• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoodbury

Not rarer, but I do think different colours denote different ores to mine. And they don't actually change colours, the node vanishes and is replaced with another. So you should always mine every node you see immediately.

edit: at least that's how I play it. :D Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I do believe they are different based on rarity or maybe the better word would be quality. Like in the volcano, you'll get better results from the bluish colored ones vs red ones. But the places they appear are fixed.

Kyzon

Three minions? Hot!

It's pretty funny. I let her use my retail disk on her Wii U while I'm in the living room with my Wii U, and I just hear her screaming "Nooooooooooooooooo it's trying to kill me!!" I really wish I had capture equipment so I could record this. It cracks me up.

Monsters she hates so far: Agnactor, Gobul, R. Ludroth in water, Uragaan Leno, Gigginox, and The Rath Spouses.

Monsters she likes: DURAMBOROS (wat?), G. Jaggi, Azuros, Lagombi, Niblesnarf, Peco, and somewhat Diablos.

Her tastes sure are different than mine.

Liethe

How much of the status effect is applied (including KO) while the monster is suffering from it?
None. After the monster recovers from a knock-out, poison, paralysis or what have you, you can then begin re-applying the status towards the refreshed tolerance of the monster.

explodet

This game needs a giant list of "I didn't know that!!" Like the respawning nodes, hitting + to stop the Objective Complete camera jumping, stuff like that.

Hell, someone I know has over 100 hours clocked in and just discovered equipment sets.

Chuckpebble

My personal pro tips-

-In the combo list, select an item, press Y to re-order it, putting the combinations you'll use most on the front page of the quick access menu of the touch screen. This is amazing for gunners.

-When cooking meat, stare at the bone, it visibly changes brown when its well done. Use this in conjunction with the musical cues.

-Buy all of the monster guides from the shop lady on the left of the village.

-On 3DS, multitask out to the notes app to keep track of the parts you need for crafting. Be careful not to accidentally hit X too many times and close your game though. :(

As an aside, am I completely crazy that I actually prefer to fight Plessy in the water, on 3DS, with no CPP? I guess its a gunlance thing, but I just have such a hard time hitting anything on him when he's on land, but feel like I'm constantly shattering parts of him in the water.

Nohar

Plesioth is definitely more challenging to fight on land than he is in the water. He takes so many breaks underwater that he's a wimp.

This fish is ridiculously weak to status ailments. Seriously, I can paralyse it up to 4 times with ease per combat (it's quite easy to aim it too). It's arguably the easiest monster online for me: I just have to keep it paralysed while the other hunters beat the crap out of it (and with some explosive ammos, I can even stun it).

NeoRausch

great shit!

didn't reach HR8 as planned today but was able to upgrade 4 hammers!

thanks for the ride guys!

btw.:

German GAF, I need "Mischpaterz". where to get and what is it called on English?

So I just started this on 3DS. It's my first MH game and I've always been pseudo-interested in the series.

Is there a good 'guide' of sorts on the philosophy of playing MH? Just more of an in-depth text article on the game and what it's about and how to think approach it.

What about guides for the weapon types, how to use them effectively, and what sort of play type you'll get with each? I'm futzing around a bit with the different types but since everything is obtuse, I don't feel that I'm really learning much by just wandering around mashing buttons on the different weapon types. I need some text to guide me. =)

Nohar

thanks buddy!

so GAF, Meldspar Ore in Grank volcano. correct? why am I not gotten anything yet?

Because the RNG Goddess doesn't favor you.

Ashera__FFRD__portrait__01.jpg

FEAR HER WRATH!

... Wrong game.

Apharmd

So I just started this on 3DS. It's my first MH game and I've always been pseudo-interested in the series.

Is there a good 'guide' of sorts on the philosophy of playing MH? Just more of an in-depth text article on the game and what it's about and how to think approach it.

What about guides for the weapon types, how to use them effectively, and what sort of play type you'll get with each? I'm futzing around a bit with the different types but since everything is obtuse, I don't feel that I'm really learning much by just wandering around mashing buttons on the different weapon types. I need some text to guide me. =)

Skill/learning has a large bearing on how well you will proceed. So far I don't find the game very hard, but your IRL learning will have as much of an impact on how fast you're killing a monster as your gear. You may struggle at first on the first big monster you're fighting ever, but in a few days you'll dispatch him in a matter of moments.

Without using any potions!

You will learn how to use your weapon better, upgrade your weapon, learn how the monsters move, their behavior, where they head to rest. In every sense of the word, you will become a hunter. For now, you do have the starter set of every weapon available. I say roll with the one that looks the coolest to you.

Feeling lonely, I have 9 pages of friends and only Faust who is farming Lucent Narga is online.

You really should be able to send messages to friends playing in Moga. Normally when you get online you're in a group fairly quickly; what's the point of being able to send messages then? I need to be able to say, "Dude, quit free hunting and get your ass over here!"

burgerdog

You really should be able to send messages to friends playing in Moga. Normally when you get online you're in a group fairly quickly; what's the point of being able to send messages then? I need to be able to say, "Dude, quit free hunting and get your ass over here!"

I don't get it either. Worse, if someone were to send you a message on miiverse, you'd never know unless you actually opened the app every time the pad flashed. Why on earth couldn't it be like ps3/vita/360/ etc and give you an onscreen message?

blackflag

Been doing G-Rank solo for the most part. Soloed all of 7 star so far but man I hit the wall hard on the kill Rathalos & Steel Uragaan quest. I can kill one or the other but haven't done so well at getting them both yet. I'm basically depleted after 1. Gonna have to hop online to complete these harder multi monster fights.

ryz

I want to fool around with bows. From reading this thread and comments, etc. i have the impression that the Kelbi Slingshot is pretty good. True?

Also, being a blademaster for my whole MH career, what are good gunner skills/armor sets to look out for?

burgerdog

I want to fool around with bows. From reading this thread and comments, etc. i have the impression that the Kelbi Slingshot is pretty good. True?

Also, being a blademaster for my whole MH career, what are good gunner skills/armor sets to look out for?

Kelbi Bow is pretty overpowered. You will need to make a set with awaken, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom