• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
What control scheme are people using? I'm planning on using the GamePad but I have a Pro Controller as well. I figure the map on the GamePad will help? Is Inventory on the screen too? I haven't looked much into the game's GamePad features. I'm waiting for the update to install.

BooJoh

What's a good starter armour to work for? I've got a set of the chain mail stuff right now, should I start making alloy? Or jaggi? Or Arzuros?

What's best for a switch axe user?

Armor sets are as personal as weapon choice for the most part. Check the skills list on each piece you might want to make/buy and see what skills it adds to, and decide which skills you'd prefer to stack. Jaggi will give you some attack boost, but if you're taking a lot of hits and getting KO'd a lot you might want to boost your defenses more. Also make note of the negative skills/resistances that come on some sets.

Kyoufu

Is there a way to whisper to people via keyboard? Is it a different button than tab? Why did Tri's online work so much better than this? Why do I have to stick my face right into the gamepad to voice chat?

Tri had online mode from the ground up. This is shoe-horned into an originally offline only game.

So...table 8.

(whatever that means)

The crazy little website had only one circle under table 8 after one delivery from the ship but I guess I gave it enough data because I filled out 8 slots from using the fish finder.

Now onto the real game.

I'm blown away by how far some of you guys have already gotten in the game. I tend to get grindy though with machalite, carpenter bugs and monster fluid.

P2ocrPy.jpg

We're missing one Chopper Dave in our party!

Ken

One more Flame Sac for Los DB and then I can farm Barioths. :D

Also excited about the relay tool; makes the wait for the data transfer a little better if they come out on Friday.

Ken said:
Jaggid Fire can load poison and you can buy one right from the store. I remember I used that for Tri bug hunting. Its normals should be weak enough to damage but not kill bugs too.

Thanks again for the help, man. The poison smoke bomb route is also working nicely -- well on my way to an Azuros armor set. Gonna invest in that & a pair of Jaggid Shotels & focus on upgrading them. Maybe then I'll be a little more...useful for online play.

emitan said:
Cannot for the life of me remember where I found that toadstool and I need more for poison bombs.

As was said, Area 8 of the Flooded Forest, up on the ledge. I usually hit paydirt there -- just nabbed five or six in one go.

Armor sets are as personal as weapon choice for the most part. Check the skills list on each piece you might want to make/buy and see what skills it adds to, and decide which skills you'd prefer to stack. Jaggi will give you some attack boost, but if you're taking a lot of hits and getting KO'd a lot you might want to boost your defenses more. Also make note of the negative skills/resistances that come on some sets.

Ok cool thanks. I will delve deeper!

Abandond

Ok what is this drop rate on monster guts? I have killed like 50 monsters and I haven't seen a single one drop.

Do they take up an inventory slot? Because I have no slots left so maybe that could it.

DaBoss

Ok what is this drop rate on monster guts? I have killed like 50 monsters and I haven't seen a single one drop.

Do they take up an inventory slot? Because I have no slots left so maybe that could it.

Are you sure you're killing the right monster? :p

They only drop from certain monsters. I think the water herbivores drop them? =< I forget. (you need to carve them, too!)

Cowie

You need to be killing and looting the things with long necks underwater in order to get monster guts. It will take up an inventory slot, so you'll need to drop something in order to pick it up.

Infinite

As he should. He's a mother-fuckin' Rathalos.

Moga woods. I usually get atleast one on a full run using 5 to 10 nets.

That's ridiculous. You need it for so many things too *sigh*

I should cop the Wiiu version as well so I can play with you guys. Teach ya'll how to fight a Rathalos n shit.

I should cop the Wiiu version as well so I can play with you guys. Teach ya'll how to fight a Rathalos n shit.

I'm sure there are easier ways to acquire them in later zones but if you absolutely need them and are willing to grind...you can grind them in Moga Woods.

Beats

The best spot to get them is in Area 4 in Moga Woods in that little area that you can crawl in. There's one bug next to the post in the middle. I got about two most of the time every run.

dubq

How do you join people in this? All i see is to "summon" companions in the tavern but nothing where I can specifically join friends, etc.

Ridley327

How do you join people in this? All i see is to "summon" companions in the tavern but nothing where I can specifically join friends, etc.

That's a function in the lobby; go to your friends list, sort it by the people who are actually playing the game, and join them if you are able.

Finally home, why does only the 3DS version have a club nintendo code? Was hoping both would, if nothing else I'm kind of confused by only one version having that bonus.

Boogiepop

Got up through getting Chacha. Capturing the bear monster was a bit of a pain, forgot how annoying captures could be. First time I failed due to underestimating how long the traps took to set up (tried to get it while it was limping away) and then accidentally killed it. Next time the tranq bombs just didn't work (even though I trapped it after it had gone to sleep). And then I FINALLY got it on the third time. Didn't help that the stupid Jaggis decided to be dicks and wake it up.

Oh yeah, and what exactly is the deal with the powered up mode for dual swords? I see it gives me longer (and presumably more powerful) attacks in exchange for constantly decreasing stamina, but I haven't quite figured out what the secondary bar that fills up for attacking in that mode does. This also seems to give you some kind of neat backstep thing instead of a roll though, which is neat.

rockx4

What's the Monster List for in the Hunter's Notes. I'm assuming it would contain information on monsters killed with their loot, but it remains empty.

dubq

Damn, I'm trying to get into Miiverse and my Friends list from in the game but the Wii U keeps saying it cant because I have a 3DS connected... i dont even own a 3DS! Is this because of the pro controller?

Pineconn

It feels like I'm learning the game all over again without the Wiimote/Nunchuck.

Ditto. Then again, I used the demo to acclimate myself to normal controls, so I was already competent upon playing the full game. And by competent, I mean I still used potions and crap when I didn't mean to, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom