• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Is it worth it to make the Jaggi armor set? I'm getting into the 3* quests and I really feel like I need better armor.

I would say it depends on your skill level. Many people have posted here that they didn't change their armor till they faced Lagiacrus. If you feel your armor is inadequate, then you should change it.

The Jaggi set does seem pretty good.

Trapped me a bear! 3 star missions unlocked. I'm thinking that 9 hours of Monster Hunter over the last two days is a good point to take a breather.

dubq

Where do we get furnishings from? Can I buy them outright or do I have to trade commodoties with the Argosy dude?

I got almost the exact same result
hRJtAXW.png

Why run it twice when you confirmed T10 first run? :p

RAGE AND SUCCESS.

This is what I feel. I just spent the last...hour and a half, or close to it, fighting Qurupeco. Fuck that stupid bird. That asshole is so annoying, urgh. I did take it down, but wow, I didn't realize what a tough time I was going to have going in. So much of it is armored that it's really tough to get in hits since I'm using a hammer right now. When it starts getting more aggressive it's so hard for me to line up a couple hits. And, as if it weren't difficult enough on its own, a Great Jaggi kept showing up.

My first time I took the quest I ran down the timer to eight minutes, hadn't killed either one, had no items left(I had fainted twice) and just restarted out of frustration knowing I wasn't going to get it(I was out of paintballs as well).

There was a big difficulty spike going from Great Jaggi to Qurupeco. Right? That's not just me(first timer)?

I'm so afraid of whatever I have to fight next.

Fewr

Guys, I don't know what I'm doing. Can someone translate this charm table for me?

Popfish x 5
Shining starfish x 1
Sleepyfish x 2
whetfish x 4
shining starfish x 1

Thanks. I would greatly appreciate any help.
You need another haul, I got this:
EDIT; just go to this site: http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/index2.html
If it doesn't work, click the link that takes you to the less crowded version of it (or whatever it is they mean). You fill the haul in order from left to right, if you have a second haul you use the second row, etc; you then click send, and get the results.
yZPXK0v.png

2rAWqC9.png

My first time I took the quest I ran down the timer to eight minutes, hadn't killed either one, had no items left(I had fainted twice) and just restarted out of frustration knowing I wasn't going to get it(I was out of paintballs as well).

There was a big difficulty spike going from Great Jaggi to Qurupeco. Right? That's not just me(first timer)?

If you're playing with the village quests, the 3 star rank is the point where the game takes off the training wheels.

I managed to beat Lagombi by myself, am I ready for Lagiacrus?

NO

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, decided to try Bows out while fishing for my table...I am no good with them. They're really awkward to use to me. Any videos worth watching to see a pro rock the bow?

Fewr

Thanks, fewr. The programs just aren't running for me in English and I don't know Japanese translation.

I sent a second ship out so I'll get second haul and PM you if that's ok? Thanks much. xo
I'm sorry, I'm about ot go to bed lol.
There are two sites in English, if one doesn't work try the other (I recommend going straight to site 2). Anyway, I'm sure another gaffer will be happy to help you out.

site 1:http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/index.html
site 2: http://mhvuze.de/3ucharm/fishEN/index2.html

Peru

RAGE AND SUCCESS.

This is what I feel. I just spent the last...hour and a half, or close to it, fighting Qurupeco. Fuck that stupid bird. That asshole is so annoying, urgh. I did take it down, but wow, I didn't realize what a tough time I was going to have going in. So much of it is armored that it's really tough to get in hits since I'm using a hammer right now. When it starts getting more aggressive it's so hard for me to line up a couple hits. And, as if it weren't difficult enough on its own, a Great Jaggi kept showing up.

If you only fought Great Jaggi before it's a new kind of challenge for sure as he moves quicker when he attacks. When he does the flint attacks you should learn his pattern, it's pretty easy to read and you should dodge to the side of him so he can't flint you. When he stops to howl attack his face if you can.

Anyway I love fighting the dude, I mained GS in Tri and smashing his beak in with an overhead charge is too satisfying. Here are his damage charts.

700px-DMG-Qurupeco.png

If you're playing with the village quests, the 3 star rank is the point where the game takes off the training wheels.

Yeah, it was for the three-star quests.

Should I be training with multiple weapons? In the Qurupeco fight, would a bowgun deal damage regardless of where it hit, or do you still have the same targeting limitations since it's partially armored?

How do I add my NNID to the list in the OP? I'd like to do some quests online with some of you guys, though I should probably play more offline before I totally embarrass myself.

If you only fought Great Jaggi before it's a new kind of challenge for sure as he moves quicker when he attacks. When he does the flint attacks you should learn his pattern, it's pretty easy to read and you should dodge to the side of him so he can't flint you. When he stops to howl attack his face if you can.

Anyway I love fighting the dude, I mained GS in Tri and smashing his beak in with an overhead charge is too satisfying. Here are his damage charts.

Oh, whoa. Thanks for sharing. It did feel pretty great once his beak was smashed and he started falling down and scrambling. I got wrecked by the flint attack the first time, but my second time I avoided almost every time, except when I'd be finishing up a chain and he'd start.

Edit: Apologies for the double post.

BooJoh

RAGE AND SUCCESS.

Be happy he called a Great Jaggi and not a Rathian. ;)

Well...I just got the game and i'm pretty shocked at how much i'm not enjoying it. I was pretty hyped up about it after loving the demo. It's my first MH since messing around with Freedom when that came out.

After going some gather quests I fought the bird guy, Qurupeco? He summons a dragon and I wipe, my next two tries I die after about 30 minutes because i'm bouncing off of him so much. Seems really early for that stuff to be happening on the first hunting quest of game, but ah well.

Well, okay, i'll just try another quest

I go to Lagombi because I played the demo a bunch and know how to fight him. For some reason I would get him staggering and drooling and then he'd magically....stop staggering a drooling? I didn't die and he went to rest or something....he just stopped while I was in the middle of fighting him. Eventually I died from shear attrition on his part, I ran out of potions.

I dunno guys. Those both took up a lot of time so I turned the system off as soon as I lost the second quest. I'll try again tomorrow but my first impressions aren't great. I love difficulty in games but I just came off of these two fights thinking "...huh?"

TheExodu5

Banned
RAGE AND SUCCESS.

With the hammer, learn to use the R attacks. The second charge level does a quick upswing which is great for quick hits to the head. The third level charge where you spin around nonstop is terrible, but if you let go of the analog stick right before doing it, you'll do a super pound instead of a spin, which is a really good attack.

Well...I just got the game and i'm pretty shocked at how much i'm not enjoying it. I was pretty hyped up about it after loving the demo. It's my first MH since messing around with Freedom when that came out.

After going some gather quests I fought the bird guy, Qurupeco? He summons a dragon and I wipe, my next two tries I die after about 30 minutes because i'm bouncing off of him so much. Seems really early for that stuff to be happening on the first hunting quest of game, but ah well.

Well, okay, i'll just try another quest

I go to Lagombi because I played the demo a bunch and know how to fight him. For some reason I would get him staggering and drooling and then he'd magically....stop staggering a drooling? I didn't die and he went to rest or something....he just stopped while I was in the middle of fighting him. Eventually I died from shear attrition on his part, I ran out of potions.

I dunno guys. Those both took up a lot of time so I turned the system off as soon as I lost the second quest. I'll try again tomorrow but my first impressions aren't great. I love difficulty in games but I just came off of these two fights thinking "...huh?"

Go back to Mogi Village. You're doing the multiplayer quests. The difficulty curve is far less steep in singleplayer.

Go back to Mogi Village. You're doing the multiplayer quests. The difficulty curve is far less steep in singleplayer.

Hahaha. I knew something felt wrong. I knew this game wasn't easy but this all seemed way too brutal. I'll go start doing the actually correct quests tomorrow, thanks!

Fewr

Hahaha. I knew something felt wrong. I knew this game wasn't easy but this all seemed way too brutal. I'll go start doing the actually correct quests tomorrow, thanks!
I got the dragon thing too. At first I saw it attacking the bird and though it was cool to have a strange ally by my side, but then the thing backstabbed me and by the time I noticed it was too late.

One small tip that I got from when I screwed up a capture:

If you trap the monster too early during a capture and throwing two traquilizer bombs doesn't do anything, then try to wail on the monster. If the monster hits a certain HP limit while it's still trapped, it'll automatically fall asleep. This is also a good way to get out a situation where you don't know if a monster is ready for capture or not, and the monster is not leaving the current area.

PrimeRib_

Played Wii U version up to G Jaggi, was hoping to transfer save over to 3DS for some serious bed play action.

No MH transfer app = sad trombone

I started a new toon on the 3DS anyway and there is something about playing on the 3DS that makes it more ... intimate. For a semi-RPG, this feels pretty awesome. Makes me wonder if I'd appreciate the bigger screen size of the 3DS XL over the 3DS I'm on now. Eyeballing that $149.99 deal at Target on Sunday.

What say you, GAFfers: 3DS XL worth the cost of upgrade from the original, or no?

My local Target had two copies of the Wii U version left. I picked it up along with their last basic SKU. Somehow they had two deluxe SKUs still on the shelf - I thought those were in higher demand?

Hope I join you guys online soon.

Abandond

Got the exact same haul as SomewhatGroovy so I am T10, cool. Going to try some bow.

Edit: Also, I'm having issues with underwater where I cant use the virtual dpad smoothly at all, it kind of just jumps up and down. Could it because of the screen protector I am using?

I also have not had a chance to close this game once to increase my brightness.

Sqorgar

Banned
What say you, GAFfers: 3DS XL worth the cost of upgrade from the original, or no?
Depends on your financial situation, hand size, eyesight, and appreciation of the finer things in life. I upgraded to an XL and I feel like it was a well justified purchase. It is a superior piece of hardware in every way. However, I think money comes from grinding squirrels and my ability to see fine details was lost a long time ago during a contest to see who could stare directly at the sun the longest (which I won).

PrimeRib_

Definitely yes.

Thanks for the input. I was not an MH fan until this very game. I can honestly say, I feel for our European brothers during the days leading up to such a game release as this.

I've been thinking about the upgrade to an XL for awhile now, since Fire Emblem decided to take so much time away from me last month ... It's just hard to compare the original 3DS to an XL with those germ-infested scratchpads on display @ Gamestop. I don't dare touch them for longer than 10 seconds at a time for fear I'll pickup a serious case of flesh-eating bacteria, or worse.

EDIT: Wait, what's worse than that? Seriously. That flesh-eating shit scares me to oblivion.

Teknoman

Anyone notice if you kill a large monster in front of jaggi, they kinda leave you alone? They try to intimidate you by scratching and growling, but keep jumping back if you move closer.

Nicko

Holy fuck. What the crap is wrong with the Bay Area when it comes to game availability? Seriously, I went to five Targets today. Five. Not a single one had Monster Hunter on either Wii U or 3DS, and only one of them had either Lego City or Need for Speed. Here I was thinking I'd get to play tons of goodness this week on the Wii U, and instead I'll likely pick up nothing.

Booooooooooooooooooooo.

I'm in south bay, and wanted to take advantage of the buy 2, get 1 free deal.. Wanted MH3U on Wii U, and 3DS, and Need for speed U.. Called the day before release around all the targets in south bay... Only about half of the stores had the game in, and those that did got only TWO copies...

Of course Need for Speed seemed to only be stocked in the stores that did not have MH, so had to do some exchange shenanigans...

I seriously don't know what's with these super low initial shipments... (I'm looking at you Fire Emblem...)

chrono01

Okay, so here is what I did to get Table 10, let me know if this makes any sense:

set date to Jan 21 2012

set time to 00:12:00

when I hit okay, I also started a stopwatch

went into the game, got to the main screen and when the stopwatch got to 2 minutes and 43 seconds I clicked new game

Sound good?

(I'm not going to bother confirming)
Yeah, seems like you're all set!

PrimeRib_

I'm in south bay, and wanted to take advantage of the buy 2, get 1 free deal.. Wanted MH3U on Wii U, and 3DS, and Need for speed U.. Called the day before release around all the targets in south bay... Only about half of the stores had the game in, and those that did got only TWO copies...

Of course Need for Speed seemed to only be stocked in the stores that did not have MH, so had to do some exchange shenanigans...

I seriously don't know what's with these super low initial shipments... (I'm looking at you Fire Emblem...)

South Bay .... Boston?
Or South Bay as in ... somewhere else?

Sorry, had to ask. I'm in Boston (North Shore). I picked up MH @ Target in Everett @ 10:45 the day of release (Tuesday) and they had 1 copy of MH for Wii U. One. It was the display copy (unopened). They had what looked to be several copies for 3DS.

But overall, it seems Target keeps very low stock for most video games. Probably keeps their inventory costs down, which being a Walmart competitor, makes sense ... I guess.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like you did it correctly for T10.

The date is correct, but for T10 the time has to be 12:14:43~45.

If you set the time as 12:00AM, and then timed 2 minutes, 43 seconds, that would only give you 12:02:43 and would land you in the T11 area, which unfortunately, is cursed.

I'd still recommend doing the fishing expeditions to confirm. If you're off by a second or two that could mean an entirely different table for you, which would be a definite benefit considering you're now supposedly on a "cursed" one.

T10 is 00:14:43~45. He did it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom