• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ended up getting a Wii U(Zombi U bundle) and MH today. I'm not far at all, just doing these beginner one-star quests but I could use some help.

I need to collect guts but I can't seem to find any. What's the scoop? I've been running around the same areas killing everything but no stomachs. Do I need to be somewhere else?

Fewr

Installing takes so long, omg
A watched kettle never boils.

So I ended up getting a Wii U(Zombi U bundle) and MH today. I'm not far at all, just doing these beginner one-star quests but I could use some help.

I need to collect stomach but I can't seem to find any. What's the scoop? I've been running around the same areas killing everything but no stomachs. Do I need to be somewhere else?
Monster guts? I got some when I went to a lake and slew some swimming monsters. I think they looked a bit like Lapras.

Filth

I need to collect stomach but I can't seem to find any. What's the scoop? I've been running around the same areas killing everything but no stomachs. Do I need to be somewhere else?

stomachs? dont remember doing that quest. did you try killing the ludros in the water?

You get a stomach by allowing the bugs to walk over and eat the mushrooms. After eating, their rear-ends will get big. If their rear-end gets big and is a golden colour...if you kill that bug, you'll get a stomach.

Doorman

Well apparently I haven't lost my touch against the Great Jaggi. Took him down in the first attempt in four minutes, single-zone clear, no healing and only one or two of his attacks actually connected enough to even flinch me.

<3 Hunting Horn

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm more used to playing a Lancer, but I am intrigued by ranged weapons in this version. I hate what charm tables have done to me, but I'm deciding between T1, T4, T9, and T10. I don't min/max in many games, but I like to toy with it in MH games. Why they did this locked in thing is beyond me...

Teknoman

Yup always double check the quest info. On that note, gonna try to finish up some Moga stuff where i've got a decent set of armor and then jump online.

Fewr

Oh...for some reason I just figured they'd be from land animals. All right, underwater I go.
In what language are you playing? This situation about not knowing how to call things happens to me when I play games in Spanish. I can't even read the guides in gamefaqs because I have no idea about names of items, enemies, etc. (e.g. FFTactics Advance)

Teknoman

Do the Turtle Beach headsets or whatever headsets you can plug into the WiiU pad work for voice chat? I'd like to be able to not just have it open mic without a self mute function.

Would be great if the game split chat audio, and kept game audio coming from the TV while chat came through the headphone speakers.

Abandond

So I'm having this issue where I will kill a group of mobs and the corpses disappear before I can gather their resources. Any ideas? Should I gather their stuff in the middle of a fight?

Affirmative.

yup don't let stuff sit too long. some people frown when carving while a boss is in the area...but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

yep you can only have 2-3 dead mobs on the floor

Alright, understood. Shouldn't be too much of an issue.

d0c_zaius

So I'm having this issue where I will kill a group of mobs and the corpses disappear before I can gather their resources. Any ideas? Should I gather their stuff in the middle of a fight?

yup don't let stuff sit too long. some people frown when carving while a boss is in the area...but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

gotee12

Well apparently I haven't lost my touch against the Great Jaggi. Took him down in the first attempt in four minutes, single-zone clear, no healing and only one or two of his attacks actually connected enough to even flinch me.

<3 Hunting Horn
I'll have to give the hunting horn a shot. Tried it in MHFU and swore it off. Maybe I've matured enough in my hunting skills to appreciate it now.

Filth

yep you can only have 2-3 dead mobs on the floor

Filth

so i havent done anything with the charms, i played russian roulette. i just got my first charm drop i think and it has gluttony +8 would that tell me what table im on?

Finally got my 3DS and Wii U connected with each other in the Marina.. Now when I start a quest with one player, the other doesn't come along, how do I get both players in the same quest? They sure as hell don't make it easy.
Can someone please answer this for me? Second time I've quoted it now.

Filth

Can someone please answer this for me? Second time I've quoted it now.

i havent played in this method but if its anything like online what you do is one person gets the quest, the second person goes to the quest board and grabs your quest. second person has to ready up first. once he readys up you can start the quest and he'll be with you. this is assuming you are in the same lobby and you can see each other.

Mupod

is there a low rank azure rathalos quest anywhere? I can't find one listed in the guide or wiki. Event only maybe?

anyways after my hilariously underequipped fight against Lagiacrus (thank god I brought a max potion) I'm finally ready to start farming volvidon. I don't remember how he fights at all, in fact I forgot he existed until recently.

Anteo

Great Jaggi Down!! I think I'll try the quest again but this time w/o fainting. The Lance is fun, I wonder how are the other weapons, I really don't want to change as I upgraded this one (but I guess I can just equip it again)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's so awesome playing Monster Hunter in HD even if some of the environmental textures are meh. It makes the cooking mini game a lot easier.

Really? There's like a one second window for me lol, but I know I can change that with skills.

Teknoman

I posted a terrible Miiverse picture of the final showdown.

That's wicked.

Well done.

I need to add more hunters to my list for these alone lol. Miiverse drawings are always great stuff no matter what.

Damn. All you guys are playing local mode... :-(

Guess I'll do the same and upgrade. Quropeco kicked me and my buddy's asses.

Thats probably for the best. At least then you'll have a decent amount of supplies to mess around with.

I've only managed to make burnt and rare* steak. :(

Wait till its tasty and golden brown (bones have an almost brownish choco look) and then snatch it.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I've only managed to make burnt and rare* steak. :(

I dunno if this is something they've actually changed for this game, but it really does suddenly change color when its well-done. (Normally, I just wait a sec after the song stops)

Teknoman

I dunno if this is something they've actually changed for this game, but it really does suddenly change color when its well-done. (Normally, I just wait a sec after the song stops)

Its the same. Just a little after the song ends, well done steak.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Think I'll try sticking with Great Sword for a while... the Dual Sword feels good but I dunno, it just lacks dat impact.

BooJoh

I posted a terrible Miiverse picture of the final showdown.

So you can post screenshots in Miiverse? I haven't actually gotten past the main menu on Wii U (waiting on the transfer tool) but it didn't give me screenshot options and I saw others complaining that you couldn't post screens.

Think I'll try sticking with Great Sword for a while... the Dual Sword feels good but I dunno, it just lacks dat impact.

That's why I love switch axe. Fluidity + impact. Best of both worlds, and it has nice range too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom