• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you transfer save to wii u from a different profile on 3DS?

Ok I'm currently playing this game on Wii U. However my housemate would like to use his save from his 3DS Monster Hunter and play on Wii U Gamepad as he finds the 3DS screen too small.

So we tried moving the save from his 3DS following the instructions downloading transfer app etc. Wii U Monster Hunter (logged in with his Mii and NNID) found the 3DS trying to connect but it gave a error message saying the save file is not for this profile or something.

Now, the only save file on Wii U for this game is mine and not my friends but he cant use it/doesn't show up anyway as he is logged in as himself on Wii U and not me but still gets this message when trying to initiate transfer and the only save file on 3DS is his. It's so confusing. How idiotic that Nintendo can't even let you do something as simple as transferring a save over this way. But then again I shouldn't be surprised.

You can only have one save transferred back and forth. You're trying to combine his save with your save... can't be done. Though I agree it should work if he's on his own profile. Wii U save files are handled shittily apparently.

Kaji

Finally crafted my Nether armor this morning, I need some better charms I think...

I ended up getting sheathing +1 and will gem out the -15 expert to -9 ....

Using switch axe mainly, any other skills that could replace sheathing that could be useful with this set? Maybe earplugs?

Mupod

Finally crafted my Nether armor this morning, I need some better charms I think...

I ended up getting sheathing +1 and will gem out the -15 expert to -9 ....

Using switch axe mainly, any other skills that could replace sheathing that could be useful with this set? Maybe earplugs?

I don't use SA, but look into evasion skills. It's very very easy to dodge through roars (and other attacks you're likely to be in close range of) with the DS sidestep when wearing narga armor, and as far as I know the SA evade is the same thing.

On a related note, randoms wearing full A.Lagi carting to regular Rathian was blowing my mind the other day when I was trying to get some Surspikes. I haven't fought the thing yet but a Lagi that's always underwater sounds like my own personal nightmare so I can't imagine beating that and having trouble with Rathian afterwards.

Kaji

I don't use SA, but look into evasion skills. It's very very easy to dodge through roars (and other attacks you're likely to be in close range of) with the DS sidestep when wearing narga armor, and as far as I know the SA evade is the same thing.

On a related note, randoms wearing full A.Lagi carting to regular Rathian was blowing my mind the other day when I was trying to get some Surspikes. I haven't fought the thing yet but a Lagi that's always underwater sounds like my own personal nightmare so I can't imagine beating that and having trouble with Rathian afterwards.

Yeah he is a barrel of fun full time underwater :)

Another skill I was debating was Evade distance might be an idea to try...

burgerdog

Cunanan, I'm going to make a room in 3-9. I have a good friend joining as well, so there's room for one gaffer.

mhGAF
Free 3-Lobby9
pw: 2222

Ultratech

An underwater only Lagiacrus fight? Oh dear, please no.

Honestly? It's not even that bad.

It's probably one of the easier underwater fights for me since you get tons of room to move around and don't have to worry
too much about obscured view or getting stuck (unless you're too close to the wall...then get away).

L Thammy

Got two plates and two rubies from three Rathalos. That must be how you beat the desire sensor: complain on GAF.

Bracchidios is my favourite monster so far. High damage, difficult to predict, fast. No idea how to get a GS charge on the thing when it's walking around. I love it. Though, is it just me or are some of its animations oddly stiff? Compare how he walks to how Barroth or Uragaan do.

Hattori

Banned
Just got done with my greatest haul yet... 3 h.jhen allbraces, 2 ghostly quartz, 2 drgnsphires, and 2 gems x) Hello Hyuga Prime!

Eteric Rice

So, can low rank armor be upgraded to be on par with the same, higher rank version of that armor?

Like, the low rank Jaggi armor. Can it be upgraded to the same as the kind you get from high rank Jaggi armor? If not, what do you do with all of the old armor?

So, can low rank armor be upgraded to be on par with the same, higher rank version of that armor?

Like, the low rank Jaggi armor. Can it be upgraded to the same as the kind you get from high rank Jaggi armor? If not, what do you do with all of the old armor?

You can't. You just stop using it.

L Thammy

You can't. You just stop using it.

Didn't overforging used to be a thing? Annoying that it's been taken out.
Low rank armour is sometimes nice to keep around because the skills might be better.

By the way, are there any good armours in High Rank for GS or HH? I've been using basically the same sets since launch.

Ultratech

Low Rank? No.
You can upgrade it pretty high, but it gets to about what some high-tier HR armor would be at their base levels.

High Rank on the other hand, you can upgrade that armor to be almost on par with G-Rank armor fully maxed out with quite a few sets.
But typically, you'll get a bit more defense with fully maxed G-Rank armor. (Plus more skills generally.)

It goes Low - High - G.

Higher ranking armor can be colored, and can have different models.

Mm, I was a tad disappointed that HR Ludroth armor looked the same as the regular Ludroth armor. That's not counting Purple Ludroth, but still.

Also mildly disappointed that weapons don't change *that* much with the name (Ludroth Pair looking the same as Ludroth Pair+ is fine, but Double Droth too?), but there are plenty of weapons to entice me, so I'm not that disappointed.

Minor quibbles. Love the game enough to grind Ludroths and Rathalos, so.

BTW, when do we expect MH4 in the U.S.?

Solune

Mm, I was a tad disappointed that HR Ludroth armor looked the same as the regular Ludroth armor. That's not counting Purple Ludroth, but still.

Also mildly disappointed that weapons don't change *that* much with the name (Ludroth Pair looking the same as Ludroth Pair+ is fine, but Double Droth too?), but there are plenty of weapons to entice me, so I'm not that disappointed.

Minor quibbles. Love the game enough to grind Ludroths and Rathalos, so.

G Rank Ludroth Armor is quite different from the other versions if it's any consolation.

When doing charge GS combos, how can I make sure when I go Lv 3 charge -> slap (X again) -> Lv 3 overhead instead of the diagonal charge slash? Can't press X again after that one and the window for A is really small

Holy shiiiiet, a fireball to the face with -35 fire is fun.

Whereas the same thing with 20 fire

iOGaRv4thX4uk.gif

jercruz

BTW, when do we expect MH4 in the U.S.?

i don't know exactly, but i do remember when 3U was just rumors... there was this 'constant' delay time period between release in Japan and release in the west. I think that was also applicable for 3U, might be the same for 4. can't remember the exact details though...

---

anyway, so I armour mixed selene Z/X to get HGE and S+1 without the the negative skills, and all slots open... I was able to gem in Eva+1, which is one of my end-game armour skill in Tri before. I'm still HR6 so I don't have access to critdraw+1. the armour combo looks ugly though. at least I get get some weapons to purple sharpness now (alatreon weapons, minus alatreon GS).

L Thammy

When doing charge GS combos, how can I make sure when I go Lv 3 charge -> slap (X again) -> Lv 3 overhead instead of the diagonal charge slash? Can't press X again after that one and the window for A is really small

You hold the stick forward. But - and maybe this is just me - the controls seem a little too precise there so you need to time it really well.

You hold the stick forward. But - and maybe this is just me - the controls seem a little too precise there so you need to time it really well.

I did it for 30s straight at one point now I can't do it at all :(

Anyway, made a Pale Kaiser (now I look like the bro on the cover) but I've noticed Rath Soul Z seems more geared towards DB or SnS. What set should I work on? Haven't used any of the bigger weapons till now so I have no idea what to look for outside of focus.

Insaniac

Need some quick advice: When trading with the Argosy captain, if there is a (-) or (+) sign to the commodity I'm offering, which one is good and which one is bad?

Getting the XL MH bundle today.

Didn't know about charm tables. Guess I'll make sure I'm not on a 'cursed' table. What a stupid thing to implement. Why make cursed tables? What's the point?

ryz

Finished my Lagiacrus U set today. Got really lucky with plates/sapphire, but those fucking Horns+ just wouldn't drop! I fought about 20 regular, HR Lagis and 10 Ivory Lagis.

I think i'll try Goldbeard Ceadeus again now, to finally start dem G rank quests.

Sanctuary

If you carved the inferno sac, it went to your pouch. It won't show up at the smithy until you place it in your box.

I am far enough into the game I would know that by now. Appreciate the help, but dumping all of my items into my box is always the first thing that I do. I didn't actually reread the name of the item though when dumping it.

On a sidenote; does anyone else find it odd that you can't go to the smith with items on your person for upgrades, but instead have to rely on your magic box of holding that's nowhere near you? How the hell does the smith get those items in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom