• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought this game and I'm wondering how I'm ever supposed to stop playing. No wonder this thing ate Japan.

What? No. What? Why would you?

I mean, aside from opening up the motherboard and figuring out how to graft an ethernet port onto it? Then rewriting the firmware to support it?

wasn't there an annoucement that said that a 3ds user can join a wii U player online..
My friend has a 3ds and no wii U... I want him to come online with me..

Already have the ethernet cord and the LAN adapter

bsej87

Finally got the game downloaded and going through the tutorial stuff. Any other MonHun noobs wanna embarrass themselves this weekend after I feel comfortable enough to play online?

remist

wasn't there an annoucement that said that a 3ds user can join a wii U player online..
My friend has a 3ds and no wii U... I want him to come online with me..

Already have the ethernet cord and the LAN adapter

You can play local but I don't think you can get online together. The app that lets the 3ds get online has to be running on the wii-u so you can't play MH on the wii and use it as an access point for the 3ds at the same time.

Abandond

Does it matter which region I send the boots to for the charm test?

One is for fishing, the other is for treasure. You don't want the treasure.
You probably shouldn't give them Fish Finders, either. Paddles will speed things up.

Thanks, they've been sent.

Actually, Fish Finders would narrow it down even further since it gives your more items in a haul.

I only had a paddle anyways.

DaBoss

One is for fishing, the other is for treasure. You don't want the treasure.
You probably shouldn't give them Fish Finders, either. Paddles will speed things up.

Actually, Fish Finders would narrow it down even further since it gives your more items in a haul. So you can technically find out what table you're in with only one fishing haul.

kpjolee

Several years of playing almost exclusively RPGs made me realize how horrible I have become at these kind of games. OMG I suck, lol.
I can't bring myself to play online for a while until I get comfortable with controls...

Jawmuncher

So how do I get the armory to stock up more arnor or to get more choices in armor I can craft?

I completed all 1 star and have done some of the 2 star. It just seems like I'm missing something when I'm playing since my character items haven't progressed since I'm not seeing really anything worth progressing to.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So how do I get the armory to stock up more arnor or to get more choices in armor I can craft?

I completed all 1 star and have done some of the 2 star. It just seems like I'm missing something when I'm playing since my character items haven't progressed since I'm not seeing really anything worth progressing to.

The more monsters you kill and drops you obtain, the more upgrades that will show up for crafting / upgrading / buying. ie; When you kill the Rhinos in the desert and carve them for items, you'll end up seeing their armour set at the forge next time. Or when you kill a Great Jaggi and get one of his drops, you'll find you have a Great Jaggi line of upgrades opened for some of your weapons, etc.

Satch

Banned

i was having this exact same problem

then i went online and played with other people, then noticed that newer items were opening up

i guess you have to meet the monster first before you can unlock their weapons and armor for crafting

edit: or what evilmario said

remist

More possible armors will show up as you get Items from the different boss monsters. Each monster will have a set.

Jawmuncher

More possible armors will show up as you get Items from the different boss monsters. Each monster will have a set.

i was having this exact same problem

then i went online and played with other people, then noticed that newer items were opening up

i guess you have to meet the monster first before you can unlock their weapons and armor for crafting

edit: or what evilmario said

The more monsters you kill and drops you obtain, the more upgrades that will show up for crafting / upgrading / buying. ie; When you kill the Rhinos in the desert and carve them for items, you'll end up seeing their armour set at the forge next time. Or when you kill a Great Jaggi and get one of his drops, you'll find you have a Great Jaggi line of upgrades opened for some of your weapons, etc.

Ahhh ok just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks for the help.

DaBoss

If I'm already several hours in can I still check what my charm table is?

You can as soon as you're able to send out boats to fish. You then input the haul results into the site's table and then you will find out what possible charm table you have.

L Thammy

Actually, Fish Finders would narrow it down even further since it gives your more items in a haul. So you can technically find out what table you're in with only one fishing haul.
Oh, I guess that's true. I had thought that it might mess with the RNG.
If I'm already several hours in can I still check what my charm table is?
I don't see why that would be a problem.

Slightly tangential comment: I tried a picture of Dick Cheney on the Miiverse community. I'm kind of disappointed that it hasn't been removed.

JKTrix

I wasn't going to get the 3DS version because of no online and Wii U getting off-screen patched in, but after my first meaty session tonight I think I'll be buying it as soon as the transfer app is available. I don't want to put it down!

Teknoman

So do I have to do all the 1 star missions before getting to HR 2?

Nope, just a certain amount. You'll get an Urgent Quest and that'll promote you once you pass that.

In other news, I think i'm either T7 or T9...either dont see too bad (aside from 9 because I stay away from gunner stuff).

kinggroin

Banned
Had a blast today with my friends, voice chat works really well!

And once you hit HR2 you can fight some really nice monsters!

You mean the DLC quest? Go to Tanzia and talk to the guild girl, then select event quest (I think).

Do I have to DL the DLC from the main menu first?

dubq

I wasn't going to get the 3DS version because of no online and Wii U getting off-screen patched in, but after my first meaty session tonight I think I'll be buying it as soon as the transfer app is available. I don't want to put it down!
Srsly dude.. I may end up buying a 3DS solely to be able to play this game when I am not home..:)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

You know how several reviews of this game mentioned how it "will be a game you'll never finish"?

That won't be for lack of trying.

Emitan

screenshot2013-03-20atfjit.png

So this is good, right?

Codeblue

So I finally decided to update my game and it looks like the install has totally stalled out. I have a fifth of the bar filled out and my "Time Remaining" has been steadily going up.

Has anyone dealt with this?

Emitan

Table 1: This is considered a very general table. If you really don't know what to get, as you plan to try everything. This is probably you're choice, the best charms are a good mix of ranged and melee skills.

Table 10: Known for being THE table if you plan to focus on melee. Has many charms with skillsets good for melee. And the charms most believe best for melee are here.

Well that worked out great o:

Orayn

Is it worth it to make the Jaggi armor set? I'm getting into the 3* quests and I really feel like I need better armor.

Yeah, Jaggi armor is solid. Looks great, good abilities that include a small attack boost, and better defense than basic gear.

Kazerei

Banned
Yeah, Jaggi armor is solid. Looks great, good abilities that include a small attack boost, and better defense than basic gear.

Cool cool. Qurupeco is so annoying, so I don't feel like farming it.

I would say it depends on your skill level. Many people have posted here that they didn't change their armor till they faced Lagiacrus. If you feel your armor is inadequate, then you should change it.

The Jaggi set does seem pretty good.

I'm doing alright, but I'm worried about Barroth :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom