• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Once the DLC comes out, he'll come face to face with his nemesis yet again: a bowgunner with lots of sleep ammo and three players with lots of bombs. :D
And I will face my nemeses: people who accidentally hit Alatreon while he's asleep, people who cart still on a cheesed fight, and no groups willing to take me without a bombing set.

Ridley327

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57496824]You're assuming the Wii U doesn't continue to bomb and Capcom feels like porting their game to an underperfoming system.[/QUOTE]

But they're already porting RE:R to it!

DaBoss

Wow fuck this Arena quest. God damn weapon requires me to go into Siege mode if I want to even fire more than one Normal S LV 1/2/3.

taybul

I did the Village Caedeus quest out of curiosity, not to instigate or anything, but I didn't even touch his beard; stuck to his tail and didn't go as far as his flippers. You do not need to break his beard for him to go from the first area to the next. I damaged everything but his beard but only managed to repel him, failing the "or slay" part of the quest, which was kind of embarrassing considering I was in G-rank gear. I didn't use ballistas though and probably shouldn't have used DBs.

Sounds like techno's making progress, though. Keep it up!

Misty Peaks at night is breathtaking.

I did the Village Caedeus quest out of curiosity, not to instigate or anything, but I didn't even touch his beard; stuck to his tail and didn't go as far as his flippers. You do not need to break his beard for him to go from the first area to the next. I damaged everything but his beard but only managed to repel him, failing the "or slay" part of the quest, which was kind of embarrassing considering I was in G-rank gear. I didn't use ballistas though and probably shouldn't have used DBs.

Sounds like techno's making progress, though. Keep it up!

This is pretty much me, except I was in LR Ludroth Armor (air is for the weak).

The Wii U won't continue to bomb. This is basic industry logic. All underperforming systems have one problem, and it's a lack of software titles. Starting this summer, Nintendo is going to release title after title, and by Christmas the system will be doing just fine. This isn't the Vita. Games are coming.
Hey, I want them to prove me wrong, but I need to see the games. I love Pikmin.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57501152]Hey, I want them to prove me wrong, but I need to see the games. I love Pikmin.[/QUOTE]

I just want "X". Oh, and hopefully MH4G HD eventually (if they go that route).

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57501152]Hey, I want them to prove me wrong, but I need to see the games. I love Pikmin.[/QUOTE]
I've already got:
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
X
Smash Bros

All of these will be gold, guaranteed.

Narras

Is there a way to go straight to reloading a gunlance while it is still sheathed? or do you have to go from unsheathing it to block-reload?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to go straight to reloading a gunlance while it is still sheathed? or do you have to go from unsheathing it to block-reload?
R+X+A will reload it as you draw it out

Edit- wait nvm you still have to block before reloading, I only bother reloading while unsheathed though lol

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of gunlance, got my solo gunlance time on stygian zinogre down to about 15 min today, still got hit twice though :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_DeHMuxXH4 (cam quality warning)

This was only a pseudo speedrun since I still need to grind out about 12 more HR until 70 and I'm confident I can get a faster completion time with abyssal lagi gear/gunlance

Going to learn/practice the dual blades matchup on him in the meantime lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll give it a shot at the right price, I'm not super eager to pay a lot for a Lego game.

It is so worth it though. It's not like any of the other Lego games, it's more like GTA except without the guns and a few mechanics from Lego games thrown in.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So playing online without a Wii U on the 3DS version seems to be a huge convoluted mess could some one clarify a few things for me?

To my knowledge a 3DS can only locally connect to other 3DS's for multiplayer hunts.

However I've heard that with the Wii U packet relay you can play online, now I don't have a Wii U but my friend on the other side of the country is getting one. Could he theoretically set up a lobby and I could join it?

how does joining lobby's even really work? Is it from the hunter search? I don't really see many options or even how to join a room.

God why couldn't this have been a simple thing ;____;

So playing online without a Wii U on the 3DS version seems to be a huge convoluted mess could some one clarify a few things for me?

To my knowledge a 3DS can only locally connect to other 3DS's for multiplayer hunts.

However I've heard that with the Wii U packet relay you can play online, now I don't have a Wii U but my friend on the other side of the country is getting one. Could he theoretically set up a lobby and I could join it?

how does joining lobby's even really work? Is it from the hunter search? I don't really see many options or even how to join a room.

God why couldn't this have been a simple thing ;____;
No. The packet relay tool is a way for a 3DS to connect to a local Wii U and go online. The 3DS basically "borrows" your Wii U's internet connection.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That is correct.

Aww, I hope that eventually we get a way to spoof local connections on the 3DS or something more practical than owning a Wii U to tunnel through, because not being able to play online or having anyone to play MH3U with locally really makes me feel like im missing out on 70% of the experience.

So essentially what you're saying is, 3DS multiplayer is local or Wii U tunneling?
Yes.

Aww, I hope that eventually we get a way to spoof local connections on the 3DS or something more practical than owning a Wii U to tunnel through, because not being able to play online or having anyone to play MH3U with locally really makes me feel like im missing out on 70% of the experience.
It's not a 3DS issue, it's a MH3U one. MH4 will have online play with the 3DS.

DaBoss

Sweet justice, beat Stygian Zinogre with a HBG in the Arena with an A-Rank. Time to beat all the monsters with weapons I haven't used yet.

How do I unlock G Rank Barroth? I don't have it and it's a key quest.

G-Rank Barioth isn't a key quest, but to unlock it, you need to do these quests:
THE CHERRY BLOSSOM QUEEN
THE GREEN FLASH
PLAYING WITH FIRE
SWELTERING SHOWDOWN

Ultratech

Mark of a Hero down! Managed it in 32 min on my first try.

HOLY CRAP that was intense.

Ivory only gave me a little trouble, but I used 2-3 Flash Bombs on him just so I could wail on him a bit. Decided to pack my Gigginox/Mizar gear for Poison since I figured it'd wreck everything.

I also went and packed Mega Dash Juice (x5) and mats to make Farcasters. Those were VERY useful.

Ivory ended up going down at about the 14-15 minute mark after I caught it in Cha-Cha's Pitfall Trap and killed it. Then Los and Brachy came down...

Anywho, Los went down first after getting hit by Poison then getting hungry (which made him a very easy target). Brachy kinda stayed to himself a lot while Los was up, and never even went into Rage Mode until after Los died.

Brachy was...Brachy. At this point, I pretty much had it won, but I just had to keep hitting him and letting my Poison do its work (when it was active). Used a Shock Trap so I could get Poison applied, and cut its tail off. Then mostly just did hit-and-run tactics while it was in Rage Mode. Finally, he went down at about 32 minutes.

Up Next: Alatreon! (Whenever I get around to that...)

Top Bottom