• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deviljho

Is the question "when" or is it "if"?

The thought of my console (3DS or Wii U) breaking or getting stolen and being out $$ is not something I am going to gamble either way.

With that said I am 100% on my Vita. I own 20 some games without a single game cart and damn is it super convenient.

There really is very little to worry about in that respect. Nintendo can transfer your purchases over to another system. I know from personal experience. So that games being "tied" to the hardware mean nothing to me. I'll never lose them. If they change their current policy later, then that's just a bonus.

The only time I might buy physical boxed copies over digital is if the price is too good to miss or I want to have to disc the take to a friend's house. There is no rule that says you can only go ALL DIGITAL or ALL BOXED.

EDIT: Games are tied to your NNID account. Not the hardware. But the NNID can only be used on one console and you need Nintendo to remove it from an old one so you can re-register it on a new one.

DaBoss

Haha, I got to go home early and am going to continue my download. Using my phone only got me 9%, though it was kinda cool to walk around downtown while it was downloading. Made me feel like a badass lol.

JKTrix

I'm surprised to see that so many people are picking this up digitally. Aren't all purchases tied to the consoles they are purchased on?
Spend $50 on the Wii U shop, get $5 back pretty much immediately. This weighed into my decision.

Along with living in Bermuda, so even though my download takes 8 hours it's better than the 2 or 3 days it may take local game shops here to get it--and then charge $80 for it.

Nohar

Hi everyone ! I just got the game and my Wii U. I added myself to the list of NeoGAF players, and I'll add your NNIDs right away :)

Stayed up late last night with the bros questing and starting our characters. Really fun!

How does the 3DS local play work? My friend with a 3ds is coming over, we wanna play together.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How long did it take you to be able to get fish?

A bit over an hour, but I was harvesting a bit. You could probably blaze through it in under 40 minutes if you're just going point A to point B.

I will regret my harvesting if I somehow end up with a cursed table. Ohohoo.. :(

Anyone get the bradyguide ebook? I redeemed it, but can't figure out how to download it.

If you just signed up for the e-book, you have to confirm your email first. That worked for me. Otherwise refresh the PDF and it might appear then.

On another note,
I'm feeling the data transfer may not appear til tomorrow. Unless its not uncommon for them to update the eshop in the middle of the day.

DaBoss

A bit over an hour, but I was harvesting a bit. You could probably blaze through it in under 40 minutes if you're just going point A to point B.

I will regret my harvesting if I somehow end up with a cursed table. Ohohoo.. :(

Reading your previous post, I realized you said that you played for an hour already, my bad.

Anyways, gonna blaze through it to see what I get.

If it doesn't work, does anyone know what happens when you change the date of the 3DS and stuff? Would it effect it in a negative way? I already got 10 play coins today.

Has anyone's target gotten copies of either the 3DS or Wii U verison in? Would be nice to get the 3DS version for free along with Lego City. If not I'll suppose I'll download the Wii U version.

Nohar

Oh gosh... We are that many registered ? I heard that the Wii U has a 100 friends limit :( ... I apologize, I guess I won't be able to add everyone :s

Otherwise, I got Table 4. I guess I'm OK with it (as long as I don't get a cursed one, I'm fine). It took me more or less 1 hour to check it.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Is Target not selling this? Really wanted to get two copies (and maybe a 3DS one too) at their B2G1 sale. Is that not a possibility?

Mupod

It takes forever to confr table 10 for me. 7 and 10 seem to share so many patterns.

For me it was down to 1 or 10 by the second fishing haul, but it took 7 more to confirm it was 10. It's funny because I would have been 100% fine with either but I wanted to know.

And as I said you get lots of honey for cycling the kelbi horn thing.

If it doesn't work, does anyone know what happens when you change the date of the 3DS and stuff? Would it effect it in a negative way? I already got 10 play coins today.

It gave me a warning before changing it but near as I can tell (and I checked everything, including activity stats) it didn't have any negative effects. Note that the only things I ran were MH and I had my wifi off until I was done.

Maybe a dumb question but can you use the Wii CCP for this game or can you only use that gamepad? I'd rather use the CCP since I'm used to it from playing Tri and the stick placement on the gamepad looks really wierd.

Almost gonna make the Baltzenger lance. I'll use this to blaze through the low rank village quests. The stats are something like this: 345 raw, 210 fire and about an inch of green sharpness. Very easy to make too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Reading your previous post, I realized you said that you played for an hour already, my bad.

Anyways, gonna blaze through it to see what I get.

It will mess with your activity log a bit, because it will say MonHan was originally started Jan 21 2012 instead of today. Nothing really too negative.

OrigiNull

Well... just checked tracking info to find out they sent my 2 copies (Wii U and 3DS) halfway across the state in the wrong direction :(

UPS is calling it an exception and estimates I will get them tomorrow even though Amazon has release date delivery.... Guess I'll play something else tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom