• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

So ummm, im trying the Charm tables, but according to the website, I got an X on every single table...is that even possible?

Right now I got:

2x Sleepyfish
1x Humpsun Conch
2x Sushifish
1x Shining Starfish
Enter them left-to-right, not up/down. I had the same issue when I first started using the table.

I'm going to spend the day trying the various weapons. I used the standard Sword/Shield yesterday, but I want to see if the Great Sword/Long Sword/etc. weapons serve me better.

This is my first Monster Hunter title [and I'm having a great time], so I have a lot of experimentation to do!

DaBoss

So how do your second screens look like?

Mine is like this:
0k9SFnE.png

Gonna change it soon.

EDIT: This is the 3DS version.

Raxious

Enter the fishing hauls like this:

Thx, I feel like a total noob ^^'

First MH game I'm actually taking the time for. I got Portable 2 on my Vita, but almost never played it. Really liking it so far.

EDIT:
and I'm also on Table 10 :D , second shipment confirmed it.

Doorman

So how do your second screens look like?

Mine is like this:
0k9SFnE.png

Gonna change it soon.

I would've loved having the item toolbar along the bottom of the screen like that, would make for some easier access...until I learned that putting that display on the gamepad also removes the icon of your currently-used item from the main screen. So basically if I ever wanted to just press Y to use an item I'd have to remember exactly what's equipped at the time, or look down at the 'pad. Not exactly convenient.

I'm playing the 3DS version.

Yes, I noticed afterwards but the question still stands for someone with a WiiU. I've never even had the tablet controller in my hands before since the only reason I'll get one is for this game. I was just wondering how you can afford to look away from your tv while fighting some of the tougher monsters.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Yeah, everyone who said I could easily pick this up in the Target sale were damn liars. I've yet to see one store with this, Lego City, and Need for Speed all for sale. So stupid. I would have bought six games this week, Target, if you could just keep 'em stocked!

Doorman

Can someone please tell me where I can get ammo/equip ammo/anything to do with ammo for Guns and Bows? I'm having serious trouble here.

Bowgun ammo you can make yourself by combining huskberries or bone husks with various other things (most notably fish). You can also buy it from the shop. For bows, you need coatings, which I think you could also just buy, or you can make those by combining empty phials with other ingredients you've gathered. Apparently you can also make phials for the bow by combining whetstones with bone husks.

Someone was asking about Gunlance ammo a bit earlier, and that functions a bit differently. You have an ammo clip there that you have to reload in order to continue shelling, but it doesn't use up consumable ammo or coatings like the bowgun or bow do. No extra items required.

TheGrue

I am a pretty stubborn dude in that I refuse to play this game until the transfer app. And all I did on the 3DS was create my character and talk to a couple of dudes. Why am I delaying playing the game on Wii U until I can bring that character I created over from the 3DS and not have to recreate it or lose out on what I might do on the WiiU? Really starting to question my personality type. Ah well, not like I don't have tons else to play in the meantime.

Wii Tank

So if I had to pick either the 3DS version or the WiiU version, what is the general consensus on which one is better? I feel like the lack of online play would bother me for the 3DS version, but I really enjoy portable games due to the ability to play them anywhere.

Is the multiplayer and better control scheme on the WiiU worth getting over the 3DS version?

Ken

I am a pretty stubborn dude in that I refuse to play this game until the transfer app. And all I did on the 3DS was create my character and talk to a couple of dudes. Why am I delaying playing the game on Wii U until I can bring that character I created over from the 3DS and not have to recreate it or lose out on what I might do on the WiiU? Really starting to question my personality type. Ah well, not like I don't have tons else to play in the meantime.

You should recreate on WiiU lol. I have 15 hours on my 3DS so I'm stuck waiting in the app.

Not sure how I feel about taking on Diablos with the starting armor.

Bowgun ammo you can make yourself by combining huskberries or bone husks with various other things (most notably fish). You can also buy it from the shop. For bows, you need coatings, which I think you could also just buy, or you can make those by combining empty phials with other ingredients you've gathered. Apparently you can also make phials for the bow by combining whetstones with bone husks.

Someone was asking about Gunlance ammo a bit earlier, and that functions a bit differently. You have an ammo clip there that you have to reload in order to continue shelling, but it doesn't use up consumable ammo or coatings like the bowgun or bow do. No extra items required.

How do I do this?

So if I had to pick either the 3DS version or the WiiU version, what is the general consensus on which one is better? I feel like the lack of online play would bother me for the 3DS version, but I really enjoy portable games due to the ability to play them anywhere.

Is the multiplayer and better control scheme on the WiiU worth getting over the 3DS version?
I think the primary consensus is the Wii U is the version to get especially in light of the GamePad is coming via an April patch. Unless you go out often enough that you'll play your 3DS that much.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
i really want to play online with somebody but im not sure if im quite ready to embarrass myself yet

I felt the same with when I first started playing Tri. What's ironic is that playing online will allow you to improve so much faster. I learned a lot those first few sessions.

The disc update won't take for some reason on my Wii U... I tried twice and it failed. So I elected to play without the update.

Is this update for the 3DS transfarring channel? How do I get that channel if not?

Doorman

How do I do this?

With the gunlance, you have three options for reloading, they're all just a matter of hitting A at the right time:

1. While blocking, hit A to fully reload
2. Just after performing a dodge-step, you can hit A to fully reload
3. Just after firing a shell, you can hit A to quick-reload, which only restores the one shell you just fired. Out of the quick-reload animation you can either shell again (essentially an endless combo) or press X to initiate the downward slam.

Basically for the gunlance, think of the controls like this: X is used for lancing functions, A is used for the gun portion (shelling and reloading), and R for blocking. That'll give you a basic grasp to start off with.

You should recreate on WiiU lol. I have 15 hours on my 3DS so I'm stuck waiting in the app.

Wait, so the transfarring app didn't go live yet? Can someone confirm, please?

If not, I'll just start MoHun on Wii U and continue playing Castlevania and Fire Emblem on 3DS...

NeoRausch

AW YISS, FUCKING PARCELS!

3DS version and CPP are one the way with Amazon Prime. WiiU is loaded loaded with 60 bucks.

SET AND READY!

Just stopped at Target this afternoon and took advantage of the B2G1.

I got Monster Hunter (my first MH game), along with Walking Dead and Mario Galaxy too which I missed out on when it came out.

Can't wait to go Monster Hunting!

Kouriozan

I should stop reading this thread while waiting my copy, so hyped right now.
And did you set what will be the "official" NeoGAF lobby for the PAL server?

I've been running around in the Sandy plains multiple times in the past hour and a half looking for carpenter bugs. I've only found one. GAH

I found Carpenter Bugs in Moga Woods section 4. If you enter from the south entrance, drop down and go to the right and there is a little crawl space you can crouch through. There is a bug spot there that has Carpenter Bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom