• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Leezard

Huh, didn't know that. Tripping hammers doing their combo is terrible. Getting the golf swing on the head does ridiculous stun and raw damage, and of course it's so satisfying. Makes you extra annoyed when you could have had it but didn't because someone got too close.

Actually, didn't Gaijin Hunter say something about the hammer having super armor on its combo? Now that I think about it I remember him saying something along the lines of potentially using the side smack as the first hit because its faster animation makes the super armor last until the golf swing starts.

I actually don't mind at all when hammers or other weapons launch me. The arms flailing animation honestly gets a chuckle out of me every time.

That is interesting. I'll have to try it out some time. I am mostly ignoring the A attacks when I play hammer.

Shengar

Side Smack (A) will give you super armor for the entire golf swing combo. AXX combo deal less damage IRC but it gives you super armor throughout it.

Wolfe

I actually don't mind at all when hammers or other weapons launch me. The arms flailing animation honestly gets a chuckle out of me every time.

Plus you can actually recover now! Not like before when you were just fucked until the 'getting back up' animation finished. Always confuses me when I see people get launched and not attacking while they're in the air.

Shengar

Plus you can actually recover now! Not like before when you were just fucked until the 'getting back up' animation finished. Always confuses me when I see people get launched and not attacking while they're in the air.
I just played 3U online this morning and whenever a GS user launch me into the air, I always hopelessly smash A.

Renewed

I just played 3U online this morning and whenever a GS user launch me into the air, I always hopelessly smash A.

Some of that helplessness is still around though. GS user launched me (another GS user) while Gog was firing beam. Landed right in it and died.

Rawk Hawk

Side Smack (A) will give you super armor for the entire golf swing combo. AXX combo deal less damage IRC but it gives you super armor throughout it.

Yea less damage but I think more stun, iirc the side smack has more stun than the first x attack, so with super armor throughout and better stun, has been my go to combo. With about 20 hammer fights under my belt I need as much stun as I can.. Still not very good at hitting everyone's head.

Probably going to hop on in a little bit if another is playing, if not I'll post a room for random fun.

And this is why I'm scared of that Cryengine MH in the off chance it somehow comes to America. It's going to be missing all the verticality I've come to love.

upandaway

O-oh, I um, I ran out of caravan quests? There's still blue v's but I looked everywhere and there's nothing to unlock. I guess the rest are tied to guild quests?

This is a weird feeling. I.... I ran out of quests. Huh.

Leezard

O-oh, I um, I ran out of caravan quests? There's still blue v's but I looked everywhere and there's nothing to unlock. I guess the rest are tied to guild quests?

Yeah, to unlock the last low rank caravan quests you need to be HR7+, to unlock the last high rank caravan quests you need G3+ I think.

Unless you forgot to speak with the Cathar elder.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

pretty sure the v's are white and gold

twelver

Can anyone suggest a good setup for gogma armor for dual swords or switch Axe? I got the mats to make but having a hard time figuring Deco's out with my charms available. Thanks.

Shengar

And this is why I'm scared of that Cryengine MH in the off chance it somehow comes to America. It's going to be missing all the verticality I've come to love.

You know the desert part area in Sandy Plain? There is little sandy ramp and I subconsciously try to run over it and do jump attack, only to meet Jho's tail slam afterward lol
Verticality isn't just about mounting attack, but environment as well. While I think 3U's area more aesthetically pleasing, they're flat as a board, making them really boring to look at.

Also, when'll you gonna play again? I need reason to change my 3DS cart to MH4U.

You know the desert part area in Sandy Plain? There is little sandy ramp and I subconsciously try to run over it and do jump attack, only to meet Jho's tail slam afterward lol
Verticality isn't just about mounting attack, but environment as well. While I think 3U's area more aesthetically pleasing, they're flat as a board, making them really boring to look at.

Also, when'll you gonna play again? I need reason to change my 3DS cart to MH4U.

Classes are killing me. So is work. I've been clearing stupid quests like "kill 8 remobras" and the stupid harvest tours in low rank and high rank online solo, but I don't really have time for long sessions right now.

jorgejjvr

What causes the camera to zoom out noticeably further during a hunt? How can you set it back? Like, the hunter looks smaller and everything looks weird.

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

Doesn't that only happen when Najarala circles you? It helps you keep track of your character.

It happened against a Kushala Daora. The screen seemed disproportionate and stretched, everything in general was smaller. It's happened against chameleos too.

-Alternis

cheesekao

It happened against a Kushala Daora. The screen seemed disproportionate and stretched, everything in general was smaller. It's happened against chameleos too.

-Alternis
If I'm not mistaken, that happens only when a monster greatly obstructs your view so the camera zooms out so that you can keep track of your character. I don't think there's an option to turn it off.

I want to make the Storge S set, but I'm missing the S.Magala Phosgem. Over the past 3 days I have killed it 14 times. Just how rare is that gem?

High Shagaru Magala Body Carve 2%
High Shagaru Magala Tail Carve 3%
High Shagaru Magala Shiny Drops 2%
High Shagaru Magala Break Horn 3%
G Shagaru Magala Body Carve 4%
G Shagaru Magala Tail Carve 5%
G Shagaru Magala Shiny Drops 3%
G Shagaru Magala Break Horn 5%

jorgejjvr

If I'm not mistaken, that happens only when a monster greatly obstructs your view so the camera zooms out so that you can keep track of your character. I don't think there's an option to turn it off.

High Shagaru Magala Body Carve 2%
High Shagaru Magala Tail Carve 3%
High Shagaru Magala Shiny Drops 2%
High Shagaru Magala Break Horn 3%
G Shagaru Magala Body Carve 4%
G Shagaru Magala Tail Carve 5%
G Shagaru Magala Shiny Drops 3%
G Shagaru Magala Break Horn 5%

Yeah, it did happen in a corner against Kushala Daora. It took FOREVER to get back to normal. Imagine doing an entire hunt with the camera angle of Najarlala circling you. Ugh...

-Alternis

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Drunk Monster Hunter during the Toronto-Age meetup was pretty great. Apparently drinking a lot disables the desire sensor, because everyone was overflowing with gems and mantles.

Airan

I'm almost certain the game is using my weapon usage rankings in my guild card to determine what weapon types to drop in GQs. I'm currently 600+ CB uses, 60+ IG and <5 Swaxe and every GQ with IG/Swaxe/CB bias always drops a shitton of Swaxes and one IG, never any CBs. :mad:

Shengar

Classes are killing me. So is work. I've been clearing stupid quests like "kill 8 remobras" and the stupid harvest tours in low rank and high rank online solo, but I don't really have time for long sessions right now.
That sucks since I'm really looking forward for another 4 hours session :(

I'm G3 bronze crown but still no Apex Monsters when do they unlock? i need zenith gems

You need to kill specific numbers of the kind of monster you're trying to unlock. For example (and this number may not be accurate, since I'm just giving you an example), 30 total gravios/black gravios to unlock Apex Gravios.

You need to kill specific numbers of the kind of monster you're trying to unlock. For example (and this number may not be accurate, since I'm just giving you an example), 30 total gravios/black gravios to unlock Apex Gravios.

Damn I see I'm still trying to think of what pink rating armor to get so many choices in 3U I went with G Miralis here I'm thinking maybe Gogma it looks badass

Still grinding the Sharga Mangala if anybody wants to join.

26-8779-9441-1367
Pass: 0001

2 spots open

EDIT: Never mind, I'm going to try to increase my rank.

And I just had to farm one Allfire stone in order to build the BaiBaiKaiser set. That was out of the blue, didn't even have to fight more Teostra.

Now to get the right gems.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I love Monster Hunter
vjcsYcE.jpg

Top Bottom