• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What's the best Wiki for this game, overall? The few I've found don't seem very intuitive, and seem to be a mix of data from other 3rd generation games. I don't care what MH3rd portable had. Just tell me what the earliest opportunity is to get Monster Bone L.

It's definitely Wikka right now. It has the most information and the hit charts for monsters. Layout and navigating the site is a mess, but it's still 'the best'.

DaBoss

I'm thinking about making my 1st post in the thread useful so people can look at it for useful links later on today. So can you guys suggest links so it is easier to share with someone what links are useful and such. It will also keep Andrex's OP stay clean as it is now.

All of you guys talking about 45 minutes to get the guts, pfft. Took me 5 hours.

But you were killing the wrong monster for Monster Guts. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
All of you guys talking about 45 minutes to get the guts, pfft. Took me 5 hours.

My second time I literally gathered nothing nor killed anything I didn't need to kill. If I do in fact get the table I want, I'll make a few trips out and gather some resources and such on free roam.

E: Oh wait, you mean that one quest alone took you 5 hours? That's...Odd, because isn't it a 50 minute time limit? lol

Doorman

Work is boring. I want to get back to farming up my Qurupeco bard armor!

I finally will hop online tonight, hopefully I won't be the only GAFer around who hasn't done the early quests yet and is willing to team up and knock them out quickly!

I kept pressing A to fish with worms instead of using my goldenfish bait for a good twenty minutes. I was a fool. And this is from someone who has put 500+ hours into the series! My excuse is that I never fish outside the openings.

Doorman

I kept pressing A to fish with worms instead of using my goldenfish bait for a good twenty minutes. I was a fool. And this is from someone who has put 500+ hours into the series! My excuse is that I never fish outside the openings.
Yeah, fighing has always struck me as almost entirely useless unless you really need to craft yourself some quick bowgun ammo. Even then, using the fishing fleet is far more time-efficient.

Mupod

I finally will hop online tonight, hopefully I won't be the only GAFer around who hasn't done the early quests yet and is willing to team up and knock them out quickly!

I can't go online until someone pushes the button to make the transfer tool go live, so here's hoping that happens during the eshop update today and not tomorrow like they're saying.

But I've got the Lagiacrus hunting horn so I could probably burn through the early online quests pretty easily. Haven't made any armor yet, my plan is still Volvidon stuff but I don't think I'll be able to make all of that before tonight. Assuming the tool goes up by then.

I've played even more than that and I couldn't figure out how to fish Plesioth out in the demo at first, for the same reason.

Emitan

4SyXz59.jpg

Emitan the slutty cowgirl

Hoodbury

I was planning on going online for the first time tonight too. My parents are stopping over for dinner so depends on when they leave for timing. What time do you think you'll be on?

Abandond

But you were killing the wrong monster for Monster Guts. :p

My second time I literally gathered nothing nor killed anything I didn't need to kill. If I do in fact get the table I want, I'll make a few trips out and gather some resources and such on free roam.

E: Oh wait, you mean that one quest alone took you 5 hours? That's...Odd, because isn't it a 50 minute time limit? lol

Haha, no I didnt take 5 hours on the one quest, it took maybe 30. I was just killing everything, gathering everything. I also read all the text, which Im enjoying. Especially the cats. Also did all rank 1 stuff. Right now Im just running around gathering ore to get some armor. I need to get some monster fluid but Ive never seen it drop.

Pineconn

Tonight will also be my first foray into online (in MH3U). I'm finally happy with my assortment of (low rank) equipment, and I really need to get those easy quests out of the way.

Did the same thing. Felt really dumb but they kinda just don't tell you much.

NeoRausch

man, the sites are getting hammered!

I WANT TO KNOW MY RESUUULTS NAOW!

Whetfish 6x
Sleepyfish 2x
Shining Starfish 1x
Popfish 5x
Shining Starfish 1x
Sleepyfish 2x
Pin Tuna 2x
Sushifish 3x

anybody else got these results?!
haranet and hayasoft are both down ATM....

Man the charm table sit eis not working. I just want to know if it worked. :(

super low five with sad trombone :(

Palmer_v1

So I've been using a hammer exclusively so far. Is that going to be useful online or are there already a lot of hammer users? I'll probably start building up some great swords soon for offline tail cutting.

NeoRausch

So I've been using a hammer exclusively so far. Is that going to be useful online or are there already a lot of hammer users? I'll probably start building up some great swords soon for offline tail cutting.

i don't care!

#teamhammer

*allready sold all other weapons for a few bucks*

edit:

there are many hammer useres out there but just a few good ones ;)

Beelzebub

Just made myself a set of Bnahabra armor, also love my hunting horn the Vicello Uno, soon to be Vicello Nullo (y). mainly I've been doing lots of stuff to upgrade the farm/boats and build my inventory in general.. have to repel that Lagi now, which will be cake. I think I'm going to finally jump online later though, never have played in a group with the hunting horn, I'm sort of afraid I'll be knocking people down since I'm used to just soloing with it...any tips for not hitting other people with it or things I shouldn't doing with hunting horn around others?

NeoRausch

i love how the game has a two page manual but 800 quazillion pages of ads!

if you want to save trees and money, at least try to convince me!

Palmer_v1

It's definitely Wikka right now. It has the most information and the hit charts for monsters. Layout and navigating the site is a mess, but it's still 'the best'.

http://www.mh3-ultimate.com/

It's a work in progress. The brady guide has up to date information if you can get a hold of that. Wish it wasn't digital only.

I like this one. I think the earliest you get large monster bones is barroth.

Thanks! I'm trying to find a collapsible weapon tree, but none of these sites seem to have one. It's kind of a pain to navigate their current weapon trees to see what hammers I have, and what they upgrade into.

Edit: Double post. My bad!

RaidenZR

Put in some hours in this game last night- first experience with a Monster Hunter title and I really enjoyed it so far. Got to a point where I unlocked the questing aspect and did a few 1-Star ones.

But dear god, the text situation is nearly a dealbreaker. I have to get all up on my 40 inch TV just to make sure I'm not missing critical info and hints. I am trying to be good about absorbing the details since I'm a newb. Fuck...

I'm sure this has been extensively griped about and covered in the thread already but any word on Capcom planning to address this at all? It's goddamn criminal to waste all that HD real estate, nevermind the fact that they have two screens they could utilize.

Doorman

Put in some hours in this game last night- first experience with a Monster Hunter title and I really enjoyed it so far. Got to a point where I unlocked the questing aspect and did a few 1-Star ones.

But dear god, the text situation is nearly a dealbreaker. I have to get all up on my 40 inch TV just to make sure I'm not missing critical info and hints. I am trying to be good about absorbing the details since I'm a newb. Fuck...

I'm sure this has been extensively griped about and covered in the thread already but any word on Capcom planning to address this at all? It's goddamn criminal to waste all that HD real estate, nevermind the fact that they have two screens they could utilize.
Welcome to Capcom games in HD. I remember hearing complaints about their fonts being tiny as far back as Dead Rising.

Ridley327

Welcome to Capcom games in HD. I remember hearing complaints about their fonts being tiny as far back as Dead Rising.

The funny part is that they promised that Lost Planet's subtitles would be much bigger, which was true, but the font they used for multiplayer was even smaller than Dead Rising's text!

Filth

Man, Duramboros is an awesome fight.

Duram last night was such an intense fight holy shit. I killed him with a lance and I have no idea how I'm gonna do it with not being able to block with another weapon.

Little duram tip: his weak point is the top of his back. When you destroy the hump you do crazy extra damage when you attack the opened wound on his back. So when he goes to sleep place the bomb by his back not his face D:

RaidenZR

It looks like they are straight-up using the 3DS text box assets on the WiiU. It's ridiculous. Do they develop their games with their noses to the screens over there?

Sigh... So I'm guessing they haven't acknowledged the issue or said anything about it? Anyone know where to point complaints to?

Kuntz

Amazon sent my double bundle goodness, oh yeah.
Tomorrow I'll wait for UPS staring through my window like a madman.

For people that fear going multi because they are just getting started : I think the best is to learn with someone, I could even dedicate my first weeks to beginners, as a gunner that would be interesting.

That's only if you can bear with me calling the monster by their japanese name, aoashira, dobolbelk, urukususu, happurubokka all the way !

Another tip : before dropping the trap to capture a weakened monster just throw 2 tranq bombs at it. Instacapture as soon as it gets caught in the trap (be careful tranq has a limited duration). People still wonder how the capture popped immediately as nobody was getting ready to tranq, but as a gunner i always pretanq monsters before trapping and it does wonders especially if people forget to tranq, miss, or aren't quick enough.

Another tip I didn't see : to gather faster CROUCH, you will skip the crouching animation, thus some precious seconds.

Another tip : don't forget about the kick, it's a great way of dispelling stun/spell/mud/iceball effects on fellow hunters before they get their ass kicked or instead of sending them flying with your weapon.

Damn I love this game so much

Sanic

I've been reading/watching a lot of stuff from the earlier games and i'm pretty impressed with how they've been able to keep this series running for almost a decade using basically the same assets.

"Oh, a more powerful platform is coming out? Just jump over to the handhelds so we don't have to do any more work!"

It'll be interesting to see what an actual advance in tech could do for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom