• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Capcom were talking about.
Judge games, not developers. Besides, how is Capcom supposed to get away from its poor business practices if you don't send them a positive message when they do it right? Not to mention that just because it's "Capcom" doesn't mean they're well off.

Darvan

One more question the Jhen armor I'm farming is the 8 star's one? Is it still worth it or am I better offer trying to hurry and get to HR 7 to do the event for the part's from that one?

Ridley327

One more question the Jhen armor I'm farming is the 8 star's one? Is it still worth it or am I better offer trying to hurry and get to HR 7 to do the event for the part's from that one?

I think the Hallowed Jhen armor is totally different from the Jhen DLC armor.

As it's been mentioned, the Jhen DLC armor is quite possibly the best GS set out there, so that's worth something in of itself.

So I hit a wall today when I went against the Ivory Lagi in Mark of a Hero. Got carted after thirty minutes after wailing on it with my Dios DS.

Well, time to raise that HR I guess.

L Thammy

Hunting horn etiquette question. Can I try to focus on keeping the buffs up, or will the alerts be too distracting for my comrades?

Nerf down a bit since Tri. Barroth too.

Barioth used to put the fear of God into me, especially that double claw attack. It's sad to see that it's gone.

Beats

Hunting horn etiquette question. Can I try to focus on keeping the buffs up, or will the alerts be too distracting for my comrades?

I've been using the Hunting Horn for a long time and not a single person has complained about the alerts. So, I say buff as much as you can.

Kyzon

Just did Dire twice with Burger and Karn! I don't think I can look at that creature again for a while. First one was a fail, then the second one we prevailed... With like 4 dragonator hits XD

Edit: Now the other gaf room is full. Anyone wanna play?

ramyeon

Just did Dire twice with Burger and Karn! I don't think I can look at that creature again for a while. First one was a fail, then the second one we prevailed... With like 4 dragonator hits XD

Edit: Now the other gaf room is full. Anyone wanna play?
That was my first time and I don't wanna look at it again lol. It's horrible, so hard to even get close to it when it's on land.

Well that's out of the way. If anyone wants to do HR6/7 stuff I'd be down, need to gather some mats and start building up my stash of gear.

tengiants

Is the desire sensor an actual thing?

It's actually a software engine but the project was originally going to include a heartbeat sensor, so it's sometimes referred to as the desire sensor. It uses the camera and microphone as inputs so watch what you say and do when farming for those gems.

Mupod

GS set along with Nero's Anguish is fully operational, gotta figure out my next goal for the weekend. Maybe I'll just goof around with that and my gunner set until it comes to me.

Kyzon

That was my first time and I don't wanna look at it again lol. It's horrible, so hard to even get close to it when it's on land.

Well that's out of the way. If anyone wants to do HR6/7 stuff I'd be down, need to gather some mats and start building up my stash of gear.

Free C/ Lobby 9/ Kyzgaf/ no pass

Wanna do black los?

Just don't attack him when he's on all fours, and when he raises his butt up go to the front because he's about to tail swipe. I only got hit maybe 10 times the entire second fight doing that.

Edit:
I made a room in free c lobby 9, not sure what I'm going for tonoght

Hive mine, I just put up my room there too XD

How is it? I haven't played since we ranked up last night.

I found normal Joe a bitch to begin with. I got absolutely mauled whenever I got close. Had to run around like a little girl :(

Doesn't help that the game is strongly against me crafting a new set of armor lol

All I need now for Rath Soul Z it's another mantle, some ores and shit and 3 bugs

30+ A.Raths and no ruby ><

Mupod

I found normal Joe a bitch to begin with. I got absolutely mauled whenever I got close. Had to run around like a little girl :(

On that subject I finally found a group who knew what they were doing and were manipulating something in order to spawn Savage Jho reliably.

I am no longer afraid of regular G-rank Joe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Both versions of MH3U combined sold less than 130,000 copies last month in North America.
9dFgDal.gif

I'm taking Sammy's spin and running with it. NINETY PERCENT OF THE GAME'S SALES WERE DIGITAL CHOO CHOO

No matter how many times you say it, I can't believe it.

First real underwater fight + hadn't upgraded any items + swamp being extremely cluttered with distracting foliage = A very distraught Andrex.

