• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Alright, logging in now. Will give room info in a bit.

EDIT: okay, Free A, Lobby 4, TrinGAF

Doing HR4 Urgent, then maybe some HR5 key

Fewr

I'm the person who joined then left. I hope we get to hunt together sometime when my equipment is good enough. I'm village rank 9 so it won't be long.
Right after this I joined a room with a couple of spaniards. We played for about 6hrs and had tons of fun, probably the most fun I've had online ever ever ever. They were both clad in meager jaggi armor, and I in my awesome volvidon hr set. Together we did pink rathians, ivory lagiacrus, sand barioth, black diablos and other lesser stuff.

Great great night.

Any hints on beating Ceadeus? I think i will use my Boltcutter this time. I heard I have to break the beard and horns but I could only break the horns with my Eternal Strife.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
New room created.

Free C Lobby 9. Doing HR5 key quests. Any and all that can help are welcome.

thetrin

It's official: Fuck Goldbeard

lol

The session was actually quite fun. Thanks guys! Let's get down with some HR5 urgent tomorrow. Would love to conquer Goldbeard and move on!

Tempted to make some Zinogre gear before attempting it again, honestly.

Haunted

It's official: Fuck Goldbeard
Preach it. :D

grr would love to help you out but the time you're playing at is so terrible (7AM-10AM) ;_;

Good thing we've got at least some GAFers in most of the popular timezones, so there's often people around during the peak times for EU and NA, respectively.

Any hints on beating Ceadeus? I think i will use my Boltcutter this time. I heard I have to break the beard and horns but I could only break the horns with my Eternal Strife.
Village quest? Do some damage (most say to break the beard) to have him open up the third area. Then focus on his front and the horn and don't forget to use the ballista and dragonator (swim to the button when he's angry, he'll get into the right spot on his own).

While Eternal Strife is a good Dragon SnS, most people tend to go for a weapon class with a bit more dps, that's SnS' greatest weakness.

NeoRausch

Fuck Hardhorn. Did that S. Barrioth and B.Diablos Quest so many times now.

Everybody goes: Got it on second try, easy!

not me... desire sensor...

and after that I need 4 large wyvern stones and a brachy pallium...

kill me!

Haunted

kill me!
God, don't get me started on the fucking desire sensor, I've been trying to get a Worn Gunlance for so many fucking hours now. Close to giving up or admitting that my table doesn't produce Gunlance Ancientshards, just all the other weapons (I know that's not how it works).

If you have a cosmic VE Ticket, you can exchange that for a Pallium instead of actually farming Brachy, I think.

Fewr

Is single player Brachydios in Tanzia Port harder than the same in village? just wondering.

Btw, I am not Port Rank 4.

nobody can tell me desire sensor does not exist.

I'm currently making Narga armor and the hardest piece to get is the medulla which i had gotten 2 fights in, now I need 2 tail spikes to finish the set but keep getting medullas... 4th one so far and no spikes.

Ultratech

nobody can tell me desire sensor does not exist.

I'm currently making Narga armor and the hardest piece to get is the medulla which i had gotten 2 fights in, now I need 2 tail spikes to finish the set but keep getting medullas... 4th one so far and no spikes.

I got quite a few from the Four Point Formation (Narga/Bari/G.Narga/S.Bari) quest.

But that's also an 8* star quest...

Preach it. :D

grr would love to help you out but the time you're playing at is so terrible (7AM-10AM) ;_;

Good thing we've got at least some GAFers in most of the popular timezones, so there's often people around during the peak times for EU and NA, respectively.

Village quest? Do some damage (most say to break the beard) to have him open up the third area. Then focus on his front and the horn and don't forget to use the ballista and dragonator (swim to the button when he's angry, he'll get into the right spot on his own).

While Eternal Strife is a good Dragon SnS, most people tend to go for a weapon class with a bit more dps, that's SnS' greatest weakness.

I actually beat him last night. Alot easier with my LS. Thank you for the dragonator. Also if you want to play Sunday send me a message of a good time :) I'm HR 3 or 4 I forget. Its high rank is all I recall. Plus I though SnS would of had a greater DPS then LS because of the amount of attack you can fit in.

Mondriaan

Sounds like you get more throws of the dice that way. Thanks
Tested it out and it looks like the game decides what drop you'll get for that particular monster from the hunt report as soon as the monster dies/gets captured. So, no dice. You have to do the whole hunt over to get a chance at a different drop.

Lizardus

Only 2 Crushing Fangs away from making the Barioth Z gunner set and it's killing me. I am gonna gem it up for AuL and Stam Recovery. What are some other good Bow sets and skills?

I currently have the Kelbi Bow, Sandraider and The Ryssurection.

Also, which is better fire lance? immaelstrom, sol prominence or soul of prominence?

Codeblue

Did two HR6 urgents yesterday. Caedeus has to be the worst fight in the game.

I walked out with three deep dragon gems and a dark dragon gem though, so it's not all bad. Now to figure out what to do with them since I'm definitely never going back and farming him for an armor set or anything.

thetrin

Hoping to do Goldbeard again this afternoon. Any G-rank gaffers willing to help a poor high ranker out?

Ultratech

Welp, finally downed Alatreon.

Took maybe 32-35 min?

Sadly, I died once because I kinda messed up after I got him stuck in a wall and accidentally hit the wrong button and got hit by his charge. :\

Wacked off his tail and broke one horn. Had to put on HG Earplugs so I could get more hits in while he roared.

Didn't really get enough mats to make anything though.
Might make that God's Archipelago LBG and set so I can cheese him a little bit. :D

On the plus side, that's ALL Village Quests done.

BWkOfEp.jpg

4KzDvW9.jpg

Mess.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

kill me!
Took me 42 blos + black blos before I got one. Of course I got it when I didn't need it anymore ( ´_ゝ`)

Haunted

Not aware of any hacks, so I hope level 999 is either a glitch or just a legit insane time investment.

Going to hop online in a bit while watching East Coast Throwdown, I'll look in Free C Lobby 9 if anything's up.

Hoping to do Goldbeard again this afternoon. Any G-rank gaffers willing to help a poor high ranker out?
When's that in hours from this post? :D

Haunted

Room is open.

Up for anything, still missing some HR8's and lots of Adv quests. Also looking for more materials for some new sets, G. Agna, S. Zinogre (need a goal again)... but mostly just helping out other GAFers with whatever's needed, from Low Rank to G-Rank. :D

thetrin

Not aware of any hacks, so I hope level 999 is either a glitch or just a legit insane time investment.

Going to hop online in a bit while watching East Coast Throwdown, I'll look in Free C Lobby 9 if anything's up.

When's that in hours from this post? :D

Hopefully in a couple hours. ^^;

My weekends end up being pretty packed with cooking, working out, etc. I have to go work out in about 15 min, but after that, I should be up to play. Would love your help. :D

Will you be around in like, 2-3 hours?

Btw, after which rank do you start earning EXP?

Arveene

Neo Member
Room is open.

Up for anything, still missing some HR8's and lots of Adv quests. Also looking for more materials for some new sets, G. Agna, S. Zinogre (need a purpose again)... but mostly just helping out other GAFers with whatever's needed, from Low Rank to G-Rank. :D

I'll join with a friend of mine, could use some S. Zin.

Haunted

Hopefully in a couple hours. ^^;

My weekends end up being pretty packed with cooking, working out, etc. I have to go work out in about 15 min, but after that, I should be up to play. Would love your help. :D

Will you be around in like, 2-3 hours?

Btw, after which rank do you start earning EXP?
I'll try to stay awake that long. :D

You're already earning XP, although it's "behind the scenes". After HR8, your existing points are tallied and you immediately jump to HR20+.

I was thinking about getting into Bows now, are there any Bow specific skills? What skills are the best for bows and what sets bow user prefer?

Also I have 7 more quest to finish (all HR8) and was wondering if any Gaffers would be willing to help tonight. =)

Boogiepop

Just need two more quest done and I'll have my urgent to finally get out of HR7.

Made a room in 3-9, BoogieGaf if anyone's up for helping me out.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
What is that?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/66116400

Been at it for a few hours, passed on good charms like free element+7 blight res+3 and guard+6 evasion+3 a few times now. Kept an edgemaster+3 sheathing+6 one though.

Going for 2 specific charms and have gotten within 4 RNG values of it a few times :\
It comes down to tenths of a second |`Д´|

Really the best way to get sick of a game. >_>
It'll be worth it though, I need them to make two 'perfect' gunlance and dual swords set I'm going to use for speed running s.zin
(And that's all that I'm looking to get out of the game at this point anyways lol)

Haunted

:| Nobody's showing up. Somebody popped up for a sec but then left. I feel so alone.
;_; Sorry, man.

We've got a full room going on here with Setveen, Arveene and Kish. Good hunts so far!

The game really needs a better lobby system and monsters with adaptive health online. >_> Only 4 players in a room and monsters balanced for that number is such a restrictive system.

thetrin

I'll try to stay awake that long. :D

You're already earning XP, although it's "behind the scenes". After HR8, your existing points are tallied and you immediately jump to HR20+.
Ah gotcha. Thanks. I just got back from the gym, and I'll be able to hop on in a bit if you're still on.

Offer's open to anyone else who would like to help me hit HR6 :D

;_; Sorry, man.

We've got a full room going on here with Setveen, Arveene and Kish. Good hunts so far!

The game really needs a better lobby system and monsters with adaptive health online. >_> Only 4 players in a room and monsters balanced for that number is such a restrictive system.
Agreed. I'd really like to just duo with a buddy, but it's just not doable as you get farther in.

I also wish people used comments on rooms more often. More specific comments would be nice as well, "looking to raise from HR5 to 6" etc would be nice.

Haunted

Ah gotcha. Thanks. I just got back from the gym, and I'll be able to hop on in a bit if you're still on.

Offer's open to anyone else who would like to help me hit HR6 :D
I am! Taking a short break after a tough Event Lagi just now, but I'm there in a few.

Just open a room in Free C Lobby 9 and I'll join on you. :)

Top Bottom