• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bento

I think Bento meant tranq bombs for trapping a monster, and like you explained, sleep is a different status effect from tranq.
I was thinking of the sleep status but confused the knives with the tranq bomb :p Oh well, sounds like drugged meat or S&S is the way to go so I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the replies Thammy and Nicktals.

Mupod

God damn the first Arzuros you fight goes down fast. Almost killed it by accident.

Peco was surprisingly resilient (as in, lived more than 5 minutes) but that was my first time fighting it with HH. And I'm still using leather.

Need to figure out what I'm doing for weapons, eww yellow sharpness. Wanna make something water based because I plan to farm Volvidon when he opens up. Maybe I'll make the Peco HH and use it to beat down Ludroth a bunch of times, even if he doesn't have a water HH I know he has a hammer.

Ken

Brady guide is 49.3 MB. Downloading now.

My Gamestop had one other guy buy MonHun on the 3DS. Two other people were there walked out with Gears of War and that Walking Dead game.

DaBoss

lmao, im tempted to turn my wii u on and do just that

im so desperate

Do it. You know it's worth it. :p

God damn the first Arzuros you fight goes down fast. Almost killed it by accident.

Peco was surprisingly resilient (as in, lived more than 5 minutes) but that was my first time fighting it with HH. And I'm still using leather.

Need to figure out what I'm doing for weapons, eww yellow sharpness. Wanna make something water based because I plan to farm Volvidon when he opens up. Maybe I'll make the Peco HH and use it to beat down Ludroth a bunch of times, even if he doesn't have a water HH I know he has a hammer.

You shall not post anymore till tomorrow at 3PM EST. when it is released on eShop.

I won't be able to download it till about 5:40PM. :(

Brady guide is 49.3 MB. Downloading now.

Post some impressions about the guide once you've skimmed through it please.

Filth

going to gamestop. the hunt begins when i return. thinking about droping lance for gunlance HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Abandond

I have no idea what you just said but man does it sound exciting.

Picking my copy up as soon as they open I think.

Ken

Post some impressions about the guide once you've skimmed through it please.

+There is A LOT of information on charts here. Decorations list, item combos, monster drops, monster damage charts, armor and weapon lists with pretty detailed information, and even a weapon's movelist. There's also quite a bit about general gameplay and whatnot. It's like having the MH Wiki in .pdf form.

-Mostly low quality images, and the font is kind of bad, so presentation-wise it's quite lacking.

All the in-game screenshots are of the Japanese version though, so that's kind of weird (or lazy).

Seems pretty good though for numbers and facts. Haven't read any of the written stuff yet but I probably won't. Got it for free from GS so I can't complain.

Eusis

What time does the e-Shop normally update? Or is it like PSN and just updates randomly?
Hell no, or if it does "update randomly" it's largely behind the scenes via searches, as it's all up by 9 AM PST or very shortly afterwards. They do have some 9 PM PST/Midnight EST updates though, but this game's not slated to be one of them.

... But fuck it, I'm going to check anyway.

Wait, seriously? I was so excited thinking this would be on the eshop at midnight EDT. 9AM pacific? WHY?

I've never actually played a MH game, but am really looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about.
First party games go up at midnight. Who knows why capcom didnt ask for the same treatment. In EU where nintendo is publishing it, it goes up midnight.

Kyou

It's not going up at midnight? Oh. ...well. ...That.... is an interesting development.

oUh9vaC.gif

Eusis

Does this charm table stuff apply to the Wii U version too? And is there a breakdown for the ignorant (I'd say Monster Hunter newbie, but I've played ENOUGH I shouldn't really be one, not fully.)

EDIT: And no, we aren't so lucky as to have it the night before anyway. Not that I really expected it, but it doesn't hurt to check.

L Thammy

Does this charm table stuff apply to the Wii U version too? And is there a breakdown for the ignorant (I'd say Monster Hunter newbie, but I've played ENOUGH I shouldn't really be one, not fully.)

http://www.club1kjho.com/t313-everything-about-charm-tables
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65669990

I think the long and short of it is that the game randomizes (based on time) the items you can get, mostly charms. Charms are equipment that give you points towards a skill.

If you don't know what skills you really want, it's not worth it. You can still get skills through armour and gems, you'll still get charms.

blackflag

Working from home tomorrow. I have about 6 hours straight of boring teleconference meetings. :)

Perfect time to make sure I at least don't get a cursed table.

DaBoss

Ugh I cannot stay in this thread till tomorrow. It pains me too much. So farewell till tomorrow when I get the game.

I got Wednesday off. :D

FlyFaster

Via: club1kjho:

http://www.club1kjho.com/t377-attention-all-monster-hunters

The cross community hunt day event!

Would love to see some GAFers come out and join the fun. It'll be a great place to meet tons of people who share the MH love.

Here's a snip from the announcement:

"Our goal for this event is to allow members of all forums, wikis, facebook groups, podcasts, Reddit, and everyone else to all have a centralized place to find players to meet up with and play. Everyone should fill their friends lists up by Saturday!

Whether you're from Social Dissonance.com, Club 1kJho, Capcom Unity, GameFAQs, Reddit, or a fan group on Facebook, we want to see you online this week at Recruiting 2, Lobby 5. Put which community you're from in your signature and come meet Monster Hunter fans from across the net as we celebrate the arrival of our favourite series, together!

Whether you're a rookie thats never chugged a Mega Potion, or a Seasoned Hunter that has saved every village, you're welcome to join the hunt!

So we'll all be meeting in Recruiting 2 Lobby 5 (We'll move over into 6, 7, and 8 if need be!). And plenty of the members from various communities will be streaming so check them out!"

youtube link of the poster and some info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejc1nh01pqk&feature=youtu.be

poster is old, location will be -- Recruiting 2, Lobby 5

Ziek

I'm picking up a Pikachu 3DS XL at target next sunday and I'll be grabbing this to go with it, though I have some doubts. I've never played Monster Hunter. How does the camera control work on the 3DS? Is the lack of online detrimental to this game? Also, would it be worth it to import a circle pad pro LL?

so how do i set the wii u settings to a 24 hour clock? stuck in 12 hours...

That's alright. For example, if you want T10: set your clock to 12:12AM. As soon as you set it, make sure you start your stop watch right away. Then, start the game up and put the cursor on "New Game". Wait until your stop watch goes to 2:43 and hit New Game right away. All set for T10 ;)

Ken

I'm picking up a Pikachu 3DS XL at target next sunday and I'll be grabbing this to go with it, though I have some doubts. I've never played Monster Hunter. How does the camera control work on the 3DS? Is the lack of online detrimental to this game? Also, would it be worth it to import a circle pad pro LL?

There is a touch screen button that turns on or off lock on targeting on a large. When it's turned on, pressing L shoulder button will focus your camera (but not your character) on the monster. Other than that mostly standard third person camera.

I've heard that the circle pad pro makes underwater stuff much easier; aside from that the game controls alright without it.

Bento

One last question about the sleep status effect: If I intended to sleep a monster, be it by SnS or Drugged Meat, should I make sure not have Cha Chas around before I do so or is their AI programmed as such that they will not attack/awake the monster while it's sleeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom