• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zornica

Banned
so I finally reached the point I was always afraid of... I need Money -_-
is there an easy way to farm money? I figured a volcano harvest tour with ancient shards and amulets may create a good income... but there has to be another way.

is there an easy way to farm money? I figured a volcano harvest tour with ancient shards and amulets may create a good income... but there has to be another way.

Cultivate Nulberries (with Dung or Super-Sized Dung), then sell them.

Fistwell

Yay, just beat the mark of a hero quest!
Congrats!!

missed Festwills healings when i was being stunned, poisened and on fire all at the same time from los, while having eyecontact with a fist licking brachydios
Hahaha! Nice to know someone appreciates! :D

Grind something whose mats you dont need, online, with a good group. Sell all of them jhen rockskins for maximum mulla.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Too many people shooting off their Wyvern Fire while they're standing in the middle of a group lately. Blow two hammer users away from the head using it while the monster is exhausted. Almost as annoying as random Switch Axe discharges.

Too many people shooting off their Wyvern Fire while they're standing in the middle of a group lately. Blow two hammer users away from the head using it while the monster is exhausted. Almost as annoying as random Switch Axe discharges.

Nothing is as annoying as LS users constantly tripping you.

JLeack

Banned
Hey guys. I just got home with a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but since the Wii U online is down for maintenance I can't update. Can I play the game without the update then install it later all without having to start the game over?

Thanks.

chrono01

Do Goldbeard Ceadeus.

The shards/coats/etc. drop in high quantities and sell for a generous amount. I have so many materials I don't think I'll be running out of money anytime soon.

Been on for like 90 mins, got 2 blos hardhorns, lagia hardhorn and lagia saph.

When I think about it, I have pretty much most rare carve/reward there is. I don't think these are as rare as everyone says they are.

Raide

Just some tips for new players wanting to try out the bow. Collect Elemental weapons along with armor sets that increase that type of damage. Finding the correct weakness for what you fight is half the battle. Low level sets like Ludroth for Water, Baggi for Ice, Rathian/Rathalos for Fire and the Ingot Set is a great set for Lightning/Thunder which will help you massively when hunting Rathians/Rathalos and a good few others.

Also, the arrow rain is a great tool for getting those status attacks off, getting a good flinch in and for general purpose damage. Make sure you practice the distance you need to attack them and instead of aiming at them, you will be able to manually hit them without having to aim exactly on them. Really great if you run circles around the enemy while they struggle to focus on you and is faster than having to charge, aim and shoot. Also helps since you can keep an eye on what else is happening around you.

Since you will usually always have less armor than the Blademaster sets, don't forget to upgrade when you get the chance but the best advice is to stay as mobile as possible. :D

or hammers launching you
or GS launching you
or Bow constantly hitting you
or dual swords tripping you
or switchaxe launching you

moral: stop hatin on LS guys

I'm will sticking to what I said based on experience with LS users since the weapon was introduced. As a hammer user, I've gotten disrupted the most by spirit comboing LS users who are trying to attack the head. I'm trying to get the knock out, yo! Outta my way.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
or hammers launching you
or GS launching you
or Bow constantly hitting you
or dual swords tripping you
or switchaxe launching you

moral: stop hatin on LS guys

I see more LS users that can't seem to control Spirit Attack and don't really care about where they're hitting the monster than I do LS users that seem to have any sort of control. Many will charge right into their teammates, knocking GS users out of their charge, bowling over Hammers and Horns trying to KO it.

A lot LS / DS users 'seeming' to be annoying comes from how newcomer friendly the weapons are and a lot of people that don't really know the game yet will pick them and start going nuts. Of course, since I've been in G rank, I've still seen plenty of trip happy LS/DS out there. :p

Mileena

Banned
I'm will sticking to what I said based on experience with LS users since the weapon was introduced. As a hammer user, I've gotten disrupted the most by spirit comboing LS users who are trying to attack the head. I'm trying to get the knock out, yo! Outta my way.

I'm sticking with my experiences from this game as it's my first time putting time into the series. I get friendly fired just as much by hammer, ds, gs, gunlance, bow, whatever as I do by LS.

Actually dual swords probably interrupts me the most tbh. STAY AWAY FROM THE FUCKING HEAD!

burgerdog

WHEN HAVE I KNOCKED YOU OUT!? We should hunt again soon :eek:

edit:
And, yeah, I don't get the complaints about LS users, every single weapon out there has rained on my parade multiple times. Bad players are just bad players, it's not the weapon's fault.

I'm a bow/long sword user. I rarely even use spirit slash because I usually don't have a clear enough space to execute it without hitting someone. Sometimes I am attacking the front and not the tail because that's where I'm standing when the monster falls over or where my opportunity to strike happens to be. If I end up hitting someone, I try to move. I do get launched by hammers quite a bit. I don't consider it a big deal.

WHEN HAVE I KNOCKED YOU OUT!? We should hunt again soon :eek:

edit:
And, yeah, I don't get the complaints about LS users, every single weapon out there has rained on my parade multiple times. Bad players are just bad players, it's not the weapon's fault.

Hunt when? I'll be on tonight.

Also, I don't think you've ever tripped me. Mainly my complaint just comes from playing with randoms online who go nuts with the spirit attack.

Hobby

Since there's been some GS talk, here's my current GS set:

Nero's Anguish
Diablos Helm X
Silver Solmail
Wroggi Vambraces X
Y. Koshiate Prime
Yamato Gusoku Prime
+4 Handicraft charm

Which gives me Crit Draw, Sharpness+1, Razor Sharp, and Quick Sheath. I like Razor Sharp with Nero's Anguish because it doesn't have much purple on it. Sharp+1 and Crit Draw are basically essential skills, and Quick Sheath is nice for my play-style since I usually go in for quick shots unless there's a big opening for a triple charge swing.

Beats

Seriously guys, does Rathian have a helm? Need to know if I need to keep hunting this guy.

Yep, she's got a helm.

Assuming you're talking about Low Rank:
Rathian Spike x1, Rathian Scale x4, Rathian Shell x3, Earth Crystal x5

That's basically what you need, but I'm not sure what triggers it to show up in the forge.

Eteric Rice

Yep, she's got a helm.

Asumming you're talking about Low Rank:
Rathian Spike x1, Rathian Scale x4, Rathian Shell x3, Earth Crystal x5

That's basically what you need, but I'm not sure what triggers it to show up in the forge.

Shit, well this is going to be annoying. Wish it would show up already. :/

Remfin

So something I haven't seen discussed...

Does DLC expire in MH3U like it rotated out in Tri? Or once you DL it, you have it?

I'm sticking with my experiences from this game as it's my first time putting time into the series. I get friendly fired just as much by hammer, ds, gs, gunlance, bow, whatever as I do by LS.

Actually dual swords probably interrupts me the most tbh. STAY AWAY FROM THE FUCKING HEAD!

My girl uses hammer and I use dual blades. I am usually wailing away on the tail and underbelly while she gets big hits on the head. I am faster so I just go to the side she is not on. All that MMO awareness i have built paid off as I see her knocking me a lot, lol.

Alrus

Getting Rathian Spike+ is going to be annoying. Drop rate seem rather low for something that isn't a plate/ruby :/ Or I'm just unlucky.

Ultratech

Getting Rathian Spike+ is going to be annoying. Drop rate seem rather low for something that isn't a plate/ruby :/ Or I'm just unlucky.

Eh...it's kinda low-ish. Best bet is probably just making you cut/carve the tail.

Beyond that, the chances of it popping up are lower, since the only other places it pops up are Tears (HR Only), and Body Carves.

Hoodbury

I'm finally on. In World 02 Free B Lobby 5 room name Waylon.

Just a friendly tip that you might get more gaffers to join you if you go in the world and lobby we use and name your rooms with GAF somewhere in it. I don't know about how others do it but I normally don't check here before I play, I just log in and go to the GAF world and check if there are any GAF rooms.

Beats

Just did the Nibelsnarf "Awesome Maw" quest. I certainly didn't expect that.

It's definitely much more threatening when it's about five times its normal size.

Duram Tailbone says hello.

Moga free hunts are your friend! Got three so far! (was unaware they were rare until reading here!) Also got a Ruby from an Ura tear there.. maybe my rare charts are tilted...?

Nothing like beating an Uragaan, Duram, Barroth, and FINALLY, a Narga to make you feel awesome! (There was a Jaggi.. but I was ready to grind for Sand Barioth/Agnak parts again!)

Mainly grinding before I do Ivory Lagi.. love this game.. but I tend to go into tangents, and have to grind for "low parts" to make new weapon paths.. as I refuse to pay with rare parts!

How do you transfer save to wii u from a different profile on 3DS?

Ok I'm currently playing this game on Wii U. However my housemate would like to use his save from his 3DS Monster Hunter and play on Wii U Gamepad as he finds the 3DS screen too small.

So we tried moving the save from his 3DS following the instructions downloading transfer app etc. Wii U Monster Hunter (logged in with his Mii and NNID) found the 3DS trying to connect but it gave a error message saying the save file is not for this profile or something.

Now, the only save file on Wii U for this game is mine and not my friends but he cant use it/doesn't show up anyway as he is logged in as himself on Wii U and not me but still gets this message when trying to initiate transfer and the only save file on 3DS is his. It's so confusing. How idiotic that Nintendo can't even let you do something as simple as transferring a save over this way. But then again I shouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom