• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

Speaking of tackling things single-player, I just noticed that the monsters that show up in the 6 star Caravan quests when you hit HR7 are the same ones that show up in the Guild quests. It's a tailor-made for practicing on them solo before going into multiplayer.

I, for one, would rather be the "stand back everybody, I got this" hunter online than the "I have no idea what I'm doing" hunter.
Yep, not mentioning that you started on base camp with full supply. In my experience in 3U, the jump from LR to HR really shakes me. Guess Capcom really serious making MH4U newbie friendly.

Airan

Im getting tired of trying to get his horn.... Both break and all are horn pluses,!!

My cousin who's my hunting buddy received 2 ghoulish horns over 6 agonizingly long hunts before I got my first one. On the flipside, I have obtained 6 Nyctgems (once I got 2 in one go!) while he has to date received none. I don't even need them, so... :p

Keep at it, if you're doing the HR7 one, end via subquest to make the grind less painful.

My cousin who's my hunting buddy received 2 ghoulish horns over 6 agonizingly long hunts before I got my first one. On the flipside, I have obtained 6 Nyctgems (once I got 2 in one go!) while he has to date received none. I don't even need them, so... :p

Keep at it, if you're doing the HR7 one, end via subquest to make the grind less painful.

...I'm a fucking idiot. Why didn't I think of this. Anyone want to help me break HR7 Rajang's horns over and over and end via subquest when I get back from lunch? I also need high rank Molten Tigrex, and I will also do whatever you want (up to G2, which is what I am). We'll alternate putting quests up.

Beats

...I'm a fucking idiot. Why didn't I think of this. Anyone want to help me break HR7 Rajang's horns over and over and end via subquest when I get back from lunch? I also need high rank Molten Tigrex, and I will also do whatever you want (up to G2, which is what I am). We'll alternate putting quests up.

I'll help out.

Airan

Don't worry, someone here posted a vid of a JP player doing the 'end via subquest' trick, so that's how I knew. Before that I was taking years to slay one, didn't even break both horns on those attempts :D

Shengar

I'M ONLY 26. COME AT ME, BRO.

Yes this means I was 15 when I was playing the first MH. I was a badass great sword user in a game that was about lance headlocking.
I'm just a boy who watched his brother getting his ass kicked by Rathalos at that time. Know MH since 2004, only able to muster my courage to play it 9 years later

Skrams

It's fun going back to a Great Jaggi and finding I can kill one in 3 minutes. At least the caravan quest. The one in the gathering hall takes a little longer. I also have been doing this for the king's frill because I've realized I have enough sockets to also put in 5 stun gems.

I probably should of asked this before killing 5 great jaggis, but is there anything useful I can get through gems/skills that would be better than Stun? I'm a GS user with the Valkyrie Blade and almost all of the Ceanataur set. I figure I'll make the stun for now to see how it works out and I only need one more king's frill anyway. I just wonder if I should be working towards something like Attack or something else I've overlooked instead.

Also in terms of where I am in questing, next thing I need to do is kill Gravios for airship stuff.

Edit- Oh god, I'm an idiot. I only now looked at what stun is. I only just assumed stun meant stun on my weapon. Not reduction of stun. I'm feeling pretty dumb right now.

Xater

Hmm trying to figure out which weapon I wanna go with for now. I loved the great sword in MH3U, but I also feel like I might wanna try a gunner weapon this time around.

I'll lend a hand.

Fandangox

Okay so couple of questions about the new Athena's ASS since it seems is not fully translated yet.

Artillery Master = Artillery God, I am presuming.

Also the set it gave has G parts for all armor pieces except the Artian Mail S.

But looking at Kiranico Artian Mail X is exactly the same, just with some more skill points, and the higher defense.

Why did I get S as a result instead of X?

ohlawd

what is up with Teostra bringing the worst out of people

had a jackass stay in the lobby the entire time (they were the host so no kicking), so three of us went. first guy carted one minute in then left

argh, one gem. All I ask. I see more HR lobbies dammit. I'll just farm that.

MegaMelon

Still waitin on some people who are competent for gogmazios. So many people just flat out don't know what they're doing. Maybe if more than 1 person joins my current room I'll fare better.

Infinite

Fighting dalamadaur is so exhausting. The game won't even give me one of its most common drops too. Need three additional pectus to finish the chest part of its armor

Pierate

You guys have any tips for breaking monster parts as an SnS user? Not much trouble killing stuff yet, no luck with breaking any parts though.

Shiina

Fighting dalamadaur is so exhausting. The game won't even give me one of its most common drops too. Need three additional pectus to finish the chest part of its armor

Never mind, it's upper body carving and breaking the breast that gives you a chance at them.

la_briola

You guys have any tips for breaking monster parts as an SnS user? Not much trouble killing stuff yet, no luck with breaking any parts though.

Focus on one part, like a horn, a good way is to use Bombs after a mount or while using a trap, or if your SnS has sleep/para.

edit: and what Infinite is saying.

burgerdog

what is up with Teostra bringing the worst out of people

had a jackass stay in the lobby the entire time (they were the host so no kicking), so three of us went. first guy carted one minute in then left

argh, one gem. All I ask. I see more HR lobbies dammit. I'll just farm that.

Teostra g rank? I can join you many hours from now when I'm out of work. Maybe we can get a group going?

Infinite

Attack the legs to make the monster trip then begin trying to break the part you need once the monster is on their back. In addition you are going to want to mount as frequently as you with an sns as the weapon is pretty good for that, for additional downs.

ohlawd

Teostra g rank? I can join you many hours from now when I'm out of work. Maybe we can get a group going?

nah I'm done now lol. G rank Teo hits too hard for some people, going by their def value >_>

first HR group I joined got me a gem

next up, Ukanlos farming oh boy.

Man. Brute Tigrex certainly lives up to its name, what with that roar of his. Easy to avoid until it was close to death, but I captured him.

But I think I finally hit a wall in the caravan quests.

Even with HR Seltas armor, and a defense Wystone, I got carted twice by Frenzy Brachy in around 3 minutes. Had to end via sub-quest.

Kinsei

Banned
Man. Brute Tigrex certainly lives up to its name, what with that roar of his. Easy to avoid until it was close to death, but I captured him.

Even with HR Seltas armor, and a defense Wystone, I got carted twice in around 3 minutes. Had to end via sub-quest.

What monster?

la_briola

Even with HR Seltas armor, and a defense Wystone, I got carted twice by Frenzy Brachy in around 3 minutes. Had to end via sub-quest.

You will love Molten Tigrex. :lol

Pierate

Focus on one part, like a horn, a good way is to use Bombs after a mount or while using a trap, or if your SnS has sleep/para.

edit: and what Infinite is saying.

Attack the legs to make the monster trip then begin trying to break the part you need once the monster is on their back. In addition you are going to want to mount as frequently as you with an sns as the weapon is pretty good for that, for additional downs.

Great tips guys, was able to break seltas horn without too much trouble this time.

King_Moc

Banned

I died to Frenzy Brachydios once, then killed him fairly easy. Just avoid standing in front of him, circle him from a distance and pick your shots. He has fairly low hp I think, so you can whittle him down over time. I de-zoned to heal, as he attacks so fast, it's hard to reliably do it mid-fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom