• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I managed to go the Peco SA route just by luck. Having a fire weapon early on is certainly useful. Working up to the Ludoroth Hammer now.

Chuckpebble

Hey, quick question to Tri vets who are a little further along than me.

So, is there no hunter notes? Or memo pad, forget what its called, but you could track items you needed more of at the smithy, and you'd get a special jingle when you gathered such an item out in the field. I can't find that menu or any way to record materials.

Also, in turn because it worked the same way, I guess the monster notes collecting is gone too. It looks like instead you buy little info books on each monster from the shop lady by the docks in Moga Village.

Do either of these things show up later?

heading out to pick this up today for the Wii U. a bit chaffed i couldn't get it yesterday, but i just didn't have the time. I might also get the 3DS version too, but i'm leaning towards Lego City and grabbing the 3DS version down the road.

time to start adding you cats to my friends list :)

Eteric Rice

I'm awake again. I'm out of Fish Finders, so this will have to do.

First haul is...

pin tuna x 2
pin tuna x 2
pin tuna x 2
shining starfish x 2
humspun conch x 1

I do the table thing, but I still get all Xes. Can someone else give it a shot for me? :/ I would love you forever.

DaBoss

I'm awake again. I'm out of Fish Finders, so this will have to do.

First haul is...

pin tuna x 2
pin tuna x 2
pin tuna x 2
shining starfish x 2
humspun conch x 1

I do the table thing, but I still get all Xes. Can someone else give it a shot for me? :/ I would love you forever.

Are you entering each thing in each column?

Enter it in like this:
wjvTLZ8.png
And your result is this:
tGKKAlX.png

Table 1!

I'm having a hard time reaching X/Y with the thing, honestly i prefer playing this without it.
Thank you for telling me that. I was thinking about getting one for my wife, and didn't even think about this.

I don't think stronger hardware would hurt. But that's beside the point.

Dammit I want this, if only so I can use dual swords. SnS was my main last time around.
I disagree. Capcom is a cheap company. They chose the Wii/Wii U for a reason for these games. Budgets are a real thing.

Hey, quick question to Tri vets who are a little further along than me.

So, is there no hunter notes? Or memo pad, forget what its called, but you could track items you needed more of at the smithy, and you'd get a special jingle when you gathered such an item out in the field. I can't find that menu or any way to record materials.

Also, in turn because it worked the same way, I guess the monster notes collecting is gone too. It looks like instead you buy little info books on each monster from the shop lady by the docks in Moga Village.

Do either of these things show up later?
You don't want the game keeping track of items you need! dat desire sensor

Fistwell

Still no game here anywhere in bountiful but backwater as shit Switzerland. ;_;
Fuck all y'all, I'm gonna play me some Tri! Original game is best game! Can't beat the classics!
;_;

why isnt this Thursday night already AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
*dies*

Are you entering each thing in each column?

Table 1!
Should've gone for title quote and/or avy quote.

DaBoss

It worked that time. I don't know if I was just to tired to see the o, or I'm losing my mind.

Thanks a bunch! :)

Is table 1 any good?

Table 1 is an all purpose table. Has charms for everything, and is geared towards gunners a bit. So it is really good.

quality sponges can be turned into 1000 res, break royal ludroth's mane.

he's always worth farming because of dash extract.

Just going face it. Leather armor sure is saving me money and resources.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any tips from 3DS users underwater? I really enjoyed underwater combat in Tri, but I DID have much more control over my camera then.

Satch

Banned
i now know why i was having so much trouble with the "first quest"

...i had completely missed the tutorial >_>

i just went to the port instead of doing the moga forest quests >_>

Peru

Heh. Not getting the game until Saturday (Europe) but this idea of just going in 'stripped' with leather armor for an extended time is appealing to me. Balls to the wall, man to man, no defense, you and the beast. Until the more annoying guys show up, anyway.

Any tips from 3DS users underwater? I really enjoyed underwater combat in Tri, but I DID have much more control over my camera then.

Target cam all the time. More frantically used than on land. When you're targeted on the monster you will swim towards it.

Yeah, you should stick to the village quests solo for the foreseeable future. You'll get quests from all areas there as you unlock them.

Fewr

For people wanting to know how long you have to play to check the fishing haul, here is a guide that shows what to do. Ignore the power paddle thing because even though you have to do one less mission to get the haul, you also get less stuff and so you must repeat the process to narrow down the results.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65736656
Character making (1min)

Movie (Approximately 3min) (either don't skip it or you can't skip it)

Talk with the elder (0.5min) (ignore the other NPCs, it's okay to do so)

Go to the forest and get 1 raw meat, then go to the camp and give the meat to the son (3min)
(From room 1 go to room 2 and get 1 raw meat->go to base camp and give the meat->go to room 2-> then room 1->then return to village)

Talk to the son and then select the option to renovate the base camp (1min)
(You can get 5000 resource points as download content)
Note; The Wii U version doesn't have a 5000 resource point download content, so you have to go to the forest. One jaggi is 5 points. The hunting ship's request includes about 90 points.)

Do the smith's item delivery request- it's 1 iron ore (3min)
(The smith gives you a pick. Go from Moga Forest room 1->3->4 to mine, then->6->5->2->1->return to village)

Talk to the elder to get manbo (the wide blue angelfish looking thing) hunting request (5min)
(Room 1->3->7->8->11, kill manbo with the harpoon (2 strikes), ->climb the vines back to room 8->3->1->return to village)

Talk to the elder, then talk to the guild receptionest and take the quest (2~5min)
(Deliver 3 unique (I think it's unique) mushrooms. Base camp->to room 2. If you don't get the three mushrooms right away, gather some meat and honey while you wait for the gathering points to respawn) (It doesn't say, but I assume complete the quest by bringing the items to the red chest in the base camp.)

Clear the guts collecting mission to lift the ban on the hunting boat (5~10min)
(Deliver 3 monster guts. From base camp->take the secret path to->room 9->10->11 (Entering 11 triggers the lagia event.)->after going back to room 10, after about 1minute, lagiacrus will come to map 10. If you still don't have the 3 guts, you can get the rest in room 11->once you have the guts, go back to base camp to deliver them. You can also die to lagia to go to base camp easier.)

Talk to the fleet leader, then the sassy fishmongress to send the ship to "fishing - moga shore" (1min)
(Use the "power paddle" she gives you to make the voyage one day less)

Do the kelbi horn or mushroom quests to pass the day(s) for the ship. (2~5 min)

Using the result of the fishing voyage, go to this site http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch.cgi and enter your results to see what table you're on
(this second site seems to be the same deviled egg, but I'll post it anyway) http://www1.harenet.ne.jp/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/mina-to/tsearch.cgi
(If you don't get an accurate result, send the ship out to moga coast again and check the results again)

English fishing voyage table checker: http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/

Mupod

I almost made it to Volvidon without using anything else. Ended up buying a set of hunter armor for underwater Lagi, which in retrospect got me killed by a lightning spit because of -15 thunder res. I hate underwater Lagi. I wreck him on land though.

But yeah now I'm gonna fight some roly poly anteaters so I can get dat evade+1.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Target cam all the time. More frantically used than on land. When you're targeted on the monster you will swim towards it.

Cool, thanks. Dumb question, but how do I engage the target cam? I was doing the tutorial mission underwater and couldn't figure it out.

get a CPP ?

I asked a while back where to import a CPP XL from, but I didn't get any info. I'd love to get one, just not sure where from!

DaBoss

Holding B and then moving the circle pad down makes you dive or surface.

Haha, the quests there have the monsters' health increased by a twofold.

Heh. Not getting the game until Saturday (Europe) but this idea of just going in 'stripped' with leather armor for an extended time is appealing to me. Balls to the wall, man to man, no defense, you and the beast. Until the more annoying guys show up, anyway.

Yup, so glad they give you one of every weapon and a full leather armor set.

I almost made it to Volvidon without using anything else. Ended up buying a set of hunter armor for underwater Lagi, which in retrospect got me killed by a lightning spit because of -15 thunder res. I hate underwater Lagi. I wreck him on land though.

But yeah now I'm gonna fight some roly poly anteaters so I can get dat evade+1.

This sounds good.
Cool, thanks. Dumb question, but how do I engage the target cam? I was doing the tutorial mission underwater and couldn't figure it out.

When a large monster is in the area, tap the target cam icon. Once you do that, tapping L once will recenter your camera towards the monster.

beta_fuse

Hey guys, sorry if this was already answered but I've been checking online and I'm still confused. If my buddy buys the game for the 3ds and he comes over, can we play together locally if my copy is for the Wii U? Or is it really just 3ds to 3ds using a Wii U console? Thanks in advance!

NeoRausch

Hey guys, sorry if this was already answered but I've been checking online and I'm still confused. If my buddy buys the game for the 3ds and he comes over, can we play together locally if my copy is for the Wii U? Or is it really just 3ds to 3ds using a Wii U console? Thanks in advance!
one can play on Wiiu and your buddy can join in on his 3DS.

edit:
but no online play, though

Chuckpebble

You don't want the game keeping track of items you need! dat desire sensor

Yeah, I was told countless times during Tri to never tell the game what I want. But that item get jingle. I'll miss that.

Did the naked Bulfango quest this morning. I used to hate rhenopolos' but put them in an arena with these new to me guys, they're even worse. The quest gives materials for the baltzenger, the lance that looked like a gunlance from tri, which is curiosly still just a lance, and a gunlance, so looks like I'll be going at it again. I like that lance and the GL class in general.

Mupod

Looks like the giantbomb quick look is up. Can't watch it right now though, and probably won't have a chance to until tonight. Because lunch time is Volvidon time.

Really hope the transfer app is up by tonight, but it's looking like Yuri was just misinformed and it'll probably go up on thursday. Which sucks, but I didn't even get the Wii U version downloaded and updated until this morning.

Oh man this is just great. So yesterday I bought a defective copy from Target, and well today I went in hoping to exchange it... But guess what, they are out of stock, and the nearest store to have a copy is 3 hour away. FML!

Oh man this is just great. So yesterday I bought a defective copy from Target, and well today I went in hoping to exchange it... But guess what, they are out of stock, and the nearest store to have a copy is 3 hour away. FML!
That sucks. Have you considered getting a refund and just downloading the game? Or was this part of the B2G1F deal?

muu

Finally confirmed table 10. It only took 7 hours of fishing. I dont want to see any more charm tables

Geez, how many kelbi horns did you have to turn in!

Is there a set server/lobby we've decided to meet up at yet? Should be on OP if it's been decided. EDIT: oops, forgot to quote the thing. Hope to see you guys there after I slay my Day Job quest.

That sucks. Have you considered getting a refund and just downloading the game? Or was this part of the B2G1F deal?

Yeah it was the B2G1 deal. Seriously, how can a store order only 3 copies of the game... Another day ruined!!

Checked Target.com and it says they don't even sell it in stores... So my guess is that first shipment is also the final shipment of the game. SMH!!! Now I guess I'm going to have to bring in the 3 games and exchange Mohun for something else :(

Yeah it was the B2G1 deal. Seriously, how can a store order only 3 copies of the game... Another day ruined!!

Checked Target.com and it says they don't even sell it in stores... So my guess is that first shipment is also the final shipment of the game. SMH!!! Now I guess I'm going to have to bring in the 3 games and exchange Mohun for something else :(
Hmm.

Target.com said they wouldn't have the game in-store at release, but we both got copies. I think it's just poor management. I think it's time for you to raise some hell at the store. Speak to a store manager about the situation. Most stores have some kind of shared inventory system, and I bet they can pull you in a copy from somewhere around where you are or order another one.

Then, while it might not seem like a nice thing to do, you can do the switch-er-roo in the meantime. Buy the game from Gamestop while waiting on Target, and once Target's copy comes in, return it to Gamestop unopened. No harm done, and you get to play.

Edit: Protip: if the store manager isn't being cooperative, just utter the words "regional manager".

Hmm.

Target.com said they wouldn't have the game in-store at release, but we both got copies. I think it's just poor management. I think it's time for you to raise some hell at the store. Speak to a store manager about the situation. Most stores have some kind of shared inventory system, and I bet they can pull you in a copy from somewhere around where you are or order another one.

Then, while it might not seem like a nice thing to do, you can do the switch-er-roo in the meantime. Buy the game from Gamestop while waiting on Target, and once Target's copy comes in, return it to Gamestop unopened. No harm done, and you get to play.

Edit: Protip: if the store manager isn't being cooperative, just utter the words "regional manager".

Great tips. I'll give that a try.

So just wondering, does disabling 3D from the options menu have any impact on the performance? I've done so, but can't find any difference.

Does anyone know exactly how the transfer stuff works? I know I ask this without the transfer app being available. My son and I both have 3DS copies, so I'm wondering if it is possible to not bash over character slots during transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom