• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who wants to online quest together... I tried going to gaf's designated lobby and I couldn't join anyone.

Just got full set Jaggi armor, I think I'm ready to go online..

OK guys I'm sitting on the fence here. Help me make this decision.

I'm trying to tell myself I already have a 3DS backlog and I don't really need a new game right now. I'm only in the 2nd Labyrinth in Etrian Odyssey IV and would like to beat that game.

Is MH one of those games you can pop in and out of for an hour at a time or whatever? Anyone else doubling up on EO and MH at the same time? Should I wait and beat EO first? EO is great, but maybe MH would help break it up a bit so I don't get dungeon fatigue?

Or just tell me to buy it. I'm just looking for justification.

When do you get this fishing quest to check your charm table? I'm just now starting quests with farming and I feel as though I should have done this fishing thing already.
After you are sent to kill some flat fish, I think.

Talk to the guild girl (behind the counter) and pick Guts: It's What's For Dinner.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

I'm trying to tell myself I already have a 3DS backlog and I don't really need a new game right now. I'm only in the 2nd Labyrinth in Etrian Odyssey IV and would like to beat that game.

Is MH one of those games you can pop in and out of for an hour at a time or whatever? Anyone else doubling up on EO and MH at the same time? Should I wait and beat EO first? EO is great, but maybe MH would help break it up a bit so I don't get dungeon fatigue?

Yes.

Buy it
:)

I bought Fire Emblem earlier this week at Target but you have to return the game for the B2G1 sale, and I've already opened it and they don't have any more copies. I may go to the next town over and see if they have Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem, and then return the unopened one here. My friend wants StarCraft II: HOTS and we would split the price among two games, so I could effectively get MH3U 3DS for $20.

I liked the demo and liked one of the demos on the PSP as well, but damn if I don't hate Nintendo's low stock games. I want to try this series for real, but there's money issues in the way!

Its so easy to lose so much time into playing the game. You'll get sucked if you aren't careful.
Each quest has a 50 minute time limit. Its not common to actually reach that point, but it can happen. So you decide yourself if it's a game that you can pop into for a bit and then leave.

So uh, I was absolutely sure I had set up the RNG to get me table 10, but when I just checked the shipping expedition results and put them into the verifier, it said Table 14.

Did I fuck things over by using a Fish Finder?

I used the fish finder and got table 10, confirmed first shot.

Now, anyone know the answer to my date/time question?

creid

I made no attempt to choose which charm table I got, but I really didn't want a rustshard-less one. Took me almost 2.5 hours to get to the point where I could send the fishing boats out, and from my first set of results I'm on either 1, 4, 9, or 13. Quite happy, and I'm pumped to begin my hunting career.

Edit: so this is me right now:
ZSmICmm.gif

Having a lot of fun with this (first Monter Hunter game) wish I knew what I was doing with items so far I just seem to be hoarding everything in my item box.

Anteo

You should totally buy this, it will be great to play between your EO sessions (asuming you get tired of it which can happen) just don't stop playing one altogether. Also remember that the 3ds version doesn't have online multi so if you don't have friends with 3ds and mh you will have to play the single player (which so far is really fun)

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Well, this is the game that made me get a Pro Controller. I had problems with NG3 RE as well, but a controller this big for an action game just doesn't work well for me. :/

Chorazin

Ok, so how the hell do I go do Harvest Shroom? I accept the quest, have a green thing above my character, but can't leave the village. WTF?

Emitan

I killed the Great Jaggi and now the quest isn't ending...

It's just playing the quest over theme and nothing is happening.

You should totally buy this, it will be great to play between your EO sessions (asuming you get tired of it which can happen) just don't stop playing one altogether. Also remember that the 3ds version doesn't have online multi so if you don't have friends with 3ds and mh you will have to play the single player (which so far is really fun)

OK! Thanks - I think that's what I needed to hear. EO can get to be a grind so might be good to have another game on the SD card to switch to.

Last question before I buy - is this totally legit to just play the entire game SP, never playing multiplayer? Or is multiplayer such a huge part of the experience and single player is kind of a waste?

I can almost guarantee I will never play local MP with someone else :(

Filth

OK! Thanks - I think that's what I needed to hear. EO can get to be a grind so might be good to have another game on the SD card to switch to.

Last question before I buy - is this totally legit to just play the entire game SP, never playing multiplayer? Or is multiplayer such a huge part of the experience and single player is kind of a waste?

if this game was a single player game we'd all still play it. multiplayer is just a little more fun :p

Filth

" Enjoy an engrossing hunting experience with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, whether playing on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, with a game that utilises the unique functionalities of both consoles. Explore the unique and stunning world with the Wii U console’s HD graphics or enjoy 3D visuals on Nintendo 3DS. Fans who own both consoles, as well as a copy of the game for each system, can use the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Data Transfer Program to transfer their progress from one console to the other and vice versa for a seamless experience between hunting on the go and in front of the TV. This application will be available from 22nd March as a free download on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

it looks like the thing is free till or it come out on the 22nd of March
Source(s):
banned url "

what the fuck.

L Thammy

I've tried out the clock trick and checked it using the fishery tables. I was able to get table 6 with no problems even though I have the Wii U version. Of course, I only tried it once, so it might have been dumb luck.

It's so weird having so little zenny. I kinda forgot that you need money to forge armour.

Doorman

Well, finally managed to check my charm table. Apparently I'm on...4? Not one of the cursed ones, I believe.

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! Back to hunting.

GulAtiCa

Just came in the mail! Looking forward to trying this game out. Well after I get some work done.. I prob should have finished this earlier. lol

Anteo

Yeah I really don't know about that one, first mh and all that. But if you really have the time, try to join a streetpass group of something, managed to find one on my city and I made some friends who I play local multi once a month (MK7 is a blast on 8 players local multi)

" Enjoy an engrossing hunting experience with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, whether playing on Wii U or Nintendo 3DS, with a game that utilises the unique functionalities of both consoles. Explore the unique and stunning world with the Wii U console’s HD graphics or enjoy 3D visuals on Nintendo 3DS. Fans who own both consoles, as well as a copy of the game for each system, can use the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Data Transfer Program to transfer their progress from one console to the other and vice versa for a seamless experience between hunting on the go and in front of the TV. This application will be available from 22nd March as a free download on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.

Source(s):
banned url "

what the fuck.

Sigh...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Source(s):
banned url "

what the fuck.

jim_carey.gif

Finally got my 3DS and Wii U connected with each other in the Marina.. Now when I start a quest with one player, the other doesn't come along, how do I get both players in the same quest? They sure as hell don't make it easy.

so what's the best way to buy this game? digital or retail (for load times, instant access, etc.)

Any chance there will be a deal on this game in the near future?
And if not, is it worth the $59.99+tax eshop price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom