• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanmisha

ijL0r1wqOtzEd.gif

gotee12

What's the deal with no screenshot support in the Miiverse? Of all games, this is the one I'd brag about accomplishments in...

Got the game! Guy at gamestop held their one non preordered copy for me, so that was cool.

Now, here are the weapons I'm looking into using: longsword, gunlance, bow and arrow, and slash axe. I've only ever played seriously with the greatsword and hammer. For the four above weapons, do any of them really get in the way of each other in terms of items needed to upgrade/create them? Like say, longsword and gunlance both really need a bunch of the same items to go down their most useful weapon paths?

Hiltz

Have fun playing fellas. :)

Got the game! Guy at gamestop held their one non preordered copy for me, so that was cool.

Now, here are the weapons I'm looking into using: longsword, gunlance, bow and arrow, and slash axe. I've only ever played seriously with the greatsword and hammer. For the four above weapons, do any of them really get in the way of each other in terms of items needed to upgrade/create them? Like say, longsword and gunlance both really need a bunch of the same items to go down their most useful weapon paths?

That's pretty much the case with all weapons. The hard part is really just getting some of those more rare items that can take a while to get if you're on an unlucky streak.

Filth

Question. Where are the single player quests? I think I'm doing the online quests solo on my 3ds. The equipment chests have items for 4 people and I don't have any helpers. Am I in the right spot? Or is it in the first original village ? I also can't find where to get my helpers.

I can't even redeem my Club Nintendo code for the 3DS version. Keep getting an "Error! This game is not yet released! Come back later" message.

And where is the friggin' transfer utility? I've already started the 3DS version on my bus ride home, I want to continue on the Wii U now.

Question. Where are the single player quests? I think I'm doing the online quests solo on my 3ds. The equipment chests have items for 4 people and I don't have any helpers. Am I in the right spot? Or is it in the first original village ?
Quest girl in the original village (Moga), just beside the cat chef.

Marina is for the multiplayer/guild quests.

Chuckpebble

What do you recommend as a web resource / wiki that would have some decent newbie starter strategies and information?

Monster Hunter Wikia is OK.

The Teamwork Guys:
Their site. Join it, post hunts, and ask questions. It's all put together by the indie developer that did Trauma. Then there's the other main guy from there, SocialDissonance, who has mentioned he will do an in depth LP of the game from G-rank on. He did one for Tri where he did every quest with every available weapon class, right through the single player. Very informative.

Also, here's a sweet armor generator/calculator from a Capcom Unity member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom