• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes they can kill each other!

They do real damage. It's usually not really noticeable because it's such a rare occurrence, but a Joe going in on another monster on the quest can actually do some decent damage. Also noticeable with the Brachydios and Rathalos in Mark of a Hero, Brachy can really do a number on the Rathalos with all the explosions.

Awesome. Maybe I should go easy on the Dung Bombs and see how far I can benefit from the crossfire.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I finally reached G Rank today! Gonna spend however long it'll take me to farm Goldbeard for Helios Z.
I'm almost done with HR6, but farming Goldbeard does sound tempting.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Indeed. I've wanted the Helios Z armor for quite some time now.
I'm being crazy and taking on HR6 with HR gear, and so far things have gone well, but I'm thankful I use DB, as I have a lot of mobility as a result. I want to finish HR6 before I craft new gear.

Balls of steel!

Keep playing with gaffers, and make sure you send everyone your guild card. When you get a VE Ticket Gold, you'll be able to trade that to the Veggie Elder in the Tundra (He's at base camp on the right off a cliff right before you leave the camp), and he'll give you a gem for it.

Also, I've figured out what the cosmic mask is good for. Cassshhhhhhhh money. I'm going to equip both shakalakas with it now.
That just means partying with gaf all the time! Woooooooo!

(Anyone wanna play?)

Kyzon

I joined! And then the room filled up.

Patience pays off.
emot-unsmith.gif

edit: MLG Monster Hunter Silver Rathalos hunt just now. Shock traps, shock traps everywhere. :lol

LMAO! That was hilarious. My gf was cracking up behind me while she watched Los dance around the traps.

Do monster items that show up for being sold as resources ever get used as armor pieces, or can I convert them safely?

Just convert Lava Nuggets only. If you need any more, fight uragaan, knock it over and mine the shit out of it's back.. and ballsack too if I remember correctly.

I have about 20k resources right now.

thetrin

LMAO! That was hilarious. My gf was cracking up behind me while she watched Los dance around the traps.

Just convert Lava Nuggets only. If you need any more, fight uragaan, knock it over and mine the shit out of it's back.. and ballsack too if I remember correctly.

I have about 20k resources right now.
Kyzon, I'm doing work tonight, but do you wanna help me with HR6 tomorrow? Would love the help!

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Some of the weirdest instances in this are when monsters suddenly freeze for 10-15 seconds. On one the one hand thanks for giving me a combo opening for free, but on the other Wut?!

Rize_21

Nah, I'm talking from my experience with village quests, 1-on-1 with large monsters. I can't be the only one who experienced this, can I?

To me it was specifically against the Bracchydios,he becomes totally indifferent of the situation and he's standing there for a "good" moment(not exhausted at all),before moving to an other zone,it's weird.

Got my plate after WAY too many runs yesterday. I still hate that guy.

Had to move onto Azure Rathalos who actually stays grounded more but is still quite annoying. I need his tail and was going to use the same cut/carve/quit modus, but of course he gives me a gem...

-_-

so naturally i had to kill him twice.

I'm in a roundabout manner farming helios gear as well. Thankfully I only really need conqueror's seals. The X waist isn't showing up so I might have to play gold beard again.

The granny update is awesome! I bought over 300 some armor stones and I have so much excess ore from charm hunting that I probably won't have to ever worry about it again.

I'm curious if there are any other tedious materials I should stock up on. Anything that can be grown on the farm I’m not worried about. I’m new to Bowgunning so if there are any mats I should stock up on for hard to make ammo I’m all ears. Considering getting a bunch of Scatter Fish for LBB+s but now that I’m at G-Rank isn’t sleep bombing kind of silly compared to the ridiculous HP values of monsters?

I’m starting to understand HBG more now. I took a step back and decided just to concentrate on and get comfortable with a few ammo types. Doing a whole lot better now.

Ugh I had to do 26 missions before she had Armor Stones in stock.
This is my first MH and I've enjoyed it mostly, but stuff like this puts me off getting MH4!

Compared to other RPGs, that is actually not bad at all.

Dude, you don't want to know how many hours I've wasted in Phantasy Star Online 2 trying to get rare drops, only to go away empty handed.

taybul

I joined! And then the room filled up.

Patience pays off.
emot-unsmith.gif

edit: MLG Monster Hunter Silver Rathalos hunt just now. Shock traps, shock traps everywhere. :lol

That was ridiculous, he would not come down. So many times he'd charge at a trap, stop short then take off. Good hunts Kyzon, Mileena, and Haunted!

I got so poor last night the guild lady said I couldn't afford to take on a quest. After picking my spirits back up from the floor I decided to max out my boats (to sell eggs), make the cosmic mask (to sell coins), and farm nulberries (thank you granny for half-off dung) and I bounced back pretty quickly. Not sure how some of you are in the millions but hopefully I'm on the right path.

Haunted

That was ridiculous, he wouldn't not come down. So many times he'd charge at a trap, stop short then take off. Good hunts Kyzon, Mileena, and Haunted!

I got so poor last night the guild lady said I couldn't afford to take on a quest. After picking my spirits back up from the floor I decided to max out my boats (to sell eggs), make the cosmic mask (to sell coins), and farm nulberries (thank you granny for half-off dung) and I bounced back pretty quickly. Not sure how some of you are in the millions but hopefully I'm on the right path.
:lol

A couple G-Rank volcano harvest runs with 2 cosmic masks + gatherer skill and selling off your spare Fire/Firecell/Allfire Stones and you won't know what to do with all your money!

... is what I want to say, but it looks like Capcom finally unleashed that next level granny on us (hadn't checked on her in a while). Sharpened Fangs, Kelbi Horns and Armor Stones available in the shop, oh my. I just unloaded ~1.6 million Zenny on her and armour upgrades.

CPCunha

Got my ass handed over to me by the goddamn A.Rathalos soloing it on the HR5 quest...
...i was raging so bad 'cus after i carted the second time and got back to his location, couldn't barely touch him... he didn't land a single time, kept spamming that hellish ground explosion thing he does and me being a stupid GL user, kept trying to block it even though it did hit me from all sides.

GrrrrrRRRR... can't belive i'll have to try it again.
Help me HunterGAF!

Got my ass handed over to me by the goddamn A.Rathalos soloing it on the HR5 quest...
...i was raging so bad 'cus after i carted the second time and got back to his location, couldn't barely touch him... he didn't land a single time, kept spamming that hellish ground explosion thing he does and me being a stupid GL user, kept trying to block it even though it did hit me from all sides.

GrrrrrRRRR... can't belive i'll have to try it again.
Help me HunterGAF!

I also use a GL and I know some of those fireballs can cross you up (make you block the opposite direction you think) but you can block them.

If he's in fireball-mode it's a better idea to sheathe and run like the dickens

Kyzon

I took on Aletreon last night.

Cut off his tail in the first 10 minutes, then carted for the 3rd time with about 2 minutes of the quest left :/

Kyzon, I'm doing work tonight, but do you wanna help me with HR6 tomorrow? Would love the help!

Yeah, I may be on after work today. So about 7:30 PST

tuffy

After a fair amount of prep work, I fought vanilla Rathalos for the first time yesterday. I'd put together a full Gigginox suit for the occasion and was doing pretty well ignoring his roars and dodging his fireballs, but then he started taking to the air more and more. Finally I got sick of it. I switched over to level 3 pellet, tilted up a little and gave him a full blast. He plummeted into a big scaly heap and stayed that way a long time while I unloaded as much ammo as I could. I almost felt sorry when he started limping away soon after - though not so sorry that I wasn't going to carve him up for parts.

All in all, it went a lot smoother than I expected.

Narras

Anyone else love doing arena? I've been doing them for awhile now and finally had enough coins to forge me that sweet looking Guild Bard X set. It's also one of my favorite places to try and learn how to use other weapons.

Haunted

I'm really looking forward to doing some 4 player Alatreon with GAF next week. I don't have the drive to learn soloing him, should be fun times to beat him up with some of the usual crew. :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have one Wyvern Stone and wanted another, until I saw the drop rates (between 18 monsters). So depressing.

Abandond

After a long break, going to start this game up again with a new character. This time male with a focus on a melee weapon, my other character is female with a bow. Should be interesting!

Lizardus

After a long break, going to start this game up again with a new character. This time male with a focus on a melee weapon, my other character is female with a bow. Should be interesting!

UHHHHHH, you realize that you can switch between weapons freely right? You are not locked to a class.

I've got a room up at Free C lobby 9, if anyone wants to play and do some G rank stuff. Same pass as in OP.

Room should be up for a long time

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Now begins my hunt for Deviljho parts. I decided I'm going to upgrade to Tyrannos even though I go from blue sharpness to green, it's a 200 point jump in attack so I figure it's worth it. Though now that I look at it I need 3 azure rath scales. No matter, I'll be keeping an eye out for him from now on.

On topic does anyone besides me need the tanzia fight with Rath and Rathalos to get into HR? I figured I'd ask since it seems like it'd be annoying to do alone.

Top Bottom