• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
Well, like the Lisa Lionheart doll, you got a few who fell in love with the franchise.

I too wish more people would give this a go. It's a great great game.

I know a few people who would really love to give the series a shot but only game on PS3 or PC. The series is sadly on the wrong platforms for the US. It sucks, but not everyone is willing to buy a console for one game. I'm personally still clinging to P3rd HD getting localized but uhhh :(

Hobby

Final boss spoilers:
Alatreon
down. Almost had it last night, but I ran out of time. Just barely did it this time with about 3 minutes left.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. Think I figured it out. Haven't actually slain
Ceadeus
yet.

DaBoss

Well someone did the math (I was too lazy to do it lol) and came to this conclusion:
60.9K < MHU 3DS < 77.4K
40.4K < MHU WiiU < 51.6K

Hoping for the best regarding digital downloads.

Ridley327

I know a few people who would really love to give the series a shot but only game on PS3 or PC. The series is sadly on the wrong platforms for the US. It sucks, but not everyone is willing to buy a console for one game. I'm personally still clinging to P3rd HD getting localized but uhhh :(

Why would you want P3rd HD localized? MH3U has all the content of that game, and so much more.

Plus, no trophies=SCEA laughing in its face.

RobbieNick

Both versions of MH3U combined sold less than 130,000 copies last month in North America.
9dFgDal.gif

I'm taking Sammy's spin and running with it. NINETY PERCENT OF THE GAME'S SALES WERE DIGITAL CHOO CHOO

First real underwater fight + hadn't upgraded any items + swamp being extremely cluttered with distracting foliage = A very distraught Andrex.

On the other hand I cleared Giggi and Barroth the first time through without much issue. Maybe I'm just weird in what's difficult to me, lol. :p

Oh, C"MON! MAN! I thought this game was doing pretty good. Wasn't it helping sell systems in the UK?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
no underwater + I can play with friends who won't get a Wii U

It also has a couple monsters MH3U doesn't, for some reason. Bulldrome, Tigrex, Sand Tigrex, Ukanlos, and Amatsumagatsuchi.

Oh, C"MON! MAN! I thought this game was doing pretty good. Wasn't it helping sell systems in the UK?

UK games market is practically dead lol, that doesn't really mean much.

Mondriaan

I hope Capcom's expectations for sales in NA were reasonable, but somehow I doubt it. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up for a localized MH4.

yami4ct

I hope Capcom's expectations for sales in NA were reasonable, but somehow I doubt it. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up for a localized MH4.

Localizations are cheap in the grand scheme of things. If the yen exchange rate keeps up the great pace it's going, you'll see more stuff brought over, not less. Given the sales seem right in line with Tri, I don't see Capcom being disappointed enough to drop the series. At least, I hope so.

So, 3DS people. Given the massive number of awesome 3DS games coming, I was considering grabbing an XL and playing stuff on that instead of my old 3DS. Is it worth it? If I'm going to put 100s of hours into games like Pokemon, SMTIV, and MH4, I'd like the best experience possible. A bigger screen just seems like it'd be way more comfortable to play on.

Kyzon

No idea, I didn't get an error just a disconnect. Then Plesi proceeded to corner me against the wall and ram me to death lol.

Hmm that's weird lol. Oh well, I'm going to try and solo gold rathian (never even seen her), then retire to netflix for the night.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Alright. Finally cracking open MH3U for 3ds after owning it since release. I adore it but I'm a total MH nub. I understand eating and cooking food for stamina and sharpening weapons with whetstone. I mastered all this in the demo that I clocked well over 20 hour in.

Still, I'm confused as to how to proceed with things, mainly things pertaining to loot. I have stockpiled a bunch of my items and loot from adventures. I don't know what to do with it. I craft with it every now and then but I don't know if I should sell the stuff or turn it in for resources. There's so much stuff too, like forging and upgrading gear that I'm overwhelmed as to how to proceed in terms of items, loot, and equipment.

Amazing game though. Playing with a long sword for now. Best game of the year so far for sure. 10 hours have flown by like that.

I've never really had to sell anything. I just hord it all.

yami4ct

I think I'll die of old age before I get all these goldenfish. :[

Might be a stupid question, but are you using the goldenfish bait? You have to actually use it on the water, not just walk up to it like with pickaxes. One bait should guarantee one fish catch.

Beats

Might be a stupid question, but are you using the goldenfish bait? You have to actually use it on the water, not just walk up to it like with pickaxes. One bait should guarantee one fish catch.

I'm catching them just fine. :p

I don't need the Goldenfish though, but the small goldenfish which are a quest reward from the Deliver Goldenfish quest. I need 30 of them for a Hunting Horn, and then another 30 for its upgrade. >_<

yami4ct

I don't need the Goldenfish though, but the small goldenfish which are a quest reward from the Deliver Goldenfish quest. I need 30 of them for a Hunting Horn, and then another 30 for its upgrade. >_<

That sounds miserable.

ramyeon

Feeling like I should go back and complete the village quests. Been so long since I played the solo portion of this game... hmm...

Arveene

Neo Member

Trying setting your Hunter's for Hire to low rank, gathering, deserted island to send them out to do the Goldenfish quest. They should bring back a good amount of small goldenfish. Try to make a set with Great Luck as that will increase the amount of rewards you get when you do the quest.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
What is the drop ratio for the Lagi plate guys, is it a rare one?

Thanks.

Lagiacrus Plate
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tail Carve (4%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Capture (6%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Tears - Knockdown while eating/Hit with Sonic Bomb while charging (2%)
Lagiacrus Low Rank: Break Part - Head (3%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (4%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Capture (8%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (5%)
Lagiacrus High Rank: Free Hunt (8%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Tail Carve (5%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Capture (10%)
Ivory Lagiacrus High Rank: Break Part - Head (8%)

Beats

Trying setting your Hunter's for Hire to low rank, gathering, deserted island to send them out to do the Goldenfish quest. They should bring back a good amount of small goldenfish as well. Try to make a set with Great Luck as that will increase the amount of rewards you get when you do the quest.

Yeah, I got the Golden Lune set which is helping a bit. I set them to what you said, but how do you change which gathering quest they go out on?

Peru

If Misty Peaks is from the psp game, why are the textures so much better than the wii areas?

They're definitely not. They stick out as much worse. Mind you I'm on the 3DS - maybe they re-did it all for Wii U because that particular area was worse off in its original state.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Misty Peaks is odd. Some bits of it do look good, but something feels *very* wrong about the color scheme and general direction compared to the other areas.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I really like misty peaks. Does have that beautiful mystical ancient china look.

Also the textures look no worse than the other areas. Textures are not the game's greatest strengths.

Arveene

Neo Member
Yeah, I got the Golden Lune set which is helping a bit. I set them to what you said, but how do you change which gathering quest they go out on?

Sometimes you won't have anyone with the goldenfish quest unfortunately.

Edit: If you want, I'll do a few online goldenfish quests with you to make it go a bit faster.

Amalthea

Banned
Misty Peaks is odd. Some bits of it do look good, but something feels *very* wrong about the color scheme and general direction compared to the other areas.
It's a tacked on area originally for a handheld version.
I don't think it's surprising that it lacks polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom