• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";57683832]Got an A on my final project and portfolio!

Now I can unpack my 3ds heheheh[/QUOTE]
Congratulations!

I'd love to see some of your pieces.

I flashbacked to my portfolio review and started sweating instantly. Congrats!

Kyzon

Soooooooooooooo I popped in a room and didn't know they were doing savage jho I thought we were just going to hunt that random peco. I went in gunner gear with 10 pots and only 3 mega pots.

Shit was intense, but I only carted once.

And I got some black blood :p

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Jho randomly appearing in various HR quests is starting to trigger severe anxiety attacks. I can't handle it.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So should I stay away from him until said urgent quest? I mean, when should I take a serious jab at taking him down? i.e. gear and weapon suggestions.

Right now I'm equipped with Lv4 Wroggi S gear and a Barbarian Blade LS.

Yes....my entry into G rank is complete. Finally these skills on my armor:-

Sharpness +1
Awaken
HGE
Bombardier

Selene Z Helm
Selene Z Mail
Selene Z Gauntlets
Selene X Tasset
Artian X Greaves

with +3 Free Element charm.

Next upgrade target, Gigas to Grongigas Hammer. Currently, I have to use whetstone very frequently. So annoying!

Hattori

Banned
Yes....my entry into G rank is complete. Finally these skills on my armor:-

Sharpness +1
Awaken
HGE
Bombardier

Selene Z Helm
Selene Z Mail
Selene Z Gauntlets
Selene X Tasset
Artian X Greaves

with +3 Free Element charm.

Next upgrade target, Gigas to Grongigas Hammer.

Currently, I have to use whetstone very frequently. Maybe I should try using Narga Hammer instead.

How do you guys find the poison element? is it useful?
Poison is very useful in my opinion because sometimes you fight multi-monsters with different elemental weakness that you can't really prepare for.

Now get an A on every Arena Quest!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Online better not be dead by the time I'm done with village quests. It's a bad habit of mine but I can't start any guild quests until I make sure my village is looked after.

I often feel people try to rush through the experience too fast and burn out prematurely. I typically come on 3 nights a week and while there is plenty of material I need to make this or upgrade that, I'm not in a rush to grind anything. I just enjoy the game as it comes.

Arveene

Neo Member
Everytime I've made a room in the GAF lobby, I solo a few quests and then an hour later no one has joined. I don't think it's my connection because I've made rooms in the more filled worlds/lobbies just fine. I usually just end up duoing with a friend of mine. I'll make the room in the GAF lobby from now on and see if anything changes.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Online better not be dead by the time I'm done with village quests. It's a bad habit of mine but I can't start any guild quests until I make sure my village is looked after.
I'll be playing for a while to come. I'm actually doing village stuff tonight.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I need some advice for using a Gunlance. I've been a pretty heavy lance user, and so I find myself just guarding and mashing the upward strike with the GL. When and how should I be using the shot?

Is the Peco Flint worth the investing in, y/n?

I'd say definitely yes, its one of the earliest weapons you can get with blue sharpness and its stats are pretty good

So should I stay away from him until said urgent quest? I mean, when should I take a serious jab at taking him down? i.e. gear and weapon suggestions.

Right now I'm equipped with Lv4 Wroggi S gear and a Barbarian Blade LS.

I would stay away from him. You could probably kill him but it'd take too long(he has a looot of HP it seems) and you might not make it to the second monster and finish him in time. You could try though.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'll be playing for a while to come. I'm actually doing village stuff tonight.
That's good to know. I'm hoping to clear a bulk of the village HR quests then jump online, for the first time, in 80 hours.

Yup, I'm that guy.

I'd say definitely yes, its one of the earliest weapons you can get with blue sharpness and its stats are pretty good
I just took down the Jade Barroth. Seems like a good weapon along with the KO skill. Although I haven't tested the same fight with my LS to compare, it felt very satisfying. This is actually my first time using the Hammer, so I'm trying to get used to the (limited) combos.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I kid you not, it knocked me into a different zone and I had an antidote ready to go safely, but I was stunned and couldn't use it in time

I know that feel man. It's happened to me before when I was hunting him. That was the only reason I carted on that fight. After that I just kept my distance while he was in the air. Shit is messed up, that's a horrible combo poison and stun. Straight bullshit.

vareon

So I need some advice for using a Gunlance. I've been a pretty heavy lance user, and so I find myself just guarding and mashing the upward strike with the GL. When and how should I be using the shot?

I use X+X+A combo whenever I got the chance or when there's nobody around (the fires will throw people). I almost always end my upward strike with a shot unless I can clearly see the monster is about to attack (or am playing very defensively). I almost always end my strike with a dodge, too.

Wyvern Fires should be used whenever I got the chance. One thing I like to do is block an monster's roar, Wyvern Fire. WF's knockback usually provide enough distance for you to block or dodge any incoming attack.

Edit: At least that's how I play it! God knows if I have any godlike skills like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_DeHMuxXH4

Mondriaan

I often feel people try to rush through the experience too fast and burn out prematurely. I typically come on 3 nights a week and while there is plenty of material I need to make this or upgrade that, I'm not in a rush to grind anything. I just enjoy the game as it comes.

I think the most annoying aspect of the game is that there is a ton of boring single player stuff to grind through that can't be done in a way except completely offline. Seeing that other people are playing the game, but are playing offline is in some ways much more off-putting than seeing no one on my friends list playing, though.

Nowadays some of the BS like going through the huge-ass list of charms and selling off the lesser ones is something I'll just do online since it doesn't save me anything to do it offline.

How do you get the 8* Brachy quest to show up in the Moga Village? I did the key quests except that one. The website said you have to wait for the trader guy to come back. How long does that usually take?

Ricky 7

I soloed the Savage Deviljho on my first try with 43 seconds left, feels good. Tbh he wasn't as tough as I thought he'd be. I hope they release a powered up version of him like they did for the I.Lagi.

Yay finally arrived (UK) but the packaging makes it seems like a bootleg product XD, can't wait to go back online after my exams T-T:
jbu8uYw3z65K5E.JPG

Top Bottom