On the other hand I cleared Giggi and Barroth the first time through without much issue. Maybe I'm just weird in what's difficult to me, lol. :p

burgerdog

Both versions of MH3U combined sold less than 130,000 copies last month in North America.
9dFgDal.gif

I'm taking Sammy's spin and running with it. NINETY PERCENT OF THE GAME'S SALES WERE DIGITAL CHOO CHOO

First real underwater fight + hadn't upgraded any items + swamp being extremely cluttered with distracting foliage = A very distraught Andrex.

On the other hand I cleared Giggi and Barroth the first time through without much issue. Maybe I'm just weird in what's difficult to me, lol. :p

Given the difference in userbase, the Wii U version did alright for itself. So is 130k decent for an MH game? Now that I've had a taste, I want more! See you guys in 2017 when 4U hits the US.

Ridley327

Given the difference in userbase, the Wii U version did alright for itself. So is 130k decent for an MH game? Now that I've had a taste, I want more! See you guys in 2017 when 4U hits the US.

Tri did 135k in its first month, if I read correctly, so it's right in line with that. Tri also did by far the best of any MH title in the west, too.

I wouldn't be grumpy about those sales at all.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tri did 135k in its first month, if I read correctly, so it's right in line with that. Tri also did by far the best of any MH title in the west, too.

Yes, but this is across two systems, whereas Tri was exclusive to just one. I'm not saying Capcom is definitely displeased, but I think everyone involved (including me) was hoping for just a little bit more. Like, 170k would have put a smile on my face, and I thought that was totally achievable.

What's the point of 18k OT posts if they don't reflect actual sales data?!
LLShC.gif

DaBoss

Yes, but this is across two systems, whereas Tri was exclusive to just one. I'm not saying Capcom is definitely displeased, but I think everyone involved (including me) was hoping for just a little bit more. Like, 170k would have put a smile on my face, and I thought that was totally achievable.

LLShC.gif

Digital sales yo, I bet that pushes it above 135K.

Seriously, I do think that it is quite possible that is what happened. And our Eurobros are doing their job buying the game.

Both versions of the games were gimped in a sense (Wii U's install base and the lack of online & dual analogs for the 3DS).

burgerdog

LLShC.gif

Let's be generous and say 10k additional units were sold from the eshop. Maybe? Hopefully.

Fewr

Well, like the Lisa Lionheart doll, you got a few who fell in love with the franchise.

I too wish more people would give this a go. It's a great great game.

Kandinsky

I just got to my first wall, repeling Ceadeus w'o a second analog is nigh impossible for me, 4 tries so far and just can't seem to do shit, "lock on" is worthless for this mofo, fuck this game.

DaBoss

I just got to my first wall, repeling Ceadeus w'o a second analog is nigh impossible for me, 4 tries so far and just can't seem to do shit, "lock on" is worthless for this mofo, fuck this game.

Lock-on is definitely useless against Ceadeus. Use the virtual D-Pad. It isn't as hard as you make it out to be. :p

Or maybe I'm just too pro? :)

Source? This is what I have:

MH3 - 108k-143k
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/14/monster-hunter-tri-debuts-on-npd-top-20-chart-for-april/

MH3U: 100k-130k

And yeah, digital sales. Let's say both sold about the same. It could've sold way more if:

- 3DS version had online
- Wii U was more popular

I know a lot of people who are interested in the Wii U version, but they don't have the console yet, and that won't change until Nintendo releases Smash, Zelda and Mario.

Also, MH3U seems to be less expensive than MH3, they are not paying for TV ads or private servers.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

MH3 - 108k-143k
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/05/14/monster-hunter-tri-debuts-on-npd-top-20-chart-for-april/

And yeah, digital sales. Let's say both sold about the same. It could've sold way more if:

- 3DS version had online
- Wii U was more popular

I know a lot of people who are interested in the Wii U version, but they don't have the console yet, and that won't change until Nintendo releases Smash, Zelda and Mario.

Also, MH3U seems to be less expensive than MH3, they are not paying for TV ads or private servers.

They really should have let Nintendo publish it here too. Then maybe we would have gotten some hardware bundles sales.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

You just need to know to go up front, near the back of his head, and just stick really close. Having a weapon with a forward momentum and a big hit box is super useful too, like a long sword.

Broke his beard and horn first time.

Ridley327

MH3 - 108k-143k

- 3DS version had online
- Wii U was more popular

Are we...arguing about something? I honestly think they're good sales for the series. Granted, I'd love for it to do Bioshock numbers, but that's not in the cards and I don't have any qualms with how it's actually selling. I doubt Capcom does, either, especially with not having to pay for servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom