• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doorman

Quick question for those of you who have the game early or just happen to know: how comprehensive are the audio options as far as sound and voice chat through the gamepad? I know you can plug a headset into the headphone jack and talk through that, but what about just normal headphones? Do you then get audio through headphones while still using the gamepad mic? Are you able to route voice through the pad/headphones and leave the rest of the game audio on the TV? I don't really expect much but I'm trying to figure out what my setup's going to be ahead of time.

We are waiting to get the game I believe, we need a password too.

Anyone with an early copy want to help us here? Just pick one of the last open server/city/etc.

Not sure if anyone listed them yet but

Worlds

Free Play 01
Free Play 02
Free Play 03
Beginners 01
Experts 01
G Rank 01
Recruiting 01
Recruiting 02

Each World has a Lobby 1-10.

Fistwell

Worlds

Free Play 01
Free Play 02
Free Play 03
Beginners 01
Experts 01
G Rank 01
Recruiting 01
Recruiting 02

Probably want to stear clear of recruiting, dudes would think we're looking for help. Free Play 02 / Lobby 4?
Wait, 8 worlds X 10 lobbies X ... 4 hunters? It can't be only 320 seats for both Americuh and Yurop together, we're missing a dimension somewhere. Servers? Cities?

Mupod

No, the newcomers must experience the Genprey/drome menace. Fighting Diablos? That's nice, hope you can do it twitching on the ground!

There was this one required Plesioth quest in MHFU which also just happened to have a Gendrome who tended to wander into the cave midfight. My PSP almost became a frisbee that day.

Doorman

Probably want to stear clear of recruiting, dudes would think we're looking for help. Free Play 02 / Lobby 4?
Wait, 8 worlds X 10 lobbies X ... 4 hunters? It can't be only 320 seats for both Americuh and Yurop together, we're missing a dimension somewhere. Servers? Cities?
The way it worked in Tri, you had the worlds (open, recruiting, etc), then named servers (valor, wisdom), then a bunch of city gates, and within each gate a bunch of cities. With there being several "free play" and recruiting servers right off the bat, it sounds like they might have combined the first two levels, then each of those gets 10 city gates, and an unknown number of cities per gate?

Well, however it's set up, I doubt there will be much risk of the servers totally filling up. We'll find a home easily enough.

Eww, looks like some hideous PS2 era thing.

Give me Jaggi any day.
FuqnPhm.gif
shutyourmouth.gif

Worlds

Free Play 01
Free Play 02
Free Play 03
Beginners 01
Experts 01
G Rank 01
Recruiting 01
Recruiting 02

Free Play 3 > Lobby 8 > Password (to decide)

"Why Lobby 8?!"

Free Play 3 > Lobby 10 would be too obvious, most communities will take that one.

Are you guys ok with this? We only need a password, and Andrex should update the OP with this information. Everytime you want to play online, just a create a room on Free Play 3 > Lobby 8 > Password.

depward

That was one of the reasons why I switched controllers. Input lag was noticeable even in combat with the Pro Controller. If it still hasn't been fixed then lulz.

What controller did you switch to? Pad? Or classic controller pro with wiimote attached to it?

Doorman

Hey while we're on the topic of those port megatons, now that we can eat after accepting a quest, any chance that we'll be able to change equipment after taking a quest now too? It got ewally annoying checking what was on the board, then leaving to change weapons/armor, and THEN come back and actually take the job. This was especially annoying for constructing bowgun sets and fixing up ammo.

Fistwell

Hey while we're on the topic of those port megatons, now that we can eat after accepting a quest, any chance that we'll be able to change equipment after taking a quest now too? It got ewally annoying checking what was on the board, then leaving to change weapons/armor, and THEN come back and actually take the job. This was especially annoying for constructing bowgun sets and fixing up ammo.
No. They have to keep some new stuff for 4G.

Im not reffering to upgrade path, Im talking about the best charms available for the weapon.

Right, I misspoke. A lot of terms flying around that I don't quite have a hand on yet. I did a bunch of research and found a few spots were people suggested this for SA. T14>T7>T5. BUT, I don't know enough about the charms to know exactly why this is the case. A lot people seem to be heavily repping T10 as well, though not specifically for SA.

If you or anyone else have insight on why SA functions better under tables that aren't the commonly repped tables, like T1 and T10, I would greatly appreciate it. What charms are essential for SA that don't cross into the other weapon classes?

Well, each Lobby holds 100 players so thats 1000 players per world.

Confirmed for 9AM PST/12PM EST on Tuesday.
ack may have to go hard copy then.

Yeah, seeing that yesterday makes me glad that I ended up getting the copy early at Meijers. I was really hyped for getting it at midnight tonight digital but now that its been confirmed for 12 PM EDT tomorrow...I would have been so upset D:

Played the Demo again in 3D. It made the rabbit fight really fun. The snowball really stands out in 3D. It was easier to judge distances and all the text still looked clear. Hype levels are reaching a max!

Also I still going digital. I have a toddler and its just too easy for him to pop out a cart. If I could save anywhere, maybe a different story.

Hoodbury

Are there any drawbacks to fiddling around with your system settings on the Wii-U does anyone know?

Do you lose any progress or anything on your other game saves? Do you back out any system updates or anything?

I assume there is a step after you create your character that you can then safely go and change it back to the appropriate date and time right?

Mupod

In my umpteen billionth playthrough of the demo during my lunch break I finally managed to KO Lagombi with the last hit of a second stage hunting horn recital. This weapon is so much fun now, I'm not even intimidated by having to learn all kinds of different note combos anymore.

Anyways the nice thing about double dipping is I get my 3DS copy tonight and my digital Wii U copy when I get home tomorrow. I would've preferred being able to download overnight, but I can just play the 3DS version in the meantime.

Mupod

YEEESSSSS

Originally Posted by shoplifter

well that's one way to get it early

I really really hope my local gamestop is doing a midnight release. Need to call.

They are probably doing one for Gears of War, so you can piggyback off that. Although considering how little hype there is for that game I can't help but imagine a very confused Gamestop where the only people who show up are MH fans.

Oh crap this game comes out tomorrow!! so amped.

Unfortunately I can only get it on a 3ds to play with my self since none of my friends like to play it and I don't own a WiiU. Are there any spots where GAFers join together to play locally????

Qurupeke

So, at first the servers will be region locked right? The update on the launch will add keyboard and mic only? Do we know the date of April's update?

Hoodbury

Got my email from Best Buy saying it's ready for pickup tomorrow. Guess that means I'll give it a shot tonight to see if I can catch someone unaware of the date. I got my Wii U a day early going in with that early email so we'll see if it works out again.

Tried Toys R us and they had none, tried walmart nothing, best buy had 4 in the back and they almost sold it to me but then the lady asked what todays date was and said should couldn't. I'll wait until midnight then!

You know what this game needs?

Constant web browser on the pad. Makes looking up recipes and weaknesses and spawn points and such much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom