• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Set my 3DS with new 32 GB card up to download in my bag in the closet at work. Hopefully it's done DLing when I leave work, lol.

The Hermit

Can't wait to go home and download the shit out of this... So hyped! I wanted to play since it was announced on the Wii, but i knew I would need a lot of time infront of the TV so I was patiently expecting a portable version.

Now its finally here!

Target disappoints once again... they only had the the 3ds version which I grabbed since its the last copy. And now I have two games I don't want which I will be returning sometime tomorrow. But I got the wii u version at gamestop so I'm good :)
Uh-oh, maybe I should stop by my local Target to see if they carry the Wii U version.

Nags

Banned
At 25% and 1 hr. 45 min. to go. Stores just opened so I realistically could leave and come back right now with the game faster than it takes to download. Nintendo needs to fix this... my internet is pretty fucking fast.

Oh crap, just glanced over at the screen and it went up to 2 hr. 16 min. at 27%

Kyoufu

At 25% and 1 hr. 45 min. to go. Stores just opened so I realistically could leave and come back right now with the game faster than it takes to download. Nintendo needs to fix this... my internet is pretty fucking fast.

It took me 14 hours for the JP version. Safe to say that I'm never using eShop again.

kidko

Is there any real incentive to get the 3DS version over the Wii U or version, or to get both?

Both because you can transfer your save to the 3DS and go play out in the world (like my upcoming trip to GDC). Also, my Wii U is too far away from my bedroom to be able to do off-screen play in bed, so I'll be able to transfer my save to the 3DS at night and play in bed at night.

Filth

Nintendos getting hammmmmmered.

gotee12

This was news to me...

The Wii U downloadable version has popped up on my Club Nintendo account with a 70 coin product registration survey...

Teknoman

Imo dont set the map to the touch screen. Sure its got a small pointer on the main screen, but the touch screen map doesnt really help since you need it in constant view. Well I do anyway.

Chuckpebble

This was news to me...

The Wii U downloadable version has popped up on my Club Nintendo account with a 70 coin product registration survey...

Surely you're from Europe?

EPIC DURR!

Of course you're not from Europe, else it would be Friday. I was resigned not to get coins from this game because its not published by Nintendo here. Cool!

I'm reading more about this useless table charm business, and now I realized why so many people are aiming at charm table 10.

You guys want a G-Rank unique weathered charm Hand +5 / Awaken +7.

Well, good luck with that, because you will never find one.

Mupod

They'd better not pull some bullshit with the transfer app. That needs to be there by...well, I'll be lucky to even get the Wii U version downloaded by 8PM so they have some wiggle room. But still, I'm worried that they'll drop the ball.

They'd better not pull some bullshit with the transfer app. That needs to be there by...well, I'll be lucky to even get the Wii U version downloaded by 8PM so they have some wiggle room. But still, I'm worried that they'll drop the ball.
Expect a Thursday release along with the official eShop update.

Bisonian

Yeah, sorry to link dump on you there. I meant to emphasize the Club Teamwork stuff. They are very casual in their approach to the game.

Also, check this guy out.

No, no, the link dump was great. I don't mind digging around for a while. I watched a few of Social Dissonance's videos and they seem very informative. Club Teamwork seems great, once I know which questions I need to ask ;). Looking forward to watching a bunch of these Iceman videos as well.

Thanks again!

Eusis

Is there any real incentive to get the 3DS version over the Wii U or version, or to get both?
Wii U's the one to get, but if you know people locally who are into Monster Hunter then you could play the 3DS version with them that way. Unless they're all playing Wii U online anyway.
Really? Man, I may be buying all digital from this point on. Even though the cheapo deep down inside tells me that I can always get stuff cheaper with B&M sales...
A factor for me was that I put in $10 to get the Wii U VC games as they popped up. So I had $10 here, would get the $5 credit back that could be used for the VC games instead, and sales tax doesn't apply to digital downloads here. And it loads faster and makes more sense to keep on the system and now that I think about it avoid drive wear & tear for, if this were something like Zelda I'd go physical until they start selling only the disc with a sharpie writing the name on the label.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I ended up buying it for 3DS since I didn't feel like spending $350 on a Wii U. I won't be able to play until Sunday though, when the 3DS XL deal goes live, so until then...

Nags

Banned

I'm only getting the Wii U version. I'm not too fond of the controls on 3DS, can't even use "the claw" to control the camera. L is fine for a quick camera center but I like to have both options. I suppose the 3DS version is good for just doing solo hunts and farming, etc. when you aren't at home. Plus I play online a lot in MH, it's how the game is meant to be played.

Hattori

Banned

isn't the transfer app in the game itself?

JKTrix

If it makes any of you 'slow' downloaders feel any better:
I4dXD5Tl.jpg
It actually says 7:05 right now. I sure hope I can pause this and resume it when I get home. (Image reflections obscured for job security)

Mupod

isn't the transfer app in the game itself?

As far as I now it's bult into the Wii U but the 3DS version needs a seperate download.

The Wii U copy is pretty much useless to me until I can transfer, so...yeah. Hype levels deflated if I can't play online until Capcom decides to push a button.

gotee12

A factor for me was that I put in $10 to get the Wii U VC games as they popped up. So I had $10 here, would get the $5 credit back that could be used for the VC games instead, and sales tax doesn't apply to digital downloads here. And it loads faster and makes more sense to keep on the system and now that I think about it avoid drive wear & tear for, if this were something like Zelda I'd go physical until they start selling only the disc with a sharpie writing the name on the label.

Long story short, bought my Wii U Sunday at Target to get a $50 gift card. Gift card used towards digital download of Mario Wii U which gave me $5 in eshop credit. Then went to Target today to use their "20% off any Wii U accessory" coupon to buy a $50 eshop card for $40. (They weren't supposed to honor the discount towards the eshop card but they over rode it :D )

Made my digital MonHun purchase today $45 plus I'll get another $5 in eshop credit. And I get CN points with third party purchases as well? Ninty is definitely making me a believer in their eshop.

OrigiNull

I'm surprised to see that so many people are picking this up digitally. Aren't all purchases tied to the consoles they are purchased on?

OrigiNull

Yep, until Nintendo fixes it at a later date, the question is when.

Is the question "when" or is it "if"?

The thought of my console (3DS or Wii U) breaking or getting stolen and being out $$ is not something I am going to gamble either way.

With that said I am 100% on my Vita. I own 20 some games without a single game cart and damn is it super convenient.

Doorman

Drove home during lunch hour, started download, back to work! Muahahahahah!
I'm going to be doing this in about 15 minutes, myself. Even if the download isn't done by the time I get home, I have stuff to clean up around the home anyway, so maybe the lack of temptation will be good for me.

That's what I'm telling myself, anyway.

Chuckpebble

I'm surprised to see that so many people are picking this up digitally. Aren't all purchases tied to the consoles they are purchased on?

I'm a dad getting the 3DS version, its too convenient. There's system transfer. If it gets lost or stolen, I've read good things about getting your stuff back in the US. And I'm pretty good with my stuff, so I'm not worried about damage. I always practice proper toilet discipline, too, keep that shit in your pocket until you sit down.

Is the question "when" or is it "if"?

The thought of my console (3DS or Wii U) breaking or getting stolen and being out $$ is not something I am going to gamble either way.

With that said I am 100% on my Vita. I own 20 some games without a single game cart and damn is it super convenient.

It's when.

Why would you even buy a console for hundreds of dollars anyway if you're that worried about it breaking or being stolen? What's an extra $60? It's not a gamble anyway, if it breaks and you opt to have it fixed they will give you the games you bought again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom