• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking a part basically gives you another chance to get the part you want. Breaking the wings will most likely get you a wing. Try that. Shiny drops are a whole different thing. They have they're own seperate precentages and most of the time they're wyvern/beast tears but rarely they are super rare parts like rubies or plates.

Thanks! I'll try battering the wing with my CB and see what happens.

Seil said:
Break and capture rewards are given at the reward screen in the bottom part of the box. Breaking a part will roll a single drop. Capturing, without a skill that changes this rate, will give you 2 drops guaranteed and a 6X% chance of a third I believe. So, if you break the wings and back you have a 30% chance and a 90% chance in two different drops. If you cap it, you have 2.6-ish chances at 12%

Wow, that's complicated. Thanks though not sure I fully understand it.

How do I even know if I've broken the wing?

Seil

Thanks! I'll try battering the wing with my CB and see what happens.

Wow, that's complicated. Thanks though not sure I fully understand it.

How do I even know if I've broken the wing?
The wings should look beaten and tattered. There's always a visual representation for breaks. Some breaks require a pair of separate parts be broken to count as well, such as two front claws. Breaking one won't get a drop but both will in those cases.

Unicorn

The wings should look beaten and tattered. There's always a visual representation for breaks. Some breaks require a pair of separate parts be broken to count as well, such as two front claws. Breaking one won't get a drop but both will in those cases.

That and there is almost always a flinch after a break.

TheExodu5

Banned
Up to HR3 in multiplayer. Nerscylla seems alright, but I might look into making a new set. Also looking to making a Dios hunting horn...but the songs seem really terrible. Any advice on what I should aim for for armor/HH?

Being at G1 sucks when you want to farm a monster but you can't find it since you need to do other quests first. In my case I want Diablos but since i'm not there yet I can't search him out. Not that I have time to do it now but still.

jorgejjvr

Wait, if Chameleos is extremely peaceful and tries to avoid combat at all costs (fighting only when it needs to), why the hell would the guild need to hunt it in the first place?

-Alternis

Ken

Wait, if Chameleos is extremely peaceful and tries to avoid combat at all costs (fighting only when it needs to), why the hell would the guild need to hunt it in the first place?

-Alternis

Cause he's a thief!

And the penalty for thievery is death.

Renewed

Cleared Caravaneer's Challenge, so I guess it's on to gathering hall. Gonna get through as much as I can solo, because not feeling multi.

Read previous post. If you want we can meet up and I'll post for you.

-Alternis

The both of us are Gold Crown.

We dont need HR parts, i was referring to the G3 stuff.

crimson is a simple fight of constantly dodging to stay at his side i found.

From what i remember of White from Unite, he flies way more. Is he in the ice ukantor arena like crimson is in the lava i wonder.

So, I just beat Akantor in the Caravan 6* Urgent quests, and now I don't see any more LR quests - I have a gold check for 1-5*, and a blue check in 6*, and no urgents showing. However, there are quests in Kiranico that I haven't played yet (Kusha and Caraveener's Challenge).
I talked to everyone in all the towns. I am HR7 online. What am I missing to get more quests?

So, I just beat Akantor in the Caravan 6* Urgent quests, and now I don't see any more LR quests - I have a gold check for 1-5*, and a blue check in 6*, and no urgents showing. However, there are quests in Kiranico that I haven't played yet (Kusha and Caraveener's Challenge).
I talked to everyone in all the towns. I am HR7 online. What am I missing to get more quests?

Talk to the Grand Guru in Cathar

Leezard

Did you talk to the elder in Cathar? You need to enter his room to see his yellow text bubble.

ilium

Thanks for the hunts! The Chameleos challenge was interesting but easier than what I expected. We did well.

yea, it went really well. my first time was a bit more difficult. but i love the challenge, feels more like Monster Hunter than Monster Slayer..

Ken

The both of us are Gold Crown.

We dont need HR parts, i was referring to the G3 stuff.

crimson is a simple fight of constantly dodging to stay at his side i found.

From what i remember of White from Unite, he flies way more. Is he in the ice ukantor arena like crimson is in the lava i wonder.

Join sosul's room~

thefil

Question for all you big fans after watching a bit of the original Monster Hunter on YouTube. I've been playing Monster Hunter (on and off) since Portable, and as far as I can tell, there have only been two major advancements in the core hunting:

+ fixing the hitboxes in *fix*Tri*fix*
+ adding the verticality and jumping in 4

You might also count the swimming in 3, but that was removed in 4. They've also added plenty of ancillary things, like more weapons, farming/Wycoon, additional story framing for the village/caravan, and so on.

I'm not saying the gameplay is stale by any means, and I love the series. I'm just wondering if others feel the same way. Is this just a game that's timeless, and more of the same thing within the same structure is enough to keep it fresh? Or are there some big steps game to game that I'm missing?

Ken

Question for all you big fans after watching a bit of the original Monster Hunter on YouTube. I've been playing Monster Hunter (on and off) since Portable, and as far as I can tell, there have only been two major advancements in the core hunting:

+ fixing the hitboxes in 2nd G

You might also count the swimming in 3, but that was removed in 4. They've also added plenty of ancillary things, like more weapons, farming/Wycoon, additional story framing for the village/caravan, and so on.

I'm not saying the gameplay is stale by any means, and I love the series. I'm just wondering if others feel the same way. Is this just a game that's timeless, and more of the same thing within the same structure is enough to keep it fresh? Or are there some big steps game to game that I'm missing?

I think the basic mechanics just feel good to execute.

+ fixing the hitboxes in 2nd G

Hitboxes weren't fixed until 3. I played MHFU which was 2ndG (and incidentally, I also imported 2nd G), and the hitboxes were not fixed. Plesioth's hipchecks still hit you while you were in base camp.

To answer the main part of the question, there is no comparison as far as feel of combat.

So many hunting games have come out in the past decade and none of them feel half as good as Monster Hunter. The sense of weight and impact always seems downplayed in those games or they have other combat gimmicks that just don't feel as good. That is why I keep coming back to Monster Hunter.

Edit: Also, as far as "core" additions, take note the original Monster Hunter didn't have any concept of armor skills.

That was a huge addition.

thefil

Hitboxes weren't fixed until 3. I played MHFU which was 2ndG (and incidentally, I also imported 2nd G), and the hitboxes were not fixed. Plesioth's hipchecks still hit you while you were in base camp.

Edit: Also, as far as "core" additions, take note the original Monster Hunter didn't have any concept of armor skills.

That was a huge addition.

Sorry, you were totally right about the hitboxes. I had a braindead moment when I said 2nd G.

Didn't know there were no armor skills in the original! That's a huge change, and really cements the importance of 2 Portable (which still feels to me like the classic game in the series).

Ursn

Does anyone know if there is an updated version of this?

Lg0Rf0m.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom