• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I think they readjusted the monster's health so it's not as crazy of a difficulty curve.

I don't think his health is any different. He has far, far more openings and doesn't charge as much. And when he does charge, his 'stopping' animation is so much slower it actually looks kind of awkward.

Still impossible to fight him with Rhenoplos around. Fuck Rhenoplos.

I really, really hope the transfer app goes up today. Sounds like Capcom has it ready but the problem is Nintendo cannot into modern digital distribution. I figure if it's not up in the next few minutes we're gonna be waiting until tomorrow.

I just opened up hunts and my inventory is already full of junk, should I be storing my items or selling them?

Almost everything has a use so stuff it all in the box. There's some items that specifically suggest to sell them for cash, so go ahead and do so.

If you, say, hunt 20 great jaggis and have no plans to make his equipment go ahead and sell the parts. Selling excess monster parts basically becomes your primary income later on, and weapons/armor are expensive to make early in the game.

sammy

I really cant believe it wasn't out with the game especially how the feature is heavily advertised, I've had many instances including right now where I would've loved to play on my 3DS. better be tomorrow!

goofed up launches are seeming more and more commonplace. I'm juggling two save files 'till they get the App up. I was really depending on that transfer-tool to play my character at my friend's place.

Mupod

It's incredibly fucked up that I bought a Wii U to play this online when I'm at home, and I can't actually do that until someone decides to let us download the transfer app. But I was expecting it to happen ever since I found out it was a seperate application and not built into the 3DS version.

It's incredibly fucked up that I bought a Wii U to play this online when I'm at home, and I can't actually do that until someone decides to let us download the transfer app. But I was expecting it to happen ever since I found out it was a seperate application and not built into the 3DS version.
This has to be one of the worst "first world problems" cases I've ever seen. So you can only play the game in single player on your 3DS for a couple days, and all of the progress you make will transfer to the Wii U within the next 24 hours? What is the big deal? You have the game! You're not in dragonflys545's position or something. "Incredibly fucked up" is such an overstatement.

So is this game cool to play without the 3DSXL Circle Pad Pro (I have a 3DS with a CPP as well but would prefer to play this on the XL)? Is the CPP basically a necessity or can you get along without it?

Mupod

This has to be one of the worst "first world problems" cases I've ever seen. So you can only play the game in single player on your 3DS for a couple days, and all of the progress you make will transfer to the Wii U within the next 24 hours? What is the big deal? You have the game! You're not in dragonflys545's position or something. "Incredibly fucked up" is such an overstatement.

I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 bucks to do something (which was advertised as a central feature from the get-go) and I can't do it. That's all I'm seeing right now.

If it's up on Thursday I can live with it, I'm worried that it won't be.

Hey guys.

Has ANYONE figured out how to get a 3DS player and a WiiU player playing at the same time together in the same room?

That is a feature right or am I losing my mind?

kidko

As long as the transfer app is here before I fly out of town on Sunday, I can deal. If it doesn't I will be very disappointed in you, Capcomtendo

Glad that to decided to check what table I'm on because I probably wouldn't have noticed how awesome and easy the Kelbi Horn quest is for the beginning of the game.

Take 2 Kelbi Horns with you and all you have to do is turn around and hit A to finish the quest. I always got 2 Horns in the Quest rewards, so you can do it over and over again without ever having to farm anything. Easy way to get some money and Honey early if you need it. 800 zenny and at least 3 Honey plus a bunch of other stuff everytime for a few seconds of work.

Protip: you can press + after you kill a boss to cut that camera animation, this gives you more time to carve, etc. Especially useful when you are fighting Jhen, aka run for your life or you won't carve shit.

I spent somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 bucks to do something (which was advertised as a central feature from the get-go) and I can't do it. That's all I'm seeing right now.

If it's up on Thursday I can live with it, I'm worried that it won't be.
When you hit your 400th hour of play six months from now, you won't even remember this grievance. :)

Protip: you can press + after you kill a boss to cut that camera animation, this gives you more time to carve, etc. Especially useful when you are fighting Jhen, aka run for your life or you won't carve shit.
I learned something new. I've always just learned to navigate my character during the camera shifts.

Yuripaw

Banned
I just added my name to the list of NNIDs on this thread. I'd like more friends in case I ever start playing online, but I honestly don't know who I should add. I really admit to not knowing anyone in this thread, and none of my friends own a Wii U.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Do you know the button on the 3DS version? I've tried pressing START, but it doesn't seem to do it.

By the way, the Brady guide is awesome.

Do you know the button on the 3DS version? I've tried pressing START, but it doesn't seem to do it.
Hmmm, try to touch the kick button on the touch-screen.

YQaQ7fL.jpg

(top right)

LtOrange

First time hunter here and I am looking for some help with farming. If someone could give me a quick overview of the system and what I should be focusing at the beginning that would be amazing.

First time using the WiiU and my first WiiU game, I am having fun drawing picture messages. Need to remember what a Feylne looks like.

This might be the first game I will try to use sword & shield in addition to gunlance and hammers. Bow is for plessy. Love to hate that guy.

Otnopolit

Mmm. Since Kebli appear to be KO'd by any hit now, where do we find Warm Pelts?

I've found warm pelts by skinning the stunned Kelbi outside the town in the Mogi forest.

I have a question about tables, they are driving me nuts! I've entered 4 different catches and I still can't pin down my table number. It's down to Tables 2, 3, or 7. I guess maybe a 5th catch would do it?

Can you give us some more details? What does it cover? Are there pretty pictures? :)
No pretty pictures, it's actually really ugly looking. You could always import the artwork book.

But it's useful because you can CTRL F and they have weapons, carves, skills, armors, items, melodies, masks and all sorts of things. I'm pretty sure Wikis are already putting it to good use, lol!

First time hunter here and I am looking for some help with farming. If someone could give me a quick overview of the system and what I should be focusing at the beginning that would be amazing.
- Check armor stats and see which armor skills you want, relative to your weapon type. Make sure the armor is compatible with your weapon of choice. Farm for the armor materials.
- Keep sending boats and go back to your farm. You get free 5000 resource points as DLC.
- Some monsters are easier to deal with using ranged weapons, so you may want a ranged weapon in your arsenal.
- You need cutting weapons to cut tails, so you should consider one too.
- Use your boat and farm.

I've found warm pelts by skinning the stunned Kelbi outside the town in the Mogi forest.
I have a question about tables, they are driving me nuts! I've entered 4 different catches and I still can't pin down my table number. It's down to Tables 2, 3, or 7. I guess maybe a 5th catch would do it?
None of those are cursed tables so I wouldn't worry so much. Pinning your table can take a while. Heck I pinned mine at the 7th hour.

Emitan

I haven't even bothered to figure out my table yet. I never even worried about charms before so meh. If I get a shitty table then so be it.

Kazerei

Banned
No pretty pictures, it's actually really ugly looking. You could always import the artwork book.

But it's useful because you can CTRL F and they have weapons, carves, skills, armors, items, melodies, masks and all sorts of things. I'm pretty sure Wikis are already putting it to good use, lol!

Thanks. Being able to find stuff with CTRL+F will be really handy. I hate sifting through the wiki.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

I've skinned two dozen without finding one, but I guess I'll keep plugging away.

Doorman

Time to take a little lunch break, after which I think I'm finally about ready to head online and get started on those early quests.

Incidentally, anybody know an easy way to find some adamant seeds? I'm trying to create a few more defense jewels but I'm totally out at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom