• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So how do your second screens look like?

Mine is like this:

Gonna change it soon.

EDIT: This is the 3DS version.

I'm using this.

ibbitkHWEofFfp.jpg

With the Hunter Search at the top, the Dpad shrunk a bit and pushed to the top right, it aligns nicely with the 3DS XL buttons and makes for easy access during combat. I don't have short fingers, but some people with smaller hands had been complaining about reaching the virtual Dpad. I hope showing them this helps.

Doorman

I've been running around in the Sandy plains multiple times in the past hour and a half looking for carpenter bugs. I've only found one. GAH

I found Carpenter Bugs in Moga Woods section 4. If you enter from the south entrance, drop down and go to the right and there is a little crawl space. There is a bug spot there that has Carpenter Bugs.

^ Yeah this. You'll have better luck finding Carpenterbugs in Moga Woods, just grab a bunch of bug nets and go freehunting a bit. They weren't present in Tri, so I've been a little annoyed at how often already my progress has been halted to go collect those bastards.

Golden fishbait .. how to make that again? need to keep the golden fish around in that first quest. I remember that giving me probs in the wii version haha only quest not complete in 1*

I found Carpenter Bugs in Moga Woods section 4. If you enter from the south entrance, drop down and go to the right and there is a little crawl space you can crouch through. There is a bug spot there that has Carpenter Bugs.

^ Yeah this. You'll have better luck finding Carpenterbugs in Moga Woods, just grab a bunch of bug nets and go freehunting a bit. They weren't present in Tri, so I've been a little annoyed at how often already my progress has been halted to go collect those bastards.

I'd heard that they were easier to find on the plains, thanks guys! In that chamber with the felynes and that shrine-thing?

A'ight, fuck it... I'm about to get started on the Wii U version and shelve the 3DS version for now. My evening is now dedicated to MoHun.

Anyone wanna hunt online later tonight (
once I get myself established and have some decent weapons/armor...
)?

Apenheul

Am I right that MH3:U's monsters seem to do more damage than in MH3:p but less than in MH:Tri? I've only played a bit of the single player campaign so far, up to four star quests, and I'm breezing through the game again.

Chuckpebble

This is my first time charting, very excited!

How do you access the 5000 DLC resources?

You have to use the DLC menu before you load the game, but I think you can also access it from the cat in your village room. It gives you resource points, which enable you to fish and farm etc in case that's what you're asking.

Doorman

Am I right that MH3:U's monsters seem to do more damage than in MH3:p but less than in MH:Tri? I've only played a bit of the single player campaign so far, up to four star quests, and I'm breezing through the game again.

I'm not so sure about the damage the monsters themselves are doing, some of that could just be attributed to your hunter starting off with the full set of leather armor rather than the nothing you had in Tri. I definitely think that the health of the first Great Jaggi you encounter was lowered, though, and Arzuros has practically nothing. Now that I've gotten into fighting the Qurupeco a few times it feels like things are starting to balance back out again.

Raide

I need a good beginners guide. Any good ones out there?

Social Dissonance and Teamwork Cast if you want the YouTube video type of guides. They cover all the weapons, plus have various full playthroughs and also nearly 100+ MH videocasts showing off online play.

Satch

Banned
i just went into a lobby with random people in it and we (and by we i mean they) beat up a niblesnarf (?)

im the only person without armor pieces that match and the sharpness for my weapon is so low that most of my attacks bounce off of its skin

fortunately i didnt cart

like... thats my claim to fame here

Satch

Banned
I'm the only one of my friends who's played single player so they all have bad armor and no potions~

how?? all i've been doing is playing single player and all my stuff is shit

i dont even have the option to make more than three different kinds of switch axes, and the one that i want to upgrade to, i cant get the parts for

Ken

i dont even have the option to make more than three different kinds of switch axes, and the one that i want to upgrade to, i cant get the parts for

I killed Diablos offline with the starting armor and Bullfango gunlance. I'm going to look pretty gross online lol.

kidko

i just went into a lobby with random people in it and we (and by we i mean they) beat up a niblesnarf (?)

im the only person without armor pieces that match and the sharpness for my weapon is so low that most of my attacks bounce off of its skin

fortunately i didnt cart

like... thats my claim to fame here

That is huge! As long as you don't cart, I imagine that most randos online will be cool.

Apenheul

I'm not so sure about the damage the monsters themselves are doing, some of that could just be attributed to your hunter starting off with the full set of leather armor rather than the nothing you had in Tri. I definitely think that the health of the first Great Jaggi you encounter was lowered, though, and Arzuros has practically nothing. Now that I've gotten into fighting the Qurupeco a few times it feels like things are starting to balance back out again.

Indeed, Qurupeco was the first monster which was decently challenging again. G Rank should be a notch above MH:Tri's High Rank difficulty level I think, so plenty for me to look forward to.

Ryuuga

Banned
Waiting on the transfer tool. I started on Wii U sometime last night and created a character on the 3DS earlier this afternoon. I prefer the 3DS version by far, primarily due to the framerate and mobility is an added bonus. So far Im not even seeing the true benefit of playing this on Wii U beyond legible UI and font in HD.

Emitan

I'm wearing Jaggi Armor so its not like my armor is great, but I've been gathering and farming so I have a lot of spare potions.

3 failed trapping attempts. I'm either running out of tranks or kill the old bear. Still having a blast. I just wish the wet stone vendor sold traps as well.

Raide

3 failed trapping attempts. I'm either running out of tranks or kill the old bear. Still having a blast. I just wish the wet stone vendor sold traps as well.

Key things are making sure that it is ready to capture (Limping away), else you waste tranquilizers and hitting in the face if possible. Once you get use to it, it becomes easy but those are the things I had to find out to make it work. There are other tricks but the above things are the basic things to do to get it working.

DaBoss

But there is still some work to do.
And I'm helping you if you reply to me :p

Anyway, I really really hope I'll get it tomorrow.

I don't need help. :p

Thanks for the offer. :p

The shop lady sells you Trap Tools. Combining Trap Tools with a Thunderbug or a Net will give you a trap. You need to get a Thunderbug by catching it at bug-catching spots. A Net you can get by combining Ivy and a Spider Web.

Gonna be streaming and I'll be giving away a code for the Brady guide at a random time:

http://www.twitch.tv/earvcunanan

That's nice of you to do. Will watch.

Effect

So in what direction did people go in for their character names? Real name? Forum name? Etc?

I can never decide if I should use my real name or not. My name is unique enough but always wary if I should use it to be honest. Especially if I'm going online.

Edit: Chances are I'm going to dip into the name pool I use for mmorpgs.

Orayn

Sounds about right. /v/ said that monsters in MHP3rd did insultingly little damage, but they definitely seem weaker than Tri to me.

Satch

Banned
I'm wearing Jaggi Armor so its not like my armor is great, but I've been gathering and farming so I have a lot of spare potions.

whenever i go to make jaggi armor, it says that my hunting type (or something) cant wear it so i never bother with it

what type are you?

Peru

I need a good beginners guide. Any good ones out there?

For purchase this explains the basics of the series and 3rd gen, not specifically walking through this game http://weloveculty.com/collections/monster-hunter-beginners-guide

whenever i go to make jaggi armor, it says that my hunting type (or something) cant wear it so i never bother with it

what type are you?

Sure you're not looking at the wrong Jaggi armor? There's one set for gunners and one for blademasters (melee weapons).

Mupod

So in what direction did people go in for their character names? Real name? Forum name?

I can never decide if I should use my real name or not. My name is unique enough but always wary if I should use it to be honest. Especially if I'm going online.

Forum name. I usually use Mu in games where I can, but I saw a dude here named Muu and I don't wanna cause confusion. Plus it'll just be easier to tell it's me.

DaBoss

what type are you?

There are 2 types of armor. Blademaster (melee) armor and Gunner (long-ranged) armor. Gunner armor can only be used by hunters who have a long-ranged weapon equipped and vice versa. A helmet can however be worn be either, but it would be good to have the normal helmet so you can get all of the skills in the set.

So in what direction did people go in for their character names? Real name? Forum name?

Forum name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom