• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is the Data Transfer Application going up?

THIS!

Also...once we get rolling, we need a significant amount of optimized HUD suggestions to have on the Wii U game pad while we're playing with the pro or classing controller I very much like having a virtually empty screen when I play Monster Hunter BUT...it does feel a bit odd having to look away from the action to see my health, stam...and the map.

Still...like the functionality of the dual screen on the Wii U.

Also...c'mon Nintendo...get that fuckin' data transfer app up!

DaBoss

mmmmz4zpv.gif
mq1.jpg

Looks like a young Jack Tretton :) dammit is it!?!?!

Quoting this from the Dragon's Crown thread. Pretty crazy.

http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/
http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch.cgi

Use both together and it should work, items and quantities are in the same order.

Great idea.

EDIT: 92% So close.

Downloading this today.. Lego city yesterday! yay for good games coming out.

Need for speed should get some attention too supposedly a great game.

Just got back from Gamestop, MonHun get! I'm gonna go download the guide for right now, is the charm table stuff worth worrying over, or is it okay to just jump in?

Jawmuncher

Is there a guide for the WiiU local wireless?
I ask because the back of the manual make it seems like you could technically have any number of wiius or 3ds playing together.
So long as it totals 4.

Would love to play my WiiU version and have my friend being his WiiU over as well. Then get 2 more of my buds with 3DS to play.

Mupod

I guess we have to wait till everyone really gets started to pick an official room :p

Yeah I won't be going online until the transfer tool goes up. My character is already well underway and I can play at work AND at home on the 3DS. I'm not doing those intro quests again let alone the charm table crap.

But man I was really looking forward to being able to play on the Wii U when I got home.

Tenki

THIS!

Also...once we get rolling, we need a significant amount of optimized HUD suggestions to have on the Wii U game pad while we're playing with the pro or classing controller I very much like having a virtually empty screen when I play Monster Hunter BUT...it does feel a bit odd having to look away from the action to see my health, stam...and the map.

Still...like the functionality of the dual screen on the Wii U.

Also...c'mon Nintendo...get that fuckin' data transfer app up!

I think it'll be up the day the eShop updates. Here in Europe it's Thursday.

Just got the game, I'll add some people. I don't talk much and I'm pretty new to the franchise so if anyone wants to help me out add me. Thanks, hope to see you all online.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well, Target price matches their ads for the next week, so looks like I'm going to buy my XL after work and will be getting the price adjustment on Sunday. A+ will be playing soon!

Plumpman

Is there a guide for the WiiU local wireless?
I ask because the back of the manual make it seems like you could technically have any number of wiius or 3ds playing together.
So long as it totals 4.

Would love to play my WiiU version and have my friend being his WiiU over as well. Then get 2 more of my buds with 3DS to play.

I would like to know this as well.

beta_fuse

I'm soooo getting this game this week. I'm new to the series so I got a lot to learn but if anyone wants to meet up online to kill things let me know.

Kyoufu

Hey, I'm running out to grab this now...how much should I be worried about these...charm tables? It's my first Monhun.

You don't need to worry about it for your first time on MH unless you aim to be hardcore and do a lot of Charm farming for the best possible results.

muu

Doubt I'll play to the point where I need the best tables (think I lasted to just a bit before G class on my import copy) but I'd rather skip the 'cursed' ones. How long does the verification process for tables take?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does the Wii U version offer off-screen play on the pad? Or is that coming? And as a non-Wii U owner, how does that work? Input lag pretty bad/does it double as a screen where you can just use another controller (for times when my wife would want to watch TV and I want to play)?

Pineconn

Does the Wii U version offer off-screen play on the pad? Or is that coming? And as a non-Wii U owner, how does that work? Input lag pretty bad/does it double as a screen where you can just use another controller (for times when my wife would want to watch TV and I want to play)?

Off-TV Play is coming in April, and there's no lag whatsoever. I'm not sure if you could use it in conjunction with another controller — you could in Black Ops II, but it's up to Capcom here.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

See OP.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Patch in April enables off-screen play + region free servers for American and Europe.

Wii U pad uses custom streaming tech and software, very low latency (something like 1 frame out of 60 I think?). Games with off-screen play just move the display to the gamepad with an altered UI if necessary and you play using the gamepad's controls.

Ken

Doubt I'll play to the point where I need the best tables (think I lasted to just a bit before G class on my import copy) but I'd rather skip the 'cursed' ones. How long does the verification process for tables take?

An hour.

Wii U GamePad play will be patched on April update. Wii U pad doesn't have input lag, the spent the expense on it that much that if you can use a high framerate camera to capture the gameplay you'll see that the GamePad is actually faster than a TV input. Most of the times the GamePad play is an option on a menu, this will "blank" out the TV screen whilst everything is moved to the pad.

Tenki

There'll be an update in a couple of week to allow off-TV play, along with online between Europe and America.

Off-TV works flawlessly, it doesn't add any input lag or whatever. If your wife is watching TV you just turn it on, it transfers the video to the Gamepad screen and you play with the Gamepad/Controller Pro.

edit: beaten a thousand times lol

gryz

Banned
Coming with the next update in april.

whaaat. I would have bought 2 3DS copies if i had known that instead of 1 of each.

also just fyi for seattle gaf, northgate target is sold out(thanks to me), northgate bestbuy had like 1 copy of each left.

the target dude said that they hardly got any copies to begin with.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the info guys!

Anyone try playing with that screen-in controller have any impressions? This will be a selling point for me I think...

Hiltz

So what do you guys think about the updated visuals ? I know this wasn't meant to be a proper Wii U remake, but does the increased resolution make it look considerably sharper and more vibrant ? MH Tri looked a bit gritty and the colors washed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom