• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked it up today, super excited to start playing. Next week, the hunt will begin. Even picked up the PDF version of the beginner's guide

Abandond

Dont worry about the tables if it's your first time. Just dive in an have fun. Good luck!

I've heard this, but I haven't even made my save yet, figured there's no reason not to go for a specific table while I still have the chance. I don't really like playing alts or anything of the sort so I'd like to do what's best.

NORTH AMERICA GAF!

Everytime you want to hunt online with other members, you either warp using your Friend List, or you can Create A Room on: (quote to see)

Andrex, please add this to the OP so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves. :p

And I'm not asking for suggestions becacuse we would keep dancing in circles.

Filth

If people are finding the quests insanely hard make sure your doing the single player quests and not the online quests solo. Online quest monsters have a shit ton more hp.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
NORTH AMERICA GAF!

Everytime you want to hunt online with other members, you either warp using your Friend List, or you can Create A Room on: (quote to see)

Andrex, please add this to the OP so we don't have to keep repeating ourselves. :p

And I'm not asking for suggestions becacuse we would keep dancing in circles.

K.

Darkgran

Went into Best Buy and they had none on the shelves (3DS) Looked around a little bit more and saw a few copies on a desk so I grabbed one. Now that I have had some time to think about it..I think I might have grabbed someone's pre-order. Oops. Off to hunt baby!!!

The starting sword and shield... its the first quest for me

Like I said before. Take your time. You have 50 minutes. Stand on the side and just watch the Azaroth for a moment. It's movements will telegraph it's attacks. If you're low on health, leave the area and regenerate. gather more herbs. Make use of the time to gather materials.

Filth

Went into Best Buy and they had none on the shelves (3DS) Looked around a little bit more and saw a few copies on a desk so I grabbed one. Now that I have had some time to think about it..I think I might have grabbed someone's pre-order. Oops. Off to hunt baby!!!

QUEST COMPLETED

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Glad everyone's enjoying the game :D I checked out the US MH3U Miiverse and it looks like there's a lot of buzz after only one day, keep it up!

Ultratech

Not all bows accept all coatings I think, kind of like how not all bowguns can use every type of ammo.

Pretty much.

The Bow should list what Coatings it's able to use.

There's also Skills you can get that allow you to use Coatings you normally couldn't use with a specific bow.

Edit: Beaten above...lol

What do you mean? Can you post a pic?

EDIT: Oh wait, you mean a part of it broken off?

Aww, oh well.

IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

I had to hard reset my system twice. :( Yeah my game is defective! FUCK! I was just about to play too.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Any deals out there for this?

...I think I want this.. but I like my life... so you know.. tough choice really.

Mupod

Jesus I'm still barely at 60% downloaded. Transfer tool's not up yet though so whatever, Wii U version is useless to me until that happens.

In other news I'm so lazy I haven't made any armor yet and I'm at the urgent to get into 5* village quests. I don't really want to fight
Lagi underwater
wearing leather armor, but I don't want to farm up a good set that's just going to get replaced by Volvidon stuff when I finally unlock that jackass.

Hunting horns are pretty great so far but I could kill this stuff faster with a hammer. I also have NO IDEA what the hell this qurupeco horn needs for upgrades. Scalding pleura? That's not from Rathian, and it'd better not come from Agnaktor.

Ghost23

When do you get this fishing quest to check your charm table? I'm just now starting quests with farming and I feel as though I should have done this fishing thing already.

When do you get this fishing quest to check your charm table? I'm just now starting quests with farming and I feel as though I should have done this fishing thing already.

After you do the Monster Guts Village Quest. It's Lv.1.

I assume you can reset your system time to the correct one after getting your table, right?

Rize_21

Just did
Duramboros,urgent quest
to save
Kayamba
With 2 KOs,no potions/mega potions remaining,4 sharpeners left,a health bar almost depleted,Lagombi set and punch lance(276 attack,decent green sharp,5% affinity and 100 thunder),thanks to the bbq and the raw meats for the constant max stamina bar,it's a really hard challenge to face!

Hoodbury

Hmm, I must have done something wrong. Tried to do the setup for table 10 but I got table 2. Table 2 is not cursed though so I guess I'll keep it.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So uh, I was absolutely sure I had set up the RNG to get me table 10, but when I just checked the shipping expedition results and put them into the verifier, it said Table 14.

Did I fuck things over by using a Fish Finder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom