• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace3skoot

punishing draw for GS is the shiz...

whats that azure rathalos your leaving yourself wide open by ignorantly fireballing cha-cha?

step 1 : level 3 charge to the Head!

step 2 : laugh out loud as he is KO'ed!

step 3 : follow up with 3 more level 3 charges to the head with crit-draw

G-rank should not be this easy :p

super fun though

punishing draw for GS is the shiz...

whats that azure rathalos your leaving yourself wide open by ignorantly fireballing cha-cha?

step 1 : level 3 charge to the Head!

step 2 : laugh out loud as he is KO'ed!

step 3 : follow up with 3 more level 3 charges to the head with crit-draw

G-rank should not be this easy :p

super fun though
How many head hits does it take you to KO him? Does the level 3 charge KO faster than quick draws?

ace3skoot

How many head hits does it take you to KO him? Does the level 3 charge KO faster than quick draws?

i didn't notice if level 3 KO's quicker, i suspect it doesn't though, as to how many hits it depends how quickly you can follow them up after each other as its only your drawing slash that has stun on it so you obviously have to resheath and attack (quick draw helps alot) but id say about 6-7 hits on the first stun if your relativly quick at following up, i mean your not going to replace the hammer guy in a group i rarely ever get a second stun, but with the GS damage out put 1 stun in a solo match is quite significant, in multiplayer its just means you can stun more often.

I love fighting Arzuros for some reason. Beat two nearly simultaneously - I got cocky and started carving the dead one right by the other one, got carted. Missed out on two carves :(

Came up with a mixed set for the Cera Cymmetry GS. A pure level 3 GS charge damage class:

GSet1.png

The raw damage on it is insane. It will flinch most large monsters 99% of the time with a level 3 charge on a Critical Draw.

ryz

I consider using my Jho gem for the Vangis Coil (for the Torso Up skill). Is it better invested in some of the weapon upgrades?

edit: Nevermind, just fought my second Jho and he dropped another gem lol

Sanctuary

What would be considered the top three skills for a Longsword?

Evasion +2 or Evade Dist +2
Focus
Sharpness +1
Sheathing (is it noticeable?)
High Earplugs
Critical Draw (is this better than Affinity for LS, or even needed?)
Attack Up
Mind's Eye

Napophis

Ever since the patch, it seems so hard to get into rooms for me, constant errors and then when i do get in a room, more often than not i get disconnected mid fight. GRRRRRR....

DaBoss

Solo Tanzia monsters have the same HP as their Moga counterparts, but the same attack (double) as Tanzia Multi.

I think.

Definitely not the case, it is more, but not sure by how much.

Focus
Sharpness +1
High Earplugs
Attack Up
Mind's Eye

I would go for Sharpness +1, High Earplugs, and Attack Up.

Sanctuary

Anyone else feel like the camera is zoomed in entirely too close for combat compared to Tri? Why do we not have a view like the one in Moga Village? That's close to perfect.

Peru

Yeah I'm so psyched about the Monster Hunter Illustrations books getting localized. Have peeked at both and the stuff there is gorgeous.

Trying to build the low level Rathalos set, the plate seems to have a 2-3% drop, do all sets from here on out have a super rare drop? Starting to feel WoW creeping into my solo games lol.

Ok so I get up to G Level yesterday after farming all of my Helios Z gear, then I go against Barioth and get roflstomped into oblivion. My whole party got roflstomped by this guy it was insanity. Are there any tips you guys could offer me with G rank monsters? I was actually discouraged for the first time in this game. I figured being geared out with the best armor from high rank stuff would at least help me out with G rank monsters but I was wrong, so so wrong...

Fistwell

Focus
Sharpness +1
High Earplugs
Attack Up
Mind's Eye
I like evasion+2 and evade dist (latter only goes to "+1" I believe). Shap+1 is all around awesome.

Man, pubies are so slimy.... My afternoon adventures in public rooms were a cavalcade of bullshit, complete with douche freeloaders waiting in camp till we cap and then "back, sry gf was busting my balls lol," bossy know it alls who dont know what the fuck they saying, and generally fairly low levels of politeness and competence. I mean, I'm pretty crap myself, but at least I try to be polite.

Just accepted my first Guild quest, but I can't leave the village. Am I missing something?
Walk to the left of the guild counter, a prompt for A should show up or something. Giant red arrow on top of your head, "press a to depart on quest."

Edit: wait a minute... rocksteady includes earplugs? That's a pretty good deal!

Rock Steady has Earplugs, Quick Recovery (from knock backs), Windproof (low), and Tremor Resistance.
Pretty good deal!!

Mupod

damn I might be away from home for a while again. At least now that the wiiu has off-tv play I can bring that, but I don't know if I'll even bother since the 3DS is fine.

Being away from online isn't that bad because I've been planning to clear all the village stuff to unlock alatreon and purple jhen. And I need to do some more mining.

Here's a question for you guys.

For those who played Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes on Wii, would you say MH3 could've looked better with the MT Framework Lite engine?

It's weird that Capcom didn't attempt to complete the engine in time for MH3, unarguably their biggest Wii game.

Maybe they started too late, but still..

I also heard that MH3 actually uses tech from RE4 which is very believable as that was the GC's top-looking game.

But I feel that MT Framework Lite would've made things better like maybe have enabled real shadows and given better lighting perhaps.

Or am I wrong and that the engine is just a way to streamline programming and not automatically unlock the 3rd GameCube? :p Would it not have made any difference considering how gorgeous MH3 already is?

However I'm not convinced Basara would've looked the same without the engine...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, how does capturing work and how does Perception work? I've got an armor set with Perception equipped, and I just accidentally killed Great Jaggi without seeing any kind of "indicator". Is it just a health threshold they drop below, or do I really have to guess at what point I need to stop attacking and then run in circles until he decides he wants to leave?

dk_

I have the full Selense Z set with Focus gemed in. But the weakness to dragon attacks is really annoying, so is there another armor that is interesting for me as a LS user?

Thanks!

Okay, how does capturing work and how does Perception work? I've got an armor set with Perception equipped, and I just accidentally killed Great Jaggi without seeing any kind of "indicator". Is it just a health threshold they drop below, or do I really have to guess at what point I need to stop attacking and then run in circles until he decides he wants to leave?

I had this problem too. Paintball the monster, the image of it on the map will start flashing when it's ready to cap.

Zornica

Banned
does g rank lagiacrus drop the saphire too? (and the Horn+?)

I remember Brachy droping his gem at a higher rate in g rank. Is this also the case with lagiacrus?

Ok so I get up to G Level yesterday after farming all of my Helios Z gear, then I go against Barioth and get roflstomped into oblivion. My whole party got roflstomped by this guy it was insanity. Are there any tips you guys could offer me with G rank monsters? I was actually discouraged for the first time in this game. I figured being geared out with the best armor from high rank stuff would at least help me out with G rank monsters but I was wrong, so so wrong...

Barioth is kind of a motherfucker, you might want to get your footing with something else first. G rank monsters change up their attacks a bit from high rank, but once you learn the new tells it's not that much more difficult. Just make sure your armor is upgraded as high as you can make it.

Trying to build the low level Rathalos set, the plate seems to have a 2-3% drop, do all sets from here on out have a super rare drop? Starting to feel WoW creeping into my solo games lol.

Just asking again for new page. Also, advanced armor spheres are drops from minimg the volcano right? I have done about 10 rounds and have not seen one, just wondering if I need to do something different?

Just asking again for new page. Also, advanced armor spheres are drops from minimg the volcano right? I have done about 10 rounds and have not seen one, just wondering if I need to do something different?

Yes, there's always a super rare drop like that and it's always annoying. That's why you see people here with 150+ hours and still playing. The nice thing is that due to the animation priority combat, every encounter is still engaging, even if you've done it 25 times already.

Kyzon

Man, pubies are so slimy.... My afternoon adventures in public rooms were a cavalcade of bullshit, complete with douche freeloaders waiting in camp till we cap and then "back, sry gf was busting my balls lol," bossy know it alls who dont know what the fuck they saying, and generally fairly low levels of politeness and competence. I mean, I'm pretty crap myself, but at least I try to be polite.
!

I hate when people do that. I make sure we don't cap if someone has been waiting in camp the entire time. I've also been starting to make sure I get Felyne Kickboxer (is that the one with the strong kick?) every time I'm with randoms for just an occasion. If someone is off being a douche, and not contributing like that, then after we kill, when he comes running for the carves, I kick him/her across the room.

DaBoss

I have the full Selense Z set with Focus gemed in. But the weakness to dragon attacks is really annoying, so is there another armor that is interesting for me as a LS user?

Thanks!

I'm not too keen on which armor sets are best, but I think any armor set that can get you Sharpness +1 or at least Mind's Eye would be the best thing to go for.

does g rank lagiacrus drop the saphire too? (and the Horn+?)

I remember Brachy droping his gem at a higher rate in g rank. Is this also the case with lagiacrus?

Should be the case.

Also advice for the Powerstone quest? I can't seem to get back without Jay Leno running into me and smacking me down

Try to get the Food Skill called Felyne Lander, it will allow you to jump off the cliff and still keep the powderstone intact.

Yea, you can also get Adv Armor spheres from killing some large monsters. I find it common with Uragaan.

G-Rank GET!

Goldbeard was irritating as expected, but went down faster than I thought. I then got my g-rank bearings with Rathian, who took my hits for 25 minutes like a champ and kept me running and dodging like a madman. Guess I'll have to farm some easy set to cut down on potion abuse.

What the fuck is wrong with this game's servers? Why is it that when I search for a room and one shows up that says 1/4, it then can't connect? Three times in a row, then the 4th it magically works? It's so spotty and unreliable that I've resigned to simply making my own game every time, which sucks because of all the dumbasses out there who don't join 1/4 games (newsflash: you'll be hunting faster than a 3/4 where they're already on a quest).

So goddamn frustrating. This game is so close to being the best game ever made, but there are so many little things that completely ruin it. Capcom really needs to hire me and give me veto powers over the Monster Hunter franchise, lol.

NeoRausch

Sorry to everyone who wrote me to join, and I didn't answer
was in a rush to get my HR7 keys b done. and FINALLY did it!

fucking miralis is is a joke! really, hit the fart point, shot it with the ballistics and once with the dragonator. done deal!

after that I've jumped to HR 33.

FUCKING FINALLY!

Mileena

Banned
What the fuck is wrong with this game's servers? Why is it that when I search for a room and one shows up that says 1/4, it then can't connect? Three times in a row, then the 4th it magically works? It's so spotty and unreliable that I've resigned to simply making my own game every time, which sucks because of all the dumbasses out there who don't join 1/4 games (newsflash: you'll be hunting faster than a 3/4 where they're already on a quest).

So goddamn frustrating. This game is so close to being the best game ever made, but there are so many little things that completely ruin it. Capcom really needs to hire me and give me veto powers over the Monster Hunter franchise, lol.

Sometimes it's because people make rooms in lobbies that are full. Sometimes it's probably because the servers suck.

Fewr

Newb question:

Is there any way to duplicate or farm thunderbugs and other trap material? I dont want to keep wasting money to make traps.
thunderbugs can be bought from the old lady in tanzia port, do the resource gathering quest and check with her until she shows them. A pack of 99 costs about 14-15k. You can also buy bomb casings and tranquilizers here.

Trap tools can be bought from the normal shop I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom