• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Hattori

Banned
For now, that's perfect. Eventually you'll know what to sell and what to keep.

I just got a work email that needs immediate attention, so nothing right now. how long are you going to be on? I would love to do the rest of HR4 (minus Unwanted Visitor) later.

ok i'll probably still be on in an hour or two, just make the room in the usual spot

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Welp, sorry, but work got a little unpredictable, and I ended up only hopping on super late. Sorry guys! (thus is my life)

Tomorrow I would love to have some gaffers join me to defeat Ivory Lagiacrus, so I can finally put HR4 to rest.

Fistwell

Tomorrow I would love to have some gaffers join me to defeat Ivory Lagiacrus, so I can finally put HR4 to rest.
Define "tomorrow"?

Would love to help but dunno if our time zones are compatible (I'm apparently GMT+2 although I could have sworn I was GMT+1, probably summer savings or somehting, anyways, I'm on Paris-Berlin time).

Which monster is Jho? I get confused with all this lingo at times.
Devil jho. Tall, T-rex looking bastard? Sir Drools-a-lot? (Comically) tiny forelimbs? Quru's butt-buddy? Party crasher extraordinaire? Terrible breath?

That guy.

MH3G-Hungry_Deviljho.png

Watched this video of a gun lancer beating a zinogre variant and getting hit once the entire fight...

-_-

I realized I sucked with the weapon and was going about it all wrong. I made some adjustments and bosses are dying much faster!

Sand Barioth was going down in 12 minutes and Nargacua (sp) in about 13. Finally got his medulla to make the hidden gun lance. Not sure if I'll use it over the Brachy +1, but it's nice to have options.

This game just gets better and better.

Boogiepop

Anyone up for helping me break out of HR6? I'll make a room in 3-9, Boogiegaf.

Edit: Nobody showed up, so I guess I'll just dig around to find a room to join instead.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Define "tomorrow"?

Would love to help but dunno if our time zones are compatible (I'm apparently GMT+2 although I could have sworn I was GMT+1, probably summer savings or somehting, anyways, I'm on Paris-Berlin time).

Probably won't work. I'm in the US, and I usually am not able to play until midnight my time (and even last night, I ended up having to put out a work related fire, which delayed my playing until 2am.)

No harm in trying, though.

Good news is that it will be Saturday in japan when I log on to play, so there's no chance work will suddenly pop up and interrupt things. That said, all are welcome. I would love to kill Ivory Lagiacrus, and then do the HR5 key quests. I have a few done already due to playing with randoms.

Fistwell

I'm in the US, and I usually am not able to play until midnight my time (and even last night, I ended up having to put out a work related fire, which delayed my playing until 2am.)
Pacific? Eastern? Midnight-2AM PST is 9-11AM my time, I'm usually up by then.

Heading back online right now btw. I'm guessing I was playing w/ you boogiepop earlier (together w/ Neo)? Anybody else around?

What's the best way to go about getting enough rare commodities to make the corn popper gun lance? I believe it needs 5 heftcorn
Kill big things. Like, pink ian+ level.

Mondriaan

What's the best way to go about getting enough rare commodities to make the corn popper gun lance? I believe it needs 5 heftcorn
You probably have to save the game when you're guaranteed a five(? I forget if corn is five) star monster, cap it, and reset/reload the game if the game doesn't give you a rare commodity.

Maybe someone can check if you can still influence the hunt report by going into a quest or two in between returning to the village and checking the hunt report awards. If so, you could save the game after returning to the village and then try to influence the rewards by doing extra crap in between instead of doing the whole hunt over. It wouldn't surprise me if the hunt report awards are fixed/static after returning, though.

(If you can beat a 5 star monster in under 3 minutes, you could return to the village and basically repeat the same night over for another chance at rare commodities. I haven't had much luck with anything above 2 stars, though).

You probably have to save the game when you're guaranteed a six star monster, cap it, and reset/reload the game if the game doesn't give you a rare commodity.

Maybe someone can check if you can still influence the hunt report by going into a quest or two in between returning to the village and checking the hunt report awards. If so, you could save the game after returning to the village and then trying to influence the rewards by doing extra crap in between instead of doing the whole hunt over.

Sounds like you get more throws of the dice that way. Thanks

also

Banned
Got 4 Lagia Sapphires and a mantle at once from the advanced quest Lagiacrus Alert. My fabulous Plesioth armor has suddenly become a magnet for rare materials.

Andrin

Hiya!

Been a lurker on GAF for years now, but I figured that I should register in time for MH3U to have some nice people to play with.. Turns out the authentication process takes a while, who knew? -_-

Anyway, the game has been a really fun challenge to take on solo so far, but if any of you are still playing would you mind taking a multiplayer newbie along? I've managed to get to HR7 by myself so far (lancer all the way!), but figured that I'd wait with the really big challenges until I had some others to play with.

My NNID is the same as my username here, and I'm based in Europe (GMT+1).

And I'm looking forward to finally joining the organised chaos that is GAF as well!

thetrin

Pacific? Eastern? Midnight-2AM PST is 9-11AM my time, I'm usually up by then.

Mountain at the moment. Once my work visa goes through and I move for work, I'll be on Japan time.

Haunted

Hiya!

Been a lurker on GAF for years now, but I figured that I should register in time for MH3U to have some nice people to play with.. Turns out the authentication process takes a while, who knew? -_-

Anyway, the game has been a really fun challenge to take on solo so far, but if any of you are still playing would you mind taking a multiplayer newbie along? I've managed to get to HR7 by myself so far (lancer all the way!), but figured that I'd wait with the really big challenges until I had some others to play with.

My NNID is the same as my username here, and I'm based in Europe (GMT+1).

And I'm looking forward to finally joining the organised chaos that is GAF as well!
Awesome, welcome to the community. :D

Just had a couple fun hunts with some GAFers, there seems to be almost always someone around in Free C -> Lobby 9 on the evenings. :)

thetrin

Awesome, welcome to the community. :D

Just had a couple fun hunts with some GAFers, there seems to be almost always someone around in Free C -> Lobby 9 on the evenings. :)

Hey Haunted, you down for some HR4 urgent + HR5 key tonight?

NeoRausch

after 250 he's. I have a beginners question:

is there anyway to mass sell/drop stuff or of your box?

got a few items that are dangerously close to 999 like insect husk.

I don't even care I'd I got money for them but taking only 10 of them to the sales lady is a damm chore.

thetrin

I don't even care I'd I got money for them but taking only 10 of them to the sales lady is a damm chore.

Manage/combine items -> Sell

I think I'm gonna take a short break. I'm a bit over 115 hours, and its back to subspecies. Useful ones at least, so I can upgrade a good amount of weapons, but I don't feel like farming.

Boogiepop

So I seem to be taking a hell of a lot of damage in my Selene Z armor, even if I bring along the armorcharm and eat food that gives a large defense boost. I'm sure part of that is also that I haven't gotten any True Armor Spheres yet, but still. Anyone have any advice on a good G-rank armor for Dual Blades that I should work towards?

dubq

So I just got this for 3DS as well. Is there anything I should be aware of when transferring my Wii U save to 3DS and back? I don't want to risk messing something up so I figured I would ask here first. ;)

taybul

So I seem to be taking a hell of a lot of damage in my Selene Z armor, even if I bring along the armorcharm and eat food that gives a large defense boost. I'm sure part of that is also that I haven't gotten any True Armor Spheres yet, but still. Anyone have any advice on a good G-rank armor for Dual Blades that I should work towards?
I'm really enjoying the narga z armor with duals. Comes with evasion+, stam recovery up, and focus. You should be able to gem in evasion+2 easily.

Also side-rant: for something called "rock steady" you'd expect it to have tremor res. They should've added that instead of current res.

Hattori

Banned
Yeah I wish rock steady had some tremor resist because that would really help with the b. diablos stun lock-ohko that always seem to get me

Some people replied to me earlier about this but it's off the quote log now. Wii U Monster Hunter saves are account locked it seems but could I transfer to the 3DS and then transfer to another person's Wii U? Or is that 3DS save permanently locked to one Wii U?

If not, what's the best way to pack a Wii U? Usually just put my PS3 in some clothes but the Wii U seems considerably more fragile, and has a glossy finish. To clarify I'm heading out of town for three weeks to visit some family is a rather small town, isn't much to do :D

Hattori

Banned
Some people replied to me earlier about this but it's off the quote log now. Wii U Monster Hunter saves are account locked it seems but could I transfer to the 3DS and then transfer to another person's Wii U? Or is that 3DS save permanently locked to one Wii U?

If not, what's the best way to pack a Wii U? Usually just put my PS3 in some clothes but the Wii U seems considerably more fragile, and has a glossy finish. To clarify I'm heading out of town for three weeks to visit some family is a rather small town, isn't much to do :D

just pack the wii u to avoid any unnecessary problems

------------

just got a moonshard from trying the tear farming method xD

Good Bye Lucent Narga, no more 20 quests in a row just for one moonshard

Haunted

Hey Haunted, you down for some HR4 urgent + HR5 key tonight?
I wish!

You replied to my good night post - I went to bed after that one. :lol I'm now up again as it's early morning here (but obviously not playing online). ^^;

Holy shit man, that must've been torture for so long.

Kinda crazy what kind of "simple" facts can blow minds even after so many hours of play. Cancelling out of the monster death cutscene, giving meat to Cha-Cha to improve his stats, selling items directly from the item box, equipment sets remembering all the specific gems etc etc.

Define "tomorrow"?

Devil jho. Tall, T-rex looking bastard? Sir Drools-a-lot? (Comically) tiny forelimbs? Quru's butt-buddy? Party crasher extraordinaire? Terrible breath?

That guy.

Ohhhhh that guy. My friend hates him with a passion. I haven't really fought him much. Whats the best weapon to slaughter him with?

thetrin

I wish!

You replied to my good night post - I went to bed after that one. :lol I'm now up again as it's early morning here (but obviously not playing online). ^^;

Damn!

Understandable, I suppose. :p

Well, I'm going to be hopping on in a little bit. Would love some assistance with HR4 urgent all the same.

explodet

Wheeeeeew

Lucent Narga is no foolin' around.
Finished off every healing item I had, carted once, but she finally went down.

Snapped the tail off at the last moment too!

I think I'm going back to high rank for a while where I'm OP again.

Top Bottom