• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last question about the sleep status effect: If I intended to sleep a monster, be it by SnS or Drugged Meat, should I make sure not have Cha Chas around before I do so or is their AI programmed as such that they will not attack/awake the monster while it's sleeping?

Some times they'll keep attacking because they're in the middle of doing so. If they aren't, then they're programmed not to attack. They may even lay bombs with you if you're sleep bombing!

Let's do this!
3JoBpTK.jpg

Teknoman

Ultimate get.

Probably going to spend some time in SP as a refresher first.

Anyone else on WiiU decided on voice chat? Should be alot more effective.

Codeblue

Ultimate get.

Probably going to spend some time in SP as a refresher first.

Anyone else on WiiU decided on voice chat? Should be alot more effective.

Why wouldn't we use voice? It's not like any equipment is needed and we don't have to risk being mauled to communicate.

Teknoman

Why wouldn't we use voice? It's not like any equipment is needed and we don't have to risk being mauled to communicate.

Dunno, some people are against voice chat in games for some reason or another.

Personally i'm glad because you'll be able to hear feeling in people's voices during hunts...which is cool in itself, along with ease of communication of course. Ended up snagging one of the turtle beach headsets for the system just for late night hunts.

Im an idiot. I confused armor variants with the number of weapons available when describing it to a new user in the review thread. I feel so stupid. If there was ever a sign I have been away from monster hunter too long, its that.

So close....

I have been watching iceman videos for the past two hours while surfing the net. I cant get any more hyped than right now

So I didn't time anything since I dont care much, but sort of do and I just did the boat test, only once so far. I input the information and it straight up says Table 10 and nothing else. Should I do another one or am I good to go?

Luck seems to be on my side for this one.

So I didn't time anything since I dont care much, but sort of do and I just did the boat test, only once so far. I input the information and it straight up says Table 10 and nothing else. Should I do another one or am I good to go?

Luck seems to be on my side for this one.

You got the best general table.

Teknoman

I dont think i'll ever get tired of the village theme.

PROTIP: Newcomers, make sure you watch the ecology videos on the monsters once you unlock them.

I'm aware of that, but was more so wondering if I should just do another test.

If it "straight up" said you're in 10, why would you run the test again? If there were no other possible answers based on what you input, the only way you're something other than 10 is if the test is broken or you input incorrect data.

Teknoman

What is the GAF home server/room? Also...any chance we'll get someone to program something similar to what we had for 3 Wii? That banner image that allowed you to refresh to see who was online or something? I forget exactly.

In line here at GameStop. 14 minutes to go!

So many dudebros here for Gears

Also, they gave me two codes for the Brady digital guide which I won't need. I'll probably just give those away during a live stream this weekend.

Thoraxes

In line here at GameStop. 14 minutes to go!

So many dudebros here for Gears

Also, they gave me two codes for the Brady digital guide which I won't need. I'll probably just give those away during a live stream this weekend.

Is your channel the same as your GAF name?

Ferrio

Banned
Tried to play the 3DS demo. The font was ugly as hell, and my hand (which is which is very small by the way) hurt like hell at the end of it. How does anyone play this?

Tried to play the 3DS demo. The font was ugly as hell, and my hand (which is which is very small by the way) hurt like hell at the end of it. How does anyone play this?

On a Wii U. ZING.

Edit: Honestly though, I think a lot of people are suggesting the additional thumb stick add-on for the 3DS. That platform cramps the hell out of my hands too.

Peru

Why buy an XL when you have small hands?

It's not THAT big. Also it's just better.

I don't see how it's uncomfortable compared to other portable games, especially since there's very little manual camera movement when you use the target cam L button.

Ferrio

Banned
Why buy an XL when you have small hands?

Big screen! Though my hands still feel cramped, since I need to keep my finger on the L trigger the whole time while using the analog. Maybe if I try hitting the shoulder with my finger at the joint instead of the tip... feels foreign but more comfortable.

rockx4

Just picked it up! Only me and another picked up Monster Hunter. A bunch others were buying Gears... and some people picked up that new Walking Dead game.

Added everyone who sent me a request since Thursday, sorry it took so long, I was out of town for four days. Downloading this bad boy as soon as it's up. Woo!

Ken

Added my ID to the list! Looking forward to hunting with everyone.

How do you transfer saves? I don't see an option for data transfer on the 3DS.

Oh is it dependent on an app that's not released yet? Poo. Guess I'll grind it out on the 3DS until then. It's coming out tomorrow right (hopefully D:)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom