• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0ckman

The real trolls are in HR and higher.If you just started it, it's not something you'll notice until the monsters get harder and it becomes easier to tell how dumb some people are.

Well I typically solo and only go online for farming or killing annoying monsters fast. Just got to HR7 so far no trolls. How do I bring in people for urgent quest?

bobohoro

Edit: Just tested on an expedition and in-fight controls are no different. Panic run or no, weapon drawn or no, right after swing or stab attack or no, they work in the direction I push. Even the superman dive will go the completely opposite direction that I'm running, so it seems momentum has no meaning to LS. Camera position or recent changes or monster attacks also don't seem to affect it at all. I'm perfectly willing to believe the controls are a bit buggy and function in relation to character sometimes.

Weird. Like I wrote, I just theorized, I never really had problems with evasive maneuvers and directions myself, the momentum thing was just the only reasonable explanation I could come up with. But with this, I guess your conclusion of wonky camera controls and input readings might be the closest to the truth. If I get around to it tonight I'll try to mess with it a bit myself and see if I can find anything on it.

Nohar

Well, just unlocked Felyne and Melynx++. Dual Blades, 280 Attack, 280 Paralysis. Also unlocked the skill which grants Sharpness +1 and Attack up.

G rank monsters, here I come.

ugoo18

Edgemaster is Attack up L and Sharpness +1 in 1 skill. You can make a pretty good Edgemaster set with the following:

Gold Rajang Chest
Rusted Kushala Arm
Gold Rajang Waist
Rathalos X Greaves

This gives you Edgemaster, and a lot of slots to work with. Additionally, you can use whichever helmet you like to help add in extra skills. It's what I'm using now. Just note that Gold Rajang is a seriously tough monster and frustrated me a lot when trying to farm him.

Alright, any idea about Seregios weapons?

Leezard

Momentum doesn't seem to play a role with LS 95% of the time. It can do crazy changes of direction. Also I'm not using the n3DS so I don't have an analog nub.

Sideways should default to the sideways roll that it can do, not the opposite direction of the one that it can't, just like it does all the time in open practice. In fact, it can go from running toward the camera to diving up-right just like I wanted to in the fight. If there are special controls that change only when you're in battle, that is incredibly stupid. I'm pretty sure it is just a bug that makes it function according to the character instead of the camera.

I think I'll go fight a monster now to see if it does change when you're fighting a big monster that is targeted.

Edit: Just tested on an expedition and in-fight controls are no different. Panic run or no, weapon drawn or no, right after swing or stab attack or no, they work in the direction I push. Even the superman dive will go the completely opposite direction that I'm running, so it seems momentum has no meaning to LS. Camera position or recent changes or monster attacks also don't seem to affect it at all. I'm perfectly willing to believe the controls are a bit buggy and function in relation to character sometimes.

Did you check in the options? I think there's an option that determines whether you dodge relative to the direction of the camera or the direction of the character.

edit: reading the rest of your post, it seems really strange. I have encountered nothing like it.

Dalamadur is such a shitty fight, during what I can only assume was the last phase all he did was move his claws back and forth and summon a constant insufferable rain of meteors from the sky while shooting energy balls at everyone, before that it was okay because you had opportunities to attack him but we stood no chance in that final phase.

krossj

Just reached HR7. Having a look through the quests now available it looks like this is when things get crazy. Looking forward to my first battle with a Rajang.

CrovaxPSO

Can anyone suggest a good armor set to work toward after Tetsucabra (using long sword)? I've been using that for a while with the defense skill boosted up to M from decorations, but I think I'd be better off with a different set of skills, maybe something more offensive, just not sure what to look for. Is using a Brachydios weapon with the matching armor set any good? I'm just about rank 4 with the guild quests, and just reached the
cat island
offline.

Kinsei

Banned
Can anyone suggest a good armor set to work toward after Tetsucabra (using long sword)? I've been using that for a while with the defense skill boosted up to M from decorations, but I think I'd be better off with a different set of skills, maybe something more offensive, just not sure what to look for. Is using a Brachydios weapon with the matching armor set any good? I'm just about rank 4 with the guild quests, and just reached the
cat island
offline.

You're better off waiting until HR5 so you can make Tigrex S if you want something offensive.

I have an hour to kill. I'm still wrapping up HR1 quests so I'm going to be doing some gathering and hunting. If anyone wants to join me the room is 63-2606-4596-3391 password is 5558. I'm Khory in Monster Hunter.

Edit: Bah, there's not much of a notification system when somebody enters while you're on a quest. Sorry Kuntz, didn't see you come in.

Cerity

Momentum doesn't seem to play a role with LS 95% of the time. It can do crazy changes of direction. Also I'm not using the n3DS so I don't have an analog nub.

Sideways should default to the sideways roll that it can do, not the opposite direction of the one that it can't, just like it does all the time in open practice. In fact, it can go from running toward the camera to diving up-right just like I wanted to in the fight. If there are special controls that change only when you're in battle, that is incredibly stupid. I'm pretty sure it is just a bug that makes it function according to the character instead of the camera.

I think I'll go fight a monster now to see if it does change when you're fighting a big monster that is targeted.

Check your camera orientation setting, there's a setting so that up on the circle pad is up in relation to the camera and there's another setting where up is up in relation to your character.

You have free movement with your weapon sheathed, but with it out those settings come into effect.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Check your camera orientation setting, there's a setting so that up on the circle pad is up in relation to the camera and there's another setting where up is up in relation to your character.

You have free movement with your weapon sheathed, but with it out those settings come into effect.
I have said like 5 times that I experimented with these settings.

MattyG

Banned
Just played this for about 3 minutes on someone's New 3DS... I need it. Both a New 3DS and MH3U. The 3DS will have to wait, but I'm getting MH right meow.

HR 1 here. Kind of new at the series, played 80 or so hours between U3 and U4. Trying to hunt some of the big monsters near the start of the game. Anyone want to join me?

24-5586-9565-4325

tuffy

Is it harder to trap or kill?
More things have to come together at once in order to trap successfully, but one can cut several minutes off a hunt if both the trap and tranq steps are pulled off successfully. Killing is more foolproof, but you'll need to do more damage.

Cerity

I have said like 5 times that I experimented with these settings.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I kinda get what you mean and it happens to me sometimes but I always end up putting it down to me pressing evade before I apply any direction on the circle pad.

Is it harder to trap or kill?

You'll get to a point where it's easier to trap. That last 15% or whatever of the monsters health can be hell.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lmao stun locked rathalos through all of my caig shots, left for a second to craft more, then came back and did it more until it died. zinogre (mostly put down w/ pellet2) + rath mission done in 12mins. artillery god w/ caig repeater too sronk.

Kinsei

Banned
Even easier if you've got Capture Guru and Trap Master, Nerscylla S is a good choice for a High Rank set of you prefer to capture (for better rewards).

I really wish this myth about capturing giving you better rewards would die out. Capping gives you DIFFERENT rewards and they're not always better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom