• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume 3U still auto-saves after quests too. I obviously haven't gotten into 3U yet(see my above post) so I cannot confirm. If you incurred the wrath of network instability(online disconnection) in Tri you didn't have to worry about losing your recent quest rewards.

I couldn't do it - I bought the XL, MH, Fire Emblem, and the new Castlevania for $300 ($260 after price adjustment). The U looks cool, but even talking to the sales associate, the U just doesn't have enough for me yet. Ready to start hunting though!

Well you're a stronger person than I am... I just pre-ordered the MH WiiU bundle even though I told myself I would wait till there was atleast another game that intererests me on the horizon... I'm weak :(
No regrets, MH is worth it!

Mondriaan

Looks like failing to disable auto power down has ensured my first day hunting will be tomorrow. If you guys could just stop playing until I get the game that would be great. That's right, just turn it off until I can enjoy the game too. It's only fair. You wouldn't want to be one of those entitled gamer types would you!? You just think about that for a sec while I stare at my download status bar some more. I think it helps if I stare at it.

I figured the big download would prevent me from playing day1 especially since I did not have much time to play today to begin with. Have fun you lucky hunters and hope to see some of you tomorrow.
It serves you right!! All the elite demo users turned auto power down off so that they could min-max the play time to demo usage count ratio! (Only four and a half hours left to download. T_T)

Nicktals

Banned
Any word on the transfer app yet? I want to head online but don't want to start a new character...any chance it stil goes up tonight?

edit: saw the post above...but my gut has a bad feeling about it actually happening..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well you're a stronger person than I am... I just pre-ordered the MH WiiU bundle even though I told myself I would wait till there was atleast another game that intererests me on the horizon... I'm weak :(
No regrets, MH is worth it!

MH is worth it for sure, and my wife even said to go ahead and buy the Wii U. But I just have a hard time biting at that cost still. Maybe I'll catch a deal on a Wii U later, but for now, I'm better saving my money and getting the system with more games I want to play at the moment.

The Boat

Those Carpenter Bugs. I need them for my armor. I think I read that they are only located in the Misty peaks.

He said later today. So... yes! I can play as my character when I get off work tonight. at... 1am...
Sandy plains, there are some there. i think I caught them in 2, maybe 3? I'm not good at memorizing these things lol

It serves you right!! All the elite demo users turned auto power down off so that they could min-max the play time to demo usage count ratio! (Only four and a half hours left to download. T_T)

Watch me send you a miiverse message and your download estimate shoots up 2 hours :p Nobody gets to play until I have mine! Cursed tables on you all! Curse your tables!

blackflag

I cant figure out how to get to the dang online port. When I push the port on the touchscreen it just shows offline.

Derp found it. I was expecting something like Tri

Boogdud

For 3DS users, it's been mentioned before in the thread I believe, but since there are a lot of new folks on...

The framerate on the 3ds is much better with the 3d turned off. But not via the slider, for it to affect the framerate you have to quit the game and go to the main screen's options and disable the 3d display. Voila, instant ~40-45 fps.

For me personally, I'll take a smoother framerate any day. The 3d is neat for a bit, but not worth the frame hit. It's also tough for me to maintain the right aspect to keep the 3d in effect when I'm having to swivel and tap the L button and do all that jazz.

Ken

My opinion on the Circle Pad Pro is that it's nice to have for underwater stuff, but other than that I find myself using the L-lock on to control the camera. Comfort with the extra ZR/L buttons is subjective but I like it.

I wasnt impressed with the controls for the 3DS demo, but when I actually got the game and could futz around with the interface some, its a lot more comfortable. The underwater portions arent as bad anymore.

I wasnt impressed with the controls for the 3DS demo, but when I actually got the game and could futz around with the interface some, its a lot more comfortable. The underwater portions arent as bad anymore.

Am at ease with the controls now but still find the underwater portions to be horrible.
Hope its just thats a really annoying enemy though.

Well, I got my copy today at GameStop after the whole NewEgg debacle. I went in and the girl behind the register was trying to tell me that it wasn't supposed to be out until April 1st. I told her it was out today, at which point the manager overheard our exchange and let her know where they were. I must have had a look on my face, something akin to panic I would imagine, because the manager came over, looked at me and assured me, "Don't worry, we have a copy of Monster Hunter for you." What a day.

Anyways, I know I mostly lurk around here and nobody really knows me, but I wouldn't mind if anyone wanted to add me for some online play. I'm not super versed in Monster Hunter, but I did play through a good chunk of Tri, so I'm not a total noob or anything. NNID is TheLegendOfJosh for interested parties.

So, tested out that fishing thing to see which table I got. I think I got the tenth one. Got sushifish times 3, shining starfish times 2, whetfish times 6, shining starfish times 1, and humspun conch. This pattern only exist on the tenth table. So, I did get the tenth table right?

Anteo

This game is better than I expected. First time player here.
Just came back from hunting littler fish that die in 2 hits.

CemK4gt.jpg

Just got the game. I found the best way for me to play was using the Wii classic controller. Thumb sticks above d-pad and ABXY buttons really annoy me.

The Boat

So I finally got to try my circle pad pro with this game, waste....of.....money.
I think it's the best control method by far. It works without it, but not as well.
For 3DS users, it's been mentioned before in the thread I believe, but since there are a lot of new folks on...

The framerate on the 3ds is much better with the 3d turned off. But not via the slider, for it to affect the framerate you have to quit the game and go to the main screen's options and disable the 3d display. Voila, instant ~40-45 fps.

For me personally, I'll take a smoother framerate any day. The 3d is neat for a bit, but not worth the frame hit. It's also tough for me to maintain the right aspect to keep the 3d in effect when I'm having to swivel and tap the L button and do all that jazz.

I really like the 3D, it really helps with judging distance to the monsters and I'm perfectly fine with the framerate so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom