• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
SnS got a bad rap in Tri because elemental weapons get a kick in the balls when the weapon variety is limited. That will not be a problem this time around.

Although DS kinda steals its thunder just by existing, I think DS' options for status weapons are significantly worse than SnS in this outing.

I still say there's no better weapon for learning a new monster whether you're new or have been playing for 300 hours. Best mobility, attacks you don't need to commit to since you can roll out of anything, and guarding for emergencies. Plus you can use items without putting it away. And you don't need to worry about getting in the way of allies since it has such narrow attacks.

Funny story - I beat my first Alatreon mostly solo with a crappy sleep SnS. I just wanted the urgent out of the way so I joined some sleep bombers - one of them carted twice early on so they all dropped out of the quest. I just said screw it and kept fighting - he went down with less than 30 seconds left on the clock.

I've only ever been a Lance user, so I can't comment myself. I think I'd really like to explore other options this time around, though. Good to know that options exist in this edition (and it's always fun to hear stories of other hunters coming out on top!).

Hoodbury

Funny story - I beat my first Alatreon mostly solo with a crappy sleep SnS. I just wanted the urgent out of the way so I joined some sleep bombers - one of them carted twice early on so they all dropped out of the quest. I just said screw it and kept fighting - he went down with less than 30 seconds left on the clock.

Doing things like that are what make you feel like a true Monster Hunter, heh.

I never did anything like that on Ala, but I was in a Jho room with some elitists who within the first 2-5 minutes abandoned because something or another didn't meet their standards. I stayed and finished him off with barely any time left. Made me feel darn good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There is never too much Joakim.

4jrZCwv.gif

Poyunch

I really wish I could afford the Wii U to play the game online. Went with 3DS cheaper price of admission and has the mobility factor. Maybe in a few months when I get more free $$ I can go with Wii U. Sure am glad the 3ds version can transfer data. What's everyone opinion of Great Baggi??

great-baggi.jpg

A bigger, still as dumb G. Jaggi. Sure I welcome it. Its size just makes it easier t hit. Just kind of annoyed I can't cut off its tail. That tail totally looks like you could cut it off.

HPhins54

Neo Member
Best Buy won't match Target's B2G1F deal.

Fuck Chicago.

Really?

I work at Best Buy and just matched Target's B2G1 deal at work last night.

Are there any other Best Buys near you? I'd try a different store. If you're not able to do that, go back to the same store and speak to a different manager.

Doorman

Being at work today is murdering me. My only solace right now is knowing that since I'm going digital, I haven't technically missed out on any play time yet. I guess.

D:

So looking forward to beating the snot out of my first Great Jaggi using some cheap, dumpy hunting horn.

Capcom US PR

SAN MATEO, Calif. — March 19, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, confirmed that Monster Hunter™ 3 Ultimate is available to purchase today in North America and on March 22 across Europe for the Wii U™ system and Nintendo 3DS™. Both versions are available to purchase at retail and also as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop.

In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, players take on the role of a hunter and are sent to explore a settlement within the Monster Hunter™ universe, completing quests on their journey to seek and slay monsters while improving their skills and earning equipment upgrades. With an additional 38 monsters since the release of Monster Hunter™ Tri, extra stages, hundreds of additional quests and thousands of new pieces of equipment, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is the most expansive offering of the series to date.

Players can experience the world of Monster Hunter alone or with three friends in local multiplayer on Nintendo 3DS, while Will U players will be able to form hunting parties of up to four players online or enjoy the hunt with Nintendo 3DS players via a local wireless connection. Nintendo 3DS players will also have access to play online via the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS (appropriate cables required and sold separately), which utilizes the Wii U hardware to play online using one Nintendo 3DS hand-held system.

Hunters who own both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U versions of the game will be able to transfer their own personal save data from the Wii U version to their copy on Nintendo 3DS, and vice versa, taking the hunt from the living room to the streets in immersive 3D. In order to do so, players must download programs in the Nintendo eShop for both systems. From the Nintendo 3DS, the program is called “Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Data Transfer Program” and from the Wii U system, it is the “Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Packet Relay Tools for Nintendo 3DS.”

Capcom will be supporting the title with free of charge weekly downloadable quests for several months after launch, the first of which are available this week. Releasing in April, a system update will add online cross region functionality and the ability to play solely with the Gamepad in off-tv play.

Beats

Well, the text in this game is unbelievably small. I didn't notice it in the demo since I was too busy killing stuff, but trying to read whatever these Moga villagers are saying is hurting my eyes lol.

Did you guys already settle on what channel/room/lobby or whatever to meet up at for online?

Mupod

The demo didn't do much for me but this makes me interested again. Do you really fight monsters that big in the game?

Of course. Although the big tusked guy and his purple brother are done a little differently, in the end you still get right in there with him and beat him to death with various sharp/blunt objects.

DaBoss

Dafuq is this trolling shit Nintendo? I connected my 3DS through my phone using hotspot and went to the eShop and it said that one of the games in my wish list is available, but MH3U isn't up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you are downloading today and have a Deluxe did you unplug your external HDD to have this on your internal storage?

It's going on our internal storage. We have a HDD ready, but no need yet. MonHan, NSMB U, ZombiU, Mighty Switch Force HD, Nano Assault, all fit easily on the Deluxe. Once Pikmin 3 rolls around, it'll probably be harddrive time.

Chuckpebble

Dafuq is this trolling shit Nintendo? I connected my 3DS through my phone using hotspot and went to the eShop and it said that one of the games in my wish list is available, but MH3U isn't up.

Yeah, I got that at 6am when I was adding the funds. Its triggered by the date.

Emitan

It's going on our internal storage. We have a HDD ready, but no need yet. MonHan, NSMB U, ZombiU, Mighty Switch Force HD, Nano Assault, all fit easily on the Deluxe. Once Pikmin 3 rolls around, it'll probably be harddrive time.

*looks at white Wii U and cries*

Well I'm going retail on everything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom