• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once in a lifetime event occurred on the subway just now.

So I'm playing MH3U on my way back from work and I just capturing R.Lud. When this guy taps my shoulder and he's holding his 3DS sayng, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I just got that game. I'm creating my character right now."
So after he is done creating his character, we sit on the subway questing together for a little while. It was awesome. I hope it happens again, but I doubt it will.

Damn, does that ever sound amazing. It shouldn't have to happen again though, you should've exchanged info and just became hunting buddies.

Ridley327

And how much does a difference does this make? Is it minimal, or is it pretty noticeable?

I hated this kind of stuff in Pokemon. :|

As long as you don't hit one of the cursed tables (11, 12, 15, 16, 17), you're guaranteed to find something you can use in one of the other ones.

PrimeRib_

Judging by my fish/fleet results, and if I'm understanding those results.. There was an "o" in Table 1 for me.. The rest all had x's. So, I'm happy with that result. :)

Same.

The largest unanswered question for me, is will it hold my interest long enough to where these tables will matter? I like what I see so far, but I have an attention span the size of a flea, and a certain Bioshock comes out next week ...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm finding that on the 3DS version the game is much easier on melee players than it is ranged players in terms of camera control. I'm having a hard time adjusting the camera to exactly where I need it to be for the ranged weapons.

Is this just one of those "you get used to it" things or is it legitimately bad for ranged players? I'm leaning toward the latter at the moment.

Ridley327

At what point can you do the fishing and what not? I'm afraid to continue if I'm in a cursed table. ;_;

It unlocks after you complete the Ludroth Urgent quest to unlock 2-star quests. From the creation of a new character, this can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to accomplish.

depward

Fun night with my brother. We booted up our games, got through SP enough to just create our guys... and jumped online. Suffice to say, it took us damn near 40 mins to kill the *-star Peco, haha

Looks really dang good on Wii U. Hoping for transfer tool soon, as I plan on doing most SP / farm on 3DS and online on Wii U.

So I've been playing for a few hours on and off today. I got my character to look and sound how I like, been gathering lots of resources, been reacquainting myself with the flow of the game, etc. I send the fisherman out and I told myself that I wouldn't worry about the tables thing because by this point I've done enough where it would hurt to have to want to restart again.

Then the fisherman gets back, I write down the haul, press the Home button, and go to the browser. I had to know.
ibk8D9ijmLoqqR.png

Awwwwww yeah.

It unlocks after you complete the Ludroth Urgent quest to unlock 2-star quests. From the creation of a new character, this can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour to accomplish.
Or more. It can take many fishing trips to be sure of the specific table.

I'm 6-7 hours in the game and I still can't determine whether I'm table 7 or 10. ._.

Peru

I'm finding that on the 3DS version the game is much easier on melee players than it is ranged players in terms of camera control. I'm having a hard time adjusting the camera to exactly where I need it to be for the ranged weapons.

Is this just one of those "you get used to it" things or is it legitimately bad for ranged players? I'm leaning toward the latter at the moment.

Use the d-pad for aiming.

Gala

I ordered a CPP XL yesterday because of this.

So jealous of you guys. I loved Tri so much...I would love to play again. I just don't have a Wii U. :(

I hope that the next game is on PS4 or 720, just so we'll be able to have the biggest monsters possible.

Fun night with my brother. We booted up our games, got through SP enough to just create our guys... and jumped online. Suffice to say, it took us damn near 40 mins to kill the *-star Peco, haha

Looks really dang good on Wii U. Hoping for transfer tool soon, as I plan on doing most SP / farm on 3DS and online on Wii U.

I am that brother!

For a relative newbie, good GOD man, there is a bunch of stuff to learn.

Good time, though!

So jealous of you guys. I loved Tri so much...I would love to play again. I just don't have a Wii U. :(

I hope that the next game is on PS4 or 720, just so we'll be able to have the biggest monsters possible.
How would the PS4 allow the biggest monsters possible? It's not like a bigger monster is inherently significantly more resource intensive.

Abandond

I ordered a CPP XL yesterday because of this.

How much did it cost in total and from where?

Switchaxe is pretty cool, but I like the swords attacks a lot more than the axe attacks. I didnt realize that I actually had every type of weapon in my item box, going to try the rest out.

BooJoh

Apparently I'm in Table 8. I have no idea what this means for me, but it wasn't on the "cursed" list so I guess I'm good.

spent a good long time making a cute girl character
this is so different from the demo kind lost and that tiny font

may wait for off tv play to get here

I have some issues with the controls/UI here. Why do they make it so you can switch ZR and ZL to just do the same thing as L and R instead of flipping them? If you use type 2 so you can run with center the camera with with ZL and ZR when playing with the Pro controller, you lose your monster target switch! Epic fail indeed.

Also, why does the d-pad still just move the camera? Is anyone moving the camera with the d-pad? Are we playing PSP here? The d-pad would be better used for an item shortcut or to scroll through items. Which reminds me, putting the item bar on the touchscreen seems kind of stupid. You still have to scroll through it and holding the L button still brings it up. I don't see the point of that. Why can't I just put a shortcut to an item there? I think it would be much more useful to be able to put a potion or sonic bomb button or whatever there and use it with just one touch. I don't know, most of it seems poorly thought out. I can just press select to open my item pouch and do a combo, I don't need it on the touch screen. It's actually easier to reach for select than the touchscreen.

How would the PS4 allow the biggest monsters possible? It's not like a bigger monster is inherently significantly more resource intensive.
I don't think stronger hardware would hurt. But that's beside the point.

Dammit I want this, if only so I can use dual swords. SnS was my main last time around.

Nohar

I killed the Great Jaggi and now the quest isn't ending...

It's just playing the quest over theme and nothing is happening.

Wut. Apprently in the harvest field, I just happened to look at the clock and it looks like it was about to end. So I look at how much time exactly I have left by clicking my health/clock on the touch screen and I see this

Time Left: 71599:00

I got the second glitch, when doing the "Goldenfish Opportunity" quest. I was afraid to fail the quest because I couldn't fish those damned goldenfish, I looked at the chrono, and saw the same weird thing (not the exact same time, though, but still in the 71400). I actually was worried for a second when I completed the quest, because the music didn't play until the reward menu poped up.

Eteric Rice

Well, I just sent some fishermen off, but I haven't done the urgent quest. Are you sure it's only after Ludroth?

Stuff like this pisses me off to be honest. Why screw over some people's characters with the cursed rolls? It makes no sense.

I don't think stronger hardware would hurt. But that's beside the point.

I don't think it would effect much of anything. Hell, SoTC had huge monsters and that was PS2. I doubt being on PS4 or Xbox 720 would change much.

Pineconn

If anyone is starting out with a Switch Axe, go Bone -> Arzuros -> Qurupeco. The fire SA is pretty badass.

Wondering when I should create a new armor set. I unlocked Flooded Forest and I haven't seen too many skill combinations I like. Alloy is decent, but I'll just wait it out with my leather...

Fuck. I dislike my hunters voice. It does not sound like the one I chose at the start. Sadly I am three hours in and a 50/50 shot at table 13 or 10/ so I really don't want to start over.

I keep telling myself I will always be listening to podcasts while I play so it really won't make a difference, but inside my head, the distaste persists....

Fuck. I dislike my hunters voice. It does not sound like the one I chose at the start. Sadly I am three hours in and a 50/50 shot at table 13 or 10/ so I really don't want to start over.

I keep telling myself I will always be listening to podcasts while I play so it really won't make a difference, but inside my head, the distaste persists....

LOL! Yeah, it sounded like a little kid.

Teknoman

Just took down Great Jaggi for the first time, did it in about 5 minutes. It took me way longer my first time in Tri, so I suppose I've improved somehow (I put Tri down after the NA announcement for Ultimate).

Now to grind for the armor.

Yup beat the frills off G.Jaggi, Alteroth wasnt that bad either, although pretty intimidating. Definitely want his armor set though.

How can you tell what elements hurt what monsters the most?

As long as you have the volume up when the battle music hits :p

So the instruction booklet says that in order to transfer from 3DS to Wii U, you need to download a free app off the eShop. Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find it anywhere. Is it not out yet or am I not looking hard enough?

Going to be playing the series for the first time as soon as Monster Hunter turns up at my door :) - Ordered from ShopTo so it'll probably be here tomorrow rather than Friday. This is the first time I've seen the tables, is it similar to natures/IVs in Pokemon? Is it that important for someones first crack at the series? I want to know (just incase I get one of these cursed numbers lol)

Ken

Queen's Blaster vs Duramboros = bad idea. I'm just going to blademaster my way until online lol.

Whats the easiest way to make 2 days pass? I want to see where I am on the table, damn it. :<

Can a friend still play with me on my Wii U while he plays on his 3DS?

Just do the kelbi horn or mushroom quest twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom