• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darvan

Concerning the Wii U messaging system. Where can or who do we complain to on twitter/facebook about on screen notification? It's so damn annoying since half the time I don't know I have a message until I open the app. Also what's the chances of getting to HR 7 from HR 3 by Friday night?

DaBoss

This is Capcom were talking about.

They are Capgods when it comes to 2 things, Ace Attorney, and Monster Hunter.

Both are unharmed by their stupid decisions.
so far ;_; but I feel they're safe since they are Japanese focused and they don't try to change it to pander to the west.

Lizardus

After 13 G.Cedeauses and each run lasting 3-5 minutes (gunner with griffon blazooka and pierce up and 3 SA users plus both horns and beard broken), I walked away with

>10 Ceadeus tails
>17 Luminous Organ
>3 Deep Dragongem
>101 shards
>71 Coats
>15 Furs
>25 Crooked Hardhorns
>4 Dark Dragongem
>4 Elder Dragonblood

Its almost Helios Z time, just need those conqueres seals. Whats the
easiest
place to farm them?

Hattori

Banned
Kelbi Bow is no fun - all you do is level 0 charge for the spread shot over and over. So boring.

It's best to have a bow that has different types of shots.

I just started messing around with bows,I have the kelbi/giggi X, but what bow/armor should I get as an alternative?

easiest
place to farm them?

Four monster quests, the volvidon/g.jaggi is quick and easy

Mupod

After 13 G.Cedeauses and each run lasting 3-5 minutes (gunner with griffon blazooka and pierce up and 3 SA users plus both horns and beard broken), I walked away with

>10 Ceadeus tails
>17 Luminous Organ
>3 Deep Dragongem
>101 shards
>71 Coats
>15 Furs
>25 Crooked Hardhorns
>4 Dark Dragongem
>4 Elder Dragonblood

easiest
place to farm them?

that quest with two jaggis and two volvidons.

anyways deviljho won't give up his crook. Whatever a crook is. I did rage match twice with randoms (went better than expected) and even tried to get savage jho to spawn, although he never showed up in 6 attempts so I gave up.

But yeah I need one of those and some quality fins and I can get my GS set up and running. It will be especially amusing because every single piece of it is from a different armor set, and most of said pieces look terrible. Joe's GS isn't exactly pretty either.

DaBoss

So can anyone explain to me why the DLC Jhen quest is 50 minutes? I tried it yet, but I remember the description and the details and I remember seeing it say 50 min.

Mondriaan

I don't get it either. Worse, if someone were to send you a message on miiverse, you'd never know unless you actually opened the app every time the pad flashed. Why on earth couldn't it be like ps3/vita/360/ etc and give you an onscreen message?
Might as well use this thread for messaging people. They're more likely to see it than if you use miiverse and the in-game messaging system won't work at all if they're doing anything in Moga Village.

Ridley327

So can anyone explain to me why the DLC Jhen quest is 50 minutes? I tried it yet, but I remember the description and the details and I remember seeing it say 50 min.

Just laziness, I think; it's no different from the regular Jhen quest, outside of a couple of new moves that you'll probably not see.

Raide

I just started messing around with bows,I have the kelbi/giggi X, but what bow/armor should I get as an alternative?

I have about 120 hours now with Bow only and I am still no expert.

It seems to be that you make them all :D Best to have various Elemental Bows and then built sets that are built around increasing the Elemental Attacks. Since the overall raw damage is lower than most other weapons, you really have to make the most of each weapon.

Also tailoring your resistances to what the monster uses can also help. I mainly do this via a Talisman and a socket or two but I am still farming for more mats for higher gear anyway :D

Hattori

Banned
I have about 120 hours now with Bow only and I am still no expert.

It seems to be that you make them all :D Best to have various Elemental Bows and then built sets that are built around increasing the Elemental Attacks. Since the overall raw damage is lower than most other weapons, you really have to make the most of each weapon.

Also tailoring your resistances to what the monster uses can also help. I mainly do this via a Talisman and a socket or two but I am still farming for more mats for higher gear anyway :D

IC, thanks for the input. One last question, is the kelbi bow the only one that can use all coatings or do the others gain them once further upgraded? I'm asking because I mostly use bows to inflict status effects when farming for mats.

Raide

IC, thanks for the input. One last question, is the kelbi bow the only one that can use all coatings or do the others gain them once further upgraded? I'm asking because I mostly use bows to inflict status effects when farming for mats.

Pretty much stuck with your coatings. I actually wish you could upgrade it and actually get larger amounts of specific coatings. Having a Poison bonus Bow should let me use 50 Poison coatings but you still get stuck with 20 no matter. Kelbi does have the most coatings but the Slime stuff makes it crazy. It will probably get nerfed. :D

Some of the high end stuff does have them all, which is the best for overall effectiveness, especially online but it will take ages to get that high up. Again, you will end up with several of them tailored to various Elements.

Also, Focus and Loading seem to be the ones to go for, especially Loading down the line for the 4th level of charge on all Bows.

I did that stupid 5* capture Lagiacrus quest too many times because I didn't know if you went into section 8 of the flooded forest too soon chasing after the weakened Lagi, you interrupted it going on the shore. It limps into 8, you want until the paintball on your map settles on the shore, wait five seconds more, swim in, plant the EZ shock trap, throw two tranqs and win.

Made the Barioth X set just cause it looks cool:

BariothX.png

Nibelsnarf is weak, I set a trap, he zone skips.

So kourizo decides to leave a trap blocking the narrow exit to zone 11 (the zone he is ultimately going) and proudly exclaims. "No escape now!"

Nibel ninja's right past it into zone 11.

Funniest shit ever.

Raide

So kourizo decides to leave a trap blocking the narrow exit to zone 11 (the zone he is ultimately going) and proudly exclaims. "No escape now!"

Funniest shit ever.

I learnt quickly over the hours of playing, never to lay the trap too soon. :D Wasting 50 mins on a capture quest when you lay down the trap and it runs off elsewhere.

Kouriozan

Funniest shit ever.

Nooo, you had to tell this!
Shame on me x)
Yeah that was fun indeed, great hunt with you ;)

Hey guys, is Critical Eye +3 really worth it? I mean it bumps my Affinity to 80% on a long sword with 700+ dmg but not sure if it wasn't better just to go with AuL?

beje

Banned
I'm making the high rank Plesioth armor and I just noticed it lacks a waist piece. What do you think that would be a good replacement?

ramyeon

So I'll probably be hopping on soon. Wanna try and get through to Dire Miralis today. Or if anyone is around HR6 I can help get you up to 7 and then go through it together.

blackflag

So I'll probably be hopping on soon. Wanna try and get through to Dire Miralis today. Or if anyone is around HR6 I can help get you up to 7 and then go through it together.

Damn you gym. Gotta do my thing otherwise I'd rush home. Tired of soloing. I'm up to the 7* Rathalos & Steel Uragaan dual quest but I will be a few hours.

ramyeon

Damn you gym. Gotta do my thing otherwise I'd rush home. Tired of soloing. I'm up to the 7* Rathalos & Steel Uragaan dual quest but I will be a few hours.
Let me know when you're on and I might still be around, got all day and its still morning here!
I'd be down for DM since I need some Hearts.
I still have a few key quests left to do in 7* but after besides that I'm pretty much there I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom