• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pineconn

Hm, the distance from the main online plaza to your item box (where you can change your armor/weapon) is longer than what it was in Tri. Other than that, I like Tanzia more than Loc Lac.

G-Fex

I preordered it last week on the name alone to pick it up tomorrow.

What the hell was I thinking? I never even played one of these games before.

Peru

I preordered it last week on the name alone to pick it up tomorrow.

What the hell was I thinking? I never even played one of these games before.

I decided to go for it back on the Wii because of the name alone, the images that name conjured. Best gaming decision.

Of course then before the game arrived I read and watched a lot and was prepared for its mechanics, which helped me quickly get into the actual game as well.

G-Fex

I decided to go for it back on the Wii because of the name alone, the images that name conjured. Best gaming decision.

Of course then before the game arrived I read and watched a lot and was prepared for its mechanics, which helped me quickly get into the actual game as well.

ah well shit. I'd do that but I got to sleep. Oh well will blindly pick up anyway.

chrono01

I did the Charm Table trick and it seems like I got Table 10 my first try.

On my four fishing expeditions I had T10 listed as "O", and on my third/fourth it was the only one viable [the rest were all "X"]. I'm so happy that I don't have to [seemingly] restart, although honestly, as long as I didn't get one of the Cursed ones, I probably wouldn't anyway.

Even still, I'm glad to see that my luck paid off.

Eteric Rice

I can't even get it to work.

This table thing has completely ruined my enjoyment of the game for now. It wouldn't be so bad if cursed tables weren't a thing, I could just move on. But knowing this could fuck up my end game has me so pissed off it's unreal.

This really fucks with my OCD.

This table thing has completely ruined my enjoyment of the game for now. It wouldn't be so bad if cursed tables weren't a thing, I could just move on. But knowing this could fuck up my end game has me so pissed off it's unreal.

Really glad I'm a noob then, that I don't even know what this means.

Kazerei

Banned

Post your fishing haul(s) and someone will do it

Izayoi

Banned
The times work 100% for charm tables, why aren't people using them?

I got 10 on my first try, you have two seconds of leniency to get it right.

If you think you fucked up on the timing, immediately do it again instead of playing for an hour just to check.

Mazzo

I've timed with a stopwatch for table 10, but got table 6.

Perhaps the console internal clock starts after the warning that appears after adjusting the time (I'm playing on the Wii U).

Will table 6 be good for gunlancing at endgame?

Lucid07

The times work 100% for charm tables, why aren't people using them?

I got 10 on my first try, you have two seconds of leniency to get it right.

If you think you fucked up on the timing, immediately do it again instead of playing for an hour just to check.

Can you answer this?

Quick question on the when to start the stop watch part. When you are in the system settings and you click the confirm button there are then 2 more prompts saying something something "are you sure", something something "changing your time could effect things".

So do you start the stop watch after you OK those extra prompts or do you still do it when you click the first confirm?

Izayoi

Banned
I've timed with a stopwatch for table 10, but got table 6.

Perhaps the console internal clock starts after the warning that appears after adjusting the time (I'm playing on the Wii U).
The clock starts ticking not at the first confirmation screen, but only as soon as you see the "Clock Settings Changed Successfully" screen or whatever. You can sit at the first confirmation screen as long as you like, it starts only when it states that the clock was actually changed.

Also, anyone trying for a certain table be sure to disable Wi-Fi. You should delete all wi-fi settings BEFORE you change the clock.

Can you answer this?
See above.

Pineconn

Oops. I didn't disable Wi-Fi, but I'm T10 master race.

In any case, instead of guessing when the Wii U/3DS starts the clock at 0 seconds, simply start the stopwatch at the next minute's passing. You can even view the time in the Home menu while the game is suspended. Worked like a "charm." (Pun totally intended.)

So, this will be my first MH. I've been playing the demo, and been liking SnS and hammer. Was planning on going for one of those. However, yesterday I tried the switch axe and I LOVE it! I even took out Plesioth with about 4 min left. Lagombi only takes about 5 min to kill.

Is the Switch Axe overpowered in the demo? Or is it just an awesome weapon?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can turn Wifi back on and exit the game once I've started a New Game with my potential table, right? Or do I need to get to fishing with Wifi off to set my table in?

FYI - those obsessing over tables...I spent a few hours looking them over last night. As long as you don't get a cursed table or T2, you're fine. Yes, T10 is the Blademaster table and T9 is the Gunner table, but not having one of those will likely not do much to you endgame. It may mean the difference in a few percent crit chance or a minor damage percent difference, but when you're farming the mega monsters, your skill greatly outweighs the difference between. And I am pretty sure the really important charms (handicraft, damage, expert, free element, etc) are available in some degree on all tables.

Ken

Still no transfer app. D:

What would happen if I stuck my 3DS SD card into the WiiU? I'm guessing there's no way MH3U Wii U would pick up the save on the card right.

Kuntz

Come on Amazon, I preordered 1 month ago, I'm supposed to receive it in two days and it's not even sent...

No game on Friday would be disappointing.

demon arm

Come on Amazon, I preordered 1 month ago, I'm supposed to receive it in two days and it's not even sent...

No game on Friday would be disappointing.

Same here, preordered a long time ago on German Amazon, and no change to my order status so far.

gotee12

My first haul only gave me 5 fish, so it said my tables could be 5 different things. Anyone else only get 5 items?
I buffed the fishing trip with a fish finder. Sent them to the Moga Coast and they returned with seven fish.

The tool confirmed table 5. And since I'm an SA user, I'm pretty happy!

JKTrix

Re: Charm Table timing
You can even view the time in the Home menu while the game is suspended. Worked like a "charm." (Pun totally intended.)
This. I haven't had the time to confirm mine yet, but you can use the home menu to gauge exactly what time it is. The colon in the clock will pulse every second, and the best time to tell how well your stopwatch is synced up is to watch exactly when the Home menu clock ticks over to a new minute. If you're off, you can adjust accordingly, just give yourself enough time to do so.

windfish

Cant watch it, but is that in Japanese?

yeah the whole book is in japanese, but features many useful pictures (monster hit zones, maps, every weapon, armor etc. ) also i really like the item compendium,
it's all about where to get the item, how high is the chance to get it and much more! while i still have a day to learn japanese before Ultimate takes over my life,
this bible will be used more like a complement to the english guidebook from brady.

tim1138

Gonna ask again because my last post got stuck at the bottom of the last page.

Can you make the dialog display on the GamePad on the Wii U? That text is crazy tiny, it's my only complaint about the game so far.

JKTrix

I don't think so--one of the few things I was able to do last night was play around with the panel customization, there didn't seem to be an option for game text.

sammy

I guess we're waiting until Thursday at noon for the transfer app. Wii U continues to collect dust for another day.

... tell me 'bout it... I'm tired of games these days launching incomplete.

I've started up a character in both games. Started one at home on the Wii-U, the transfer app never showed up so I farmed 5 hours as a new hunter with my cousin. the Wii-U/3DS local multiplayer is awesome though! :D
I'm just going to keep this extra character as a guest for teaching new people how to play this game.

I can't believe how smooth they got this game running on both WiiU and 3DS, about time MH got up into the 40-60fps range. I haven't seen anything choppy but the smooth framerate is very welcome for this type of game. Especially a 3d game, 3d at a low framerate is just not fun for anybody.

The text on the 3DS version can get kinda gross, but there's a few focused sweet spots that clear it all up.

DaBoss

I take back what I said about G. Baggi earlier, G. Wroggi is worse.

If anyone is starting out with a Switch Axe, go Bone -> Arzuros -> Qurupeco. The fire SA is pretty badass.

Wondering when I should create a new armor set. I unlocked Flooded Forest and I haven't seen too many skill combinations I like. Alloy is decent, but I'll just wait it out with my leather...

Well too late for me now lol.

Ridley327

I take back what I said about G. Baggi earlier, G. Wroggi is worse.

Well too late for me now lol.

I saw a video of Great Wroggi for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and he looks like he's hopped up on cocaine and speed with all the hip checks he can pull off in a short time span.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom