• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.. Im not really sure what to get. Monster hunter or lego city.. I think mh gives me a longer playtime. But i am afraid that the online part is not as satisfying.. Lego city offers shorter playtime but looks really fun and well made..

Ken

Hm.. Im not really sure what to get. Monster hunter or lego city.. I think mh gives me a longer playtime. But i am afraid that the online part is not as satisfying.. Lego city offers shorter playtime but looks really fun and well made..

Play the demo? If you like it, then I'd pick up Monster Hunter.

blackflag

Are you being serious? Can't tell if joke.

Haunted

Monster Hunter, there's no comparison.

If you told you me you just want to have a good casual time playing a GTA-like, I'd still recommend Monster Hunter.

blackflag said:
Are you being serious? Can't tell if joke.

Yeah... The online is the best part of the game.

Doombear

Maybe a little bit, but I chalk it up to the shitty tv I'm using. It's not enough to throw me off though.

Thanks for checking! I specifically chose the TV I have now because it has extremely low input lag in general, so here's hoping that I don't see much myself.

Diggin' that Barioth avatar, Doombear.

Why thank you. I figure it is time for an avatar change... now I am Doombear-ioth. It is drawn by an artist in Mexico that I found this past week. Most of his stuff is under the VVV511 moniker. His Instagram is here, I want one of his Barioth T-shirts... bad.

Alright, must sleep. Realized I didn't say so yet: Great OT, Andrex!!

chronosic

Forgot to mention that the amount of DLC event and challenge quests out right now blew my mind. There looks like some really fun stuff!

Nohar

*insert Guile's Theme*

Good job Andrex. Good job.

As for the charm tables debacle... CAPCOM, I really hope you will fix this mess. This is getting really annoying, especially considering that the cursed tables are effectively crippling the game if we have the bad luck to land on those.

I used to buy all the consoles when they launched despite price, launch games etc but when the Wii U came out I had zero interest in it untill one morning I come downstairs, grab my coffee and start browsing the interwebs where I see news that Monster Hunter Ultimate is coming out in March. Despite exhausting all the content with my trusty SnS class on Tri I bought a Wii U approx two hours later (along with 3 games I had no interest in playing) and have been waiting ever since.

I am so pumped for this!!!

I really hope it's patched. It just makes way more sense to have the tables be randomized with every game.

Me too. On one hand I don't want to cheat/fuck around by consciously going for a certain table but I don't want to be locked into a 'cursed' table either.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yay! Btw, I've finally decided to pick up the Wii U version thanks to the Offtv inclusion, but I'll wait until April to buy it, once the update will be available.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yay! Btw, I've finally decided to pick up the Wii U version thanks to the Offtv inclusion, but I'll wait until April to buy it, once the update will be available.

Sorry to quote myself, but...it's at 43 € on Amazon.it, so I could pick it up...NOW! LOL

Pineconn

I hope someone is kind enough to figure out some of this charm table nonsense, like if they match up the same way as the Japanese version. I'll be sad if I get a cursed table and have to reset my game.

Regardless, MUST HAVE THIS GAME COME ON TUESDAY GET HERE ALREADY

Kouriozan

I added myself to the list even if my NNID is obvious :lol
Can't wait, hopefully I'll get the game friday.
Oh, and I don't have much experience with Monster Hunter.

Nohar

Must... Resist... Urge... To buy a Wii U just for this game. My 3DS version is enough... It has to be enough.

Kouriozan

I really hope I won't get one of the cursed charms table.
We need to know if it's the same method as the japanese version to check what table you have.

Nohar

That's what I tell myself, but then I'd be missing out on GAF games!

I guess I will buy one eventually, so I can play with GAF and others friends, but I'd rather wait for a Wii U price drop (I just hope that I'm not kidding myself on this one).
Also, I'm a Bowgun expert. People need me. No, really. In fact it would be a crime to not buy a Wii U and deprive people of my SKILLZ.
Ok, now I'm sounding like a desperate douche. Urrrg.

I really hope I won't get one of the cursed charms table.
We need to know if it's the same method as the japanese version to check what table you have.

Well, it seems that the methods to check which charm table you inherited are good. The method in which you use timers may not be valid for the EU/NA version.

Have fun playing offline! :)

I won't. I have some friends here who will play with me, though in the end buying a Wii U would open much more possibilities indeed.

NeoRausch

sooo subscribed! gonna add my NNID!

ANDREX should start working on OT2 soon, cause this thread will hit the 200p soon!

edit: hey, how do I add to the goggle doc in mobile?

Duallusion

Between 30 and 45 fps? I still don't get (or forgot) why console games can run at variable fps but never target, say, 45fps.

Korezo

So what's a good MH wiki these days, I haven't played since psp days like 3 years ago and forgot the links. Is there any that show MH3gu weapon trees yet?

Hellraider

Hate you all who will be playing online with your WiiU.At least I have a couple of buddies and will be playing the japanese local way.

One week to go for PAL pre orders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom