• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT2| "OT" means Official Thread!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm gonna make a room at the usual place. Need some help running my gf through her goldbeard urgent.

382377_10100810692847438_59243635_n.jpg

Why do you have 3 Wii's? Nvm, looks like 1 Wii and 2 WiiU. White WiiU looks a lot like white Wii.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kyzon, I'll be in in a bit.

Btw, almost done with HR6 but I'm starting to take real damage. Any earlyG Rank gear I should farm to make myself more useful? (I'm not sure I want to farm Goldbeard)

CPCunha

Wish i could help Kyzon, but i need help myself getting HR5 done... anyone up to the task? i Want burn through those key-quests fast so bring your OP G-Rank gear!

Does sleeping at the camp have any downsides, such monsters recovering or the like?

no, not that I've experienced. you probably will have to sometimes as you'll run out of potions like I did. G rank Plessy is currently manhandling me so I had ran out of healing items a lot facing him so I sleep a lot, so yea sleep away!!!

Is anyone interested in hunting the Giant R. Duramboros?

If so, I have a room called: GIANTEVENT (target: Red Duramboros) in G Rank A Room.
No password.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really need to build starter G Rank gear before I venture further into G Rank. How easy is G Rank Jaggi to solo with HR gear?

thetrin

I used Rath Soul for until I started doing Rank 8 quests.

Yeah, I may just upgrade my Zinogre gear some more and keep on moving. Do need to make more upgrade spheres, though. I'm going to farm some Hvy Armor spheres and see where it takes me.

Honestly, I hadn't had a hard time up until last night, but I just had a particularly shitty run last night where I carted twice due to bad luck, and it really pissed me off. I think I just need to upgrade my armor a little bit. Mostly I'd been able to avoid damage, but a string of stuns and annoying hits made me realize I'm just low on defense when things go sour. Time to farm!

thetrin

Well, I upgraded some, and I think I should be fine for a bit.

Would love some help with the last few HR6 quests, if anyone is up for it.

To the person that asked about the map, if you touch the map it should show the whole thing.

The map isn't on the touch screen :) I can change it by holding R down after press Start, and that zooms it out, but its still only displaying one room at a time. Even on the loading screen, it shows one room at a time, not all of them.

If I goto the Woods without a quest active, it will display all of the rooms when you zoom out. So, its just locked to room view when in quests?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The map isn't on the touch screen :) I can change it by holding R down after press Start, and that zooms it out, but its still only displaying one room at a time. Even on the loading screen, it shows one room at a time, not all of them.

If I goto the Woods without a quest active, it will display all of the rooms when you zoom out. So, its just locked to room view when in quests?
Sounds like you're simply missing the map item, grab it out of the blue supply box in the starting area of each map.

So Silver Rathalos's weak point is his wings. How do i reach his wings with hammer? Do i hammer hism till he dizzies then work on the wings? There's gotta be a better way! Advice guys?

Seik

Banned
Just bought the game today and played a solid 4 hours. I'll probably end up using a great sword, for old times sake. (That's what I was when I was playing MH1 abusively.)

I'm going to build a descent character before jumping online. Good to see there seems to be a lot of GAFers in! :D

Made this for fun. XD

59e2A1a.png

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So Silver Rathalos's weak point is his wings. How do i reach his wings with hammer? Do i hammer hism till he dizzies then work on the wings? There's gotta be a better way! Advice guys?
When I tried hammering him I just went for the legs, charge lvl 2 for the wings. Hammer's kind of nerfed against silver/gold because their heads resist even purple sharpness, so your only way to knock them out is with charge lvl 3 super pounds that have ESP. Much less damage and efficient than triple pounds that would connect otherwise.

Mileena

Banned
There's gotta be a better to hammer Silver Rathalos! MOAR TIPS!

Hit his face. It was my understanding that hammer is the best weapon for the Raths. Just smash dat face. Lightning hammer works well too btw.

guess I don't notice bouncing off his head with the Jhen set :p

thetrin

Ah do you have to grab that? Makes sense, cheers!

Yep. Once you start High Rank, you won't be starting at camp all the time (the game drops you in a random zone), so you sometimes won't have a map to figure out where you are.

Yep. Once you start High Rank, you won't be starting at camp all the time (the game drops you in a random zone), so you sometimes won't have a map to figure out where you are.

Low rank starts you at the camp with a box full of supplies.

High rank drops you at a random point on the map. Back at camp, the box contains torches and maps but no other supplies. (supplies will be delivered eventually though)

G rank drops you at a random point on the map and the box is empty. (supplies will be delivered eventually)

I really miss the maps in G rank. Three plus years of playing and still can't find shit.

thetrin

Low rank starts you at the camp with a box full of supplies.

High rank drops you at a random point on the map. Back at camp, the box contains torches and maps but no other supplies. (supplies will be delivered eventually though)

G rank drops you at a random point on the map and the box is empty. (supplies will be delivered eventually)

I really miss the maps in G rank. Three plus years of playing and still can't find shit.

I just follow everyone else. :p

I'm going to make some food in a bit, but is anyone up for doing the last couple quests of HR6 with me after I'm done?

Disguises

Just finished Ivory Lagiacrus offline

Oh wow @ that final cutscene. Totally surprised me when I saw it was the original MHTri opening cutscene. Nice little touch for the Tri players :).

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Sand Barioth riding the sand tornado to attack is so badass.
no, not that I've experienced. you probably will have to sometimes as you'll run out of potions like I did. G rank Plessy is currently manhandling me so I had ran out of healing items a lot facing him so I sleep a lot, so yea sleep away!!!
Ah, good to know. I've reached the point where I'm running out of every potion I bring in, so I really need this.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I love it when Cha-Cha and Kayamba carve exactly what I want. Case in point: I needed 2 S. Barioth Tails for a weapon upgrade, so I cut off his tail but carve the wrong drop. Both Cha-Cha and Kayambra, on the other hand, were able to carve one each. So proud of my boys.
l498kkn.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I love it when Cha-Cha and Kayamba carve exactly what I want. Case in point: I needed 2 S. Barioth Tails for a weapon upgrade, so I cut off his tail but I carved the wrong drop. Both Cha-Cha and Kayambra, however, were able to carve one each. So proud of my boys.
l498kkn.gif

I've noticed that too, except only Cha-cha carves useful stuff. Just when I think the desire sensor has gotten me again, I check Cha-cha and he has exactly what I need. From A.Rath tails to Jho fangs. I love that little dude.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Does "Gathering" skills for the two affect carves or just crap laying around, as is the case with felyne skills?* Because I have both equipped with masks that focus on frequent gathering plus equipping them both with the gathering ability.

* (Gatherer, Woodsman, and Fisher all have the obvious distinct differences)

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The only gathering skill that affects carves (other than carver) is speed gathering, which makes you carve faster and lets you get all the carves easily on large monsters like jhen.

Haunted

Heading online in 10 minutes, doing anything from Low to G-rank (personally, I'll be trying to finish off those pesky adv quests).

Does ChaCha only start with the weird (awesome) quotes when you reach high rank, or did I just not notice earlier?
Quotes during quests are determined by mask.

Ancient Mask makes him talk like an old man, Kebap and grill mask has him doing food-related puns etc etc

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You sure it's not Bullfango or Rhenloplos?
Those are bad, but at least you know they're coming. Popo act innocent but I keep getting headbutted or stomped on from off screen. The worst is when you knock over an enemy and want to go for its head, but a giant popo is in the way and either blocks it completely or by the time you walk around it you've lost precious damage.

thetrin

You sure it's not Bullfango or Rhenloplos?

I find Bullfango way more annoying than Rhenoplos, despite the fact that they both bull rush. I think it's because Bullfango seems to be in my way more than Rhenoplos.

Opening a room to get some HR6 done. Anyone welcome. (usual place, usual pass)

Top Bottom