• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EU version here, some sounds are missing (Voice samples during character creation, few sounds ingame...) Looks like some people having that issue too on GF forums.

Hiltz

Question. Where are the single player quests? I think I'm doing the online quests solo on my 3ds. The equipment chests have items for 4 people and I don't have any helpers. Am I in the right spot? Or is it in the first original village ? I also can't find where to get my helpers.

Moga Village is where you'll want to go. I think there is a boat nearby that has a NPC cat that will let you switch between going to Tanjia Port and Moga village.

Can you turn off the blood in both the Wii U and 3DS versions?

Check the game's settings. There was an option to turn it off in MH Tri so it should liklely be there for MH3U.

DoubleTap

From the few retail musings here,I hope this doesn't become another FE:A situation stock wise. Immediately ordered in store pick up from BB , just in case.

oO_Arekkz_Oo

Neo Member
What do you recommend as a web resource / wiki that would have some decent newbie starter strategies and information?

I actually put together a series of videos when the demo came out that are aimed at new players. I'm planning on expanding this series once I get the full game (to cover the stuff I couldn't do in the demo).

If you want some tips, then here's a link to the hub: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmBrBA4u0GU (just click on your weapon of choice and enjoy :) )

Or for convenience, here's a link to the playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc2Wj95htvN1byZIUJTowhqDJAKZ-4HS

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This game is saikou! Saikou means excellent.

Saikou keikaku...

Argosi captain never fails to make me
KuGsj.gif

Guild girl never fails to make me
AMzq9lr.gif

1h 50mins to download this. Not too terrible for a 6 gig game although I should be able to download it in about 30 minutes with my fiber optic Internet connection.

Filth

Quest girl in the original village (Moga), just beside the cat chef.

Marina is for the multiplayer/guild quests.

Ok I went back to moga and everyone is sitting around in a circle. No one provides quests. Not sure which npc I was suppose to go visit. I talked to everyone. :(

Berg

EU version here, some sounds are missing (Voice samples during character creation, few sounds ingame...) Looks like some people having that issue too on GF forums.

I had some missing voice dialog in AC3, and the problem was that I had surround sound set in my wiiU setting. Maybe check that and switch it to stereo.

Oh, god. Don't kill me. Newb question. Are there some commodities that are good to keep and others that should be used for just converting to resources? So far it's the only thing I'm on the fence about.

And which ones are good to sell?

Hoodbury

Oh, god. Don't kill me. Newb question. Are there some commodities that are good to keep and others that should be used for just converting to resources? So far it's the only thing I'm on the fence about.

And which ones are good to sell?

Best to keep everything. Money is easy to get by just playing the game.

Almost every item in the game is used for something or can be combined with other items to make something else.

Kouriozan

Why is everyone in my friend list playing MH3U?
Why this game didn't have a worldwide release? >.<
Please Amazon, ship it tomorrow!

Bisonian

Monster Hunter Wikia is OK.

The Teamwork Guys:
Their site. Join it, post hunts, and ask questions. It's all put together by the indie developer that did Trauma. Then there's the other main guy from there, SocialDissonance, who has mentioned he will do an in depth LP of the game from G-rank on. He did one for Tri where he did every quest with every available weapon class, right through the single player. Very informative.

Also, here's a sweet armor generator/calculator from a Capcom Unity member.

Much appreciated. I didn't find a lot of beginner level content on the Wiki but I'll read up on all of this and see what I find.

Drager

Banned
Does anyone know if the system's auto-power down affect the download?

Should I disable it?
auto-power down?
And I doubt it will affect anything; it should be cancelled by the ongoing download.

If you just want the Wii U to just sit and download, there's a feature on the download screen to keep the system on and then power down once the download/install is completed. You shouldn't need to turn off the "Auto-shutdown" feature. Press the Home button, bring up the Download Management, press the wrench at the top right of that screen. I think there's an option that says to Auto-power down once downloads complete. Tap that and then set the Gamepad on the charging cradle. The screen will just dim while it's downloading, it won't turn it off.

I got the only two copies Wii U at Target with the buy 2 get 1 free. If none of my local buddies want it, I'll post on gaf buy/sell/trade thread. Just a heads up.

sammy

There's supposed to be a data transfer tool for your 3DS on the shop, is it up yet? maybe I'm missing something here.

got my copies, soooo smooth on the Wii U. I'd like to give the data transfer a try but can't figure it out... now back to work.

Hoodbury

Ok I went back to moga and everyone is sitting around in a circle. No one provides quests. Not sure which npc I was suppose to go visit. I talked to everyone. :(

Did you get it figured out? There's gotta be someone to talk to to advance the story. You don't just start off doing quests like in the online part. You have to participate in the story in the offline mode.

If it's like Tri, the person to advance the story has a yellow icon above their head.

Filth

Did you get it figured out? There's gotta be someone to talk to to advance the story. You don't just start off doing quests like in the online part. You have to participate in the story in the offline mode.

If it's like Tri, the person to advance the story has a yellow icon above their head.

Yeah I know but there's no one with a yellow ticket above their head. Visited moga woods home farm the online part of the game. Still nothing. They are just sitting in a circle in the middle of the village :|. Gonna run back to the online part and see if I talked to everyone. This whole time I was dieing doing the online quests solo. Lol

Hattori

Banned
Target disappoints once again... they only had the the 3ds version which I grabbed since its the last copy. And now I have two games I don't want which I will be returning sometime tomorrow. But I got the wii u version at gamestop so I'm good :)

KooPaL

I won't be able to join until April... this sucks since I was looking forward to raiding with you guys. This will be my first MonHon experience and if its like Ragnarok Odyssey (which surprisingly was enjoyable considering it got stale quick) I should have a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom