• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am serious really, played the demo and did like it a lot. But there is also a lot of hype on lego city undercover.

I think i pick this up @ launch the 22nd and buy lego down the line

Kurod

Banned
iSg8nrj6BTviq.gif

Soon my precious.. soon..

Love this comic but there are some frames missing.

You can see them in this video but be warned you may want to turn down the volume towards the end.

Zornica

Banned
added myself to the list, my wiiu is sitting on the shelf, waiting for the game to arrive.

my switch axe is ready!

I haven't picked up a game at launch in years (the last one was probably xenoblade in 2011..)

Haunted

This is probably one of the few games I'll pick up immediately at launch.

Monkey Island be damned, some games are good enough to break otherwise established principles for.

Fewr

Why thank you. I figure it is time for an avatar change... now I am Doombear-ioth. It is drawn by an artist in Mexico that I found this past week. Most of his stuff is under the VVV511 moniker. His Instagram is here, I want one of his Barioth T-shirts... bad.

Alright, must sleep. Realized I didn't say so yet: Great OT, Andrex!!
Wow, great designs. I dont have instagram nor facebook, does he have a twitter account?

EDIT: found him, same name.

Nohar

... Ok, screw the 3DS. Screw my credit card, and screw my money. Screw my old Wii, too (you will be missed).
I'm getting the Wii U.

Xater

I added everyone but I think they have to add me too to complete the friend request, right?
First time I'm adding someone.

If you do it through Miiverse they just have to accept. Never do it through the friends list or they also have to add you.

Nintendo should really fix that....

Wiz

Added my NNID!

I can't wait to play this with you guys. If there's any MH newbies like myself, we should team up and learn how to play together!

Man, everyone trying to ignore charm tables...I understand not wanting something to put a damper on your first few hours of entertainment with a brand new game, or not wanting to be a crazy min-maxer. I just think a little understanding of what's at stake could go a long way. You don't want to get 200 hours into a game and be filled with regret because you weren't willing to invest a little time earlier.

It's not really that big of a deal - concerning yourself with charm tables doesn't make you a handwringing nutcase. I'm not terribly worried, I understand what they are and I'm going to reroll my dude if necessary and move on, and won't have to think about it again.

I just don't want others to regret it. You know that there will be some really pissed off people months from now who either didn't get the memo or willfully ignored it and didn't realize the ramifications.

jaxpunk

Man, everyone trying to ignore charm tables...I understand not wanting something to put a damper on your first few hours of entertainment with a brand new game, or not wanting to be a crazy min-maxer. I just think a little understanding of what's at stake could go a long way. You don't want to get 200 hours into a game and be filled with regret because you weren't willing to invest a little time earlier.

It's not really that big of a deal - concerning yourself with charm tables doesn't make you a handwringing nutcase. I'm not terribly worried, I understand what they are and I'm going to reroll my dude if necessary and move on, and won't have to think about it again.

I just don't want others to regret it. You know that there will be some really pissed off people months from now who either didn't get the memo or willfully ignored it and didn't realize the ramifications.

So instead of beating around the bush dooming and glooming everyone, what are the "ramifications"? Other than being a min/max sperg?

Hmmmmmm on the one hand
More people would be playing this online since it's online and the first couple of weeks would be great

Grrrrrr why did Lego city have to come out the same week lol :(

Oh Wii u

I think I'm leaning towards this more, but I want to give Lego sales but I'm not gonna spend $50 to have it sit on the shelf.

At least I can finally use my pro controller with monster hunter :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Whoo hoo!!

Added my NNID on the spreadsheet, but in case anyone misses it: NNID: schuelma

I would describe myself as frightfully average at Monster Hunter- I think I'm good enough to not completely embarrass myself playing with experts, but I'm not so good that I disdain helping new players or anything.

Fewr

Hmmmmmm on the one hand
More people would be playing this online since it's online and the first couple of weeks would be great

Grrrrrr why did Lego city have to come out the same week lol :(

Oh Wii u

I think I'm leaning towards this more, but I want to give Lego sales but I'm not gonna spend $50 to have it sit on the shelf.

At least I can finally use my pro controller with monster hunter :D
Go for Lego then. It seems the online activity for this will last for a long long time past the initial two weeks.

Ken

Speaking of pro controllers, since there's no MH bundle in NA, is pro controller and the gamepad similar enough in handling that it's down to personal preference as which is better? I played Tri using the Wii CC Pro; is that Wii U compatible?

Speaking of pro controllers, since there's no MH bundle in NA, is pro controller and the gamepad similar enough in handling that it's down to personal preference as which is better? I played Tri using the Wii CC Pro; is that Wii U compatible?

Yes it is :)

DaBoss

Go for Lego then. It seems the online activity for this will last for a long long time past the initial two weeks.

That is one thing you can count on with MH, it will last a looooooooooong time, so the online activity will last for a long time.

Mupod

So instead of beating around the bush dooming and glooming everyone, what are the "ramifications"? Other than being a min/max sperg?

Min/maxing in MH is almost always pointless. 90% of your success hinges entirely on your own skill. Armor skills can make up about 9.99% since things like evade+1, earplugs, guard inc can have a big impact on how you fight the monster. But they won't kill it for you.

I'm hesitant to even call charm table manipulation 0.01%. You can get a set that's just as good with a crappy run of the mill charm, all the important skills you can get from armor. And even the 'cursed tables' have charms you can work into those sets. You have an incredibly tiny chance of getting a 'god charm' even if you ARE on a good table - I sure never saw one in all my time playing Tri. Hours and hours of mining.

NOW, I say almost pointless because for some people, making that perfect armor set is an endgame goal and the reason they play so much. I'm kinda one of those people. However I recognize that I'm crazy, and something like restarting my game 10 times to get it right doesn't daunt me in the least. I'm somewhat worried about the idea of people getting screwed out of rustshards, if the problem was that bad you'd think they would have patched it by now.

ANYWAYS, worst case scenario you do go nuts and decide you NEED a charm made of unobtainium. Just make a new character. Won't take you THAT long to get back to where you were, since from what I understand HR grinding is no longer a requirement to access high rank/g-rank stuff.

can we please stop scaring people off with charm table talk oh god

Zarovitch

Great OT thanks!

I've add my NNID too, i'll play it offline first and when i'll be better i'll join online.
I can play with english player, but it's possible that i don't catch everything you said, in case you care.

Lord Phol

I think it would be fine if they just removed the cursed tables. Randomness and variety can be great but being locked out of so many options isn't.

What sucks is that I have to work from 22.-25. :/

If Off TV would be there at launch I would bring my Wii U to work and join the online hunt.

Sadly I'll have to go solo the first weekend on 3DS.

Has anyone spotted the XL CPP in stores yet? Amazon says release date is also next friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom