• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Clearly that jaggi wasnt great enough.

2740760-1735968_csi_miami_yeah_super.jpg

whats with all the tiny text on Wii U?

There was a problem with text size back in Lost Planet, and this seems to have the same problem...except with on an HDTV. Not sure why they thought it was a good idea...hopefully something that can be fixed with a patch. Same with the player map marker.

" Enjoy an engrossing hunting experience with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, whether playing on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, with a game that utilises the unique functionalities of both consoles. Explore the unique and stunning world with the Wii U console’s HD graphics or enjoy 3D visuals on Nintendo 3DS. Fans who own both consoles, as well as a copy of the game for each system, can use the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Data Transfer Program to transfer their progress from one console to the other and vice versa for a seamless experience between hunting on the go and in front of the TV. This application will be available from 22nd March as a free download on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

it looks like the thing is free till or it come out on the 22nd of March
Source(s):
banned url "

what the fuck.

Are you fucking kidding me?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ok, something is wrong.

Is the RNG for the charm tables based on when you press "New Game" or when you leave the chharacter creation screen.

Filth

quest: capture a qudrupo birdy guy.

bird is limping.

me: ah ha! time for a trap!

:::places trap:::

purple raptor enters zone from behind and proceeds to run into my only trap.

:(

Ken

That March 22 date better be fake. On the bright side that should be enough time for me to finish the single player stuff and max out my farm. On the other hand that seems like a function that should have been available day 1.

Charm table happens when you press new game.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
12:14:43~45 [AM]

Your time-zone doesn't matter, it's the same wherever you live.

Don't forget to set your Time/Date to 21/01/12.

You also have to not be connected to the internet, I believe.

Anyway, just went through the whole charm table thing, slogged through an hour...

And while I thought I did the whole hack maneuver correctly, I didn't end up on Table 10...

LUCKILY, I'm still not on a cursed table, nor am I on a table with no RustShard, SO I'M GOOD! WOOHOO.

Ended up on Table 6 for some reason.

And now to play the game without too many worries.

BooJoh

" Enjoy an engrossing hunting experience with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, whether playing on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, with a game that utilises the unique functionalities of both consoles. Explore the unique and stunning world with the Wii U console’s HD graphics or enjoy 3D visuals on Nintendo 3DS. Fans who own both consoles, as well as a copy of the game for each system, can use the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Data Transfer Program to transfer their progress from one console to the other and vice versa for a seamless experience between hunting on the go and in front of the TV. This application will be available from 22nd March as a free download on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

it looks like the thing is free till or it come out on the 22nd of March
Source(s):
banned url "

what the fuck.

Isn't the 22nd the day the game comes out in Europe? So of course the transfer app comes out on the 22nd... in Europe. Why it's not up in NA yet I don't know.

chrono01

When you press "New Game".

I think I remember reading you have to disable wireless.
Yeah, I unplugged my modem before I attempted it.

I checked my [first] fishing expedition, and got results for Tables 2/6/10/13.

Here's hoping the next gives better clarification on whether I'm on Table 10...

Jawmuncher

I haven't tried to see if 2 Wii Us can hook up yet. But I have been playing with 1 WiiU and 3 3DS. Gotta say its damn awesome. Everything is smooth and runs great.

L Thammy

I didn't disconnect from the Internet and still got the table I wanted (on Wii U). I also hit New Game too early by accident, backed out, then hit it at the proper time. Again, might be dumb luck.

Finally got my 3DS and Wii U connected with each other in the Marina.. Now when I start a quest with one player, the other doesn't come along, how do I get both players in the same quest? They sure as hell don't make it easy.
Anyone know what to do here? Setting this local multiplayer up is a pain in the ass.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I have to disable wireless?

asfdasdfasfdafdsafdsfsafwasgjiaafiahsgsawhgo;asjg

:|

|:

Mondriaan

Installing now.

Why isn't this automatic? Why isn't any of this simple? Why is this going to take over an hour? Wii Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

remist

It's so awesome playing Monster Hunter in HD even if some of the environmental textures are meh. It makes the cooking mini game a lot easier.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
quest: capture a qudrupo birdy guy.

bird is limping.

me: ah ha! time for a trap!

:::places trap:::

purple raptor enters zone from behind and proceeds to run into my only trap.

:(

Best solution is to bring extra traps. You can make Shock Traps with Trap Tool (bought from the item seller) and Thunderbug (semi-rare, find one and breed more at your Farm).

First great jaggi battle and done in under 5 minutes lol.

Peco takes me the longest so far, because he dicks around so much. Even Royal L. went down in less time. Great Jaggi usually dies before it can even start limping. :p

L Thammy

Best solution is to bring extra traps. You can make Shock Traps with Trap Tool (bought from the item seller) and Thunderbug (semi-rare, find one and breed more at your Farm).

Bester solution. When a monster limps away, it's probably retreating to its nest to sleep. Figure out where that is and trap it while it's napping.

Just before it curls up it'll look around, so wait a second before entering the area.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So I know the Wii U version is just peachy, but how about the 3DS version?

Boogiepop

Man, I was hoping they'd tone down the tutorial stuff here a little, but nope. Oh well, got up through the first quest for now (just the mushrooms) and decided it was time for a break. Decided to try Dual Swords, and they seem pretty neat. Hope to dig into the game a little properly tomorrow. Oh yeah, and it's driving me a little crazy that you don't seem to be able to use the analog sticks for menus, and how the text is so small on the TV (readable, but still pretty damn small). Oh, and I really wanna remap the run to ZR instead of R.

Fewr

I love this thing. I took the kill qurupeco quest, set out to find him (why isn't it on my radar like the rabbit in the demo?), started fighting and it called some little dinos which I easily took care of, we kept our fight, changed area then it summoned some slug-like dinos, I ignored them and kept fighting, then it went back to the original area and summoned a HUGE dragon.

I couldn't keep up and lost ):

I suppose I have to hit it hard when it starts calling its friends. I'll try again.

Nicktals

Banned
Well, unfortunately my gut was right, it seems...Oh well, I'll continue to farm a bit until capcom can get around to flipping a switch.

JKTrix

98% downlaoded! After initiating right after it went live!

And I'm pretty much just going to install it and go to bed. Wednesday though!

Filth

I love this thing. I took the kill qurupeco quest, set out to find him (why isn't it on my radar like the rabbit in the demo?), started fighting and it called some little dinos which I easily took care of, we kept our fight, changed area then it summoned some slug-like dinos, I ignored them and kept fighting, then it went back to the original area and summoned a HUGE dragon.

I couldn't keep up and lost ):

I suppose I have to hit it hard when it starts calling its friends. I'll try again.

the demo made it easy for you.... the real game you need to find them. bring paintballs with you you throw them at the monster and they will be marked on your map no matter what zone they go into :]

Filth

So should a deal on this game be expected at any point (retail or maybe even digital)?

And are load times faster on a digital copy?

carry whetstones, lets say you run out of whetstones during a quest go mine some ore and theres a chance youll get a whetstone.

Chorazin

So should a deal on this game be expected at any point (retail or maybe even digital)?

And are load times faster on a digital copy?

Doubtful on digital, but it falls under the Target B2G1 sale that's going on this week. So you can buy both and get another game free, which is pretty great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom