• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

Okay, I know I'm very late with this, and it has probably been explained somewhere before, but can someone explain what the deal is with those Tables?
What is it? Why is it important?

Fistwell

Okay, I know I'm very late with this, and it has probably been explained somewhere before, but can someone explain what the deal is with those Tables?
What is it? Why is it important?
They got 4 feet and a top and you can put crap on them.

When you roll a new char, your console's internal clock determines the range of charms (and apparently shards) that will drop for that char. There are lucky rolls, there are unlucky rolls. There's a trick involving resetting your internal clock and using a stopwatch to try to choose your table. You can check which table you got by fishing.

And I'm salty as shit to be on #TeamThreeMoreDays.

I could start my stopwatch now but it doesn't have enough digits to last till I get the game. *cries*

lol.... felynes, quick! cart his ass back to camp
Sacrifice him >=D
...Oh wait wrong game =P
O___O *runs*

Merci beaucoup!

I see this is only really relevant for veteran/hardcore players. I guess I'll check it out when I get back to that point.

Take note: if you land on a cursed table, there's a chance you won't be able to make certain equipment. Landing on T12 or T16 won't allow you to acquire Rustshards, which can be used to craft powerful weapons and armor.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
mysterymonstermeat.com re-directs to the Monster Hunter website.

iXNb2cFYczYUz.gif

Doorman

Merci beaucoup!

I see this is only really relevant for veteran/hardcore players. I guess I'll check it out when I get back to that point.

At most, unless you're an extremely meticulous min/max sort of player (and have a ton of extra time on your hands to farm for that one charm that you have incredibly tiny odds of landing), the most you'll really want or need to check for is that you didn't land on one of the so-called "cursed tables." Beyond that, the amount of charms available to you should be more than adequate for you to formulate a good set of skills around.

Yonafunu

Take note: if you land on a cursed table, there's a chance you won't be able to make certain equipment. Landing on T12 or T16 won't allow you to acquire Rustshards, which can be used to craft powerful weapons and armor.

At most, unless you're an extremely meticulous min/max sort of player (and have a ton of extra time on your hands to farm for that one charm that you have incredibly tiny odds of landing), the most you'll really want or need to check for is that you didn't land on one of the so-called "cursed tables." Beyond that, the amount of charms available to you should be more than adequate for you to formulate a good set of skills around.

*Sigh*
Why are those cursed tables even in there? I'll check just to be sure, but nothing beyond that. Not for my first build, at least.

chrono01

Capcom Unity posted this today: http://youtu.be/-LSUxpDLkMM
This is way more entertaining than it should be.

Nicely done, Capcom.

If you plan on using the off-tv play when the patch releases it might be a good idea to try and get used to the GamePad. Otherwise, yeah, just use whatever you feel comfortable with.
I'm not sure how much I'll use the off-TV play, but it wouldn't hurt to get used to it in-case I later find reason to use it.

It would be nice to play a little bit of Monster Hunter whilst relaxing [without buying the 3DS version]....

Fistwell

I'm hoping they'll just patch all this crap out. It really is all sorts of futtbuck retarded, you have to fuck around with your internal clock just to avoid getting shafted on shards. I mean who does that?

*Sigh*
Why are those cursed tables even in there? I'll check just to be sure, but nothing beyond that. Not for my first build, at least.

The RNG for CTs have always been in MH, except in previous entries you would always get put in a random table every time you start a game. In MH3U they made it so that you get stuck on one table permanently. Not sure why they did this.

chrono01

It's awesome when you just want to mine or farm or do other shit.

Haha, that's true. Given that I'm usually addicted to farming in games such as this [yes, I'm one of the few that actually finds it...*gasp*...enjoyable] in "most" cases, I'll likely find the same situation here.

It is decided, GamePad it is!

Doorman

*Sigh*

Supposedly it's some sort of glitch, where those charm tables wound up with 216 charms instead of the more usual 21,600 or whatever the number is. I kind of doubt that they were put in intentionally, that would be one hell of a dick move to pull.

I'm hoping they'll just patch all this crap out. It really is all sorts of futtbuck retarded, you have to fuck around with your internal clock just to avoid getting shafted on shards. I mean who does that?

If it hasn't been addressed yet then I doubt that it ever will be, given how long 3G has been out in Japan. If it were a super-easy fix then it probably would have been done already in Japan, and otherwise I doubt they're going to put much effort into fixing a feature for the western audience when most of them won't even be aware it exists at all.

Kyoufu

The RNG for CTs have always been in MH, except in previous entries you would always get put in a random table every time you start a game. In MH3U they made it so that you get stuck on one table permanently. Not sure why they did this.

It's just the 3rd gen of MH that has Charms. I will not miss mining Volcano 9000 times in MH4 and beyond.

Yonafunu

I'll just look for the impressions from you US-players tomorrow. We might get an idea of how it all goes directly from some of you.
I wanna play too dangit!

Mondriaan

The shopping channel thing is definitely a step up from the viking campaign for Tri. It doesn't cross into that uncomfortable, not really funny, non-self-aware territory.

Ken

I don't know. It just seems like those 2 avatars are from the same image or something, since they seem to have a similar style. I'm guessing they know each other. This is going off-topic lol.

IIRC they (the posters) are/were roommates.

Going to pick up my copies soon, and probably a WiiU too. D: Still undecided on Pro Controller or just sticking with the CCP (the battery and wireless on the PC is appealing), as well as a CCPro for my 3DS.

Codeblue

Just got my Wii U hooked up at my parents house while I'm on break. I added everyone who added me via Miiverse, I don't think I'm going to take the time to add all 100+ of you guys via the Friend List just in case someone used that instead, so if you did that, PM me or something.

schopaia

Is it crazy that I'm considering selling my XL and buying an original 3DS so I can play this with the CPP? I kind of feel the XL is bordering on too big anyway, but I'm not looking forward to the drop in battery life.

Chuckpebble

I had about 700 hours on my first file in Tri, then I started over. For fun, I sold every single thing in that file. 12 million zenni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom