• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Did you get any help for it?

We only had three that time. Got pretty far but couldn't seal the deal.

Tip guys: Use the restraints once he starts flying. There's no point in just shooting them when he's lumbering along the ground. Also, the dragonator that pops off him is one time use only, so make sure it's worth it before triggering.

Okay this game finally clicked for me. I'm hooked. I'm even considering buying a New 3DS just for the c stick and better textures.

But I just got my first trap quest and this type of quest was what killed the fun for me in MH3U. Any tips?

Okay this game finally clicked for me. I'm hooked. I'm even considering buying a New 3DS just for the c stick and better textures.

But I just got my first trap quest and this type of quest was what killed the fun for me in MH3U. Any tips?
Bring Tranq bombs traps and don't hit the monster too much when he is tired just wait and see if he limps if he does trap and Tranq him

Tip guys: Use the restraints once he starts flying. There's no point in just shooting them when he's lumbering along the ground. Also, the dragonator that pops off him is one time use only, so make sure it's worth it before triggering.

Sorry I had to run. Was running late for a wedding. Also sorry I didn't eat for fire res. I just got new armor and went from +20 to -20. Derp.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual

Take 2 traps and 4 tranq bombs just in case ;) just then I had a geoprey knock me down right as I was going to use my bombs and I missed my chance.

Faiz

Early on in 4U the monster will almost always go to its rest area to sleep before you can kill it. If it starts limping just let it go. Chances are good in low rank especially it will go straight to the rest area and sleep. Then just plant the trap at the monsters feet, and as soon as the trap goes off drop two tranq bombs at its feet.

Anyone want to help me power through my last G1 quests? Only need Desert Seltas, Hermitaur, and Tidal Narjala (and the Urgent, of course).

Thanks!

69-9006-8186-9281
Pass: 1111

Wolfe

Okay this game finally clicked for me. I'm hooked. I'm even considering buying a New 3DS just for the c stick and textures.

Improved textures are not really a selling point, in fact I guarantee you won't notice any difference without direct comparison. What you will notice is the reduced load times and the improved framerate.

Edit: whoops, double post.

Omg beat the Great Jaggi in 10 minutes and only lost half my health, yay! Time for some Jaggi armor. Gives me confidence in beating that Kecha Wacha.

cheesekao

This is not good advice. Most of the time, Gog will start flying around the time the demolisher can be activated so you can use that as a baseline as to when not to use the restraints. I forgot how long it takes for the demolisher to activate but you can probably test it out. Using the restraint when he's on the ground can help the cannoneer deal some sick damage to gog if he/she is ready. If all else fails, just run to the next map and wait for like 45 seconds and come back in.

I forget but once you use 1 of the restraints you can't knock him out of the air later right?
You can knock it down with one restraint if you use it quickly. If you let him hover for a while, sometimes even two restraints won't do the job.

But the c stick?
The CPP is better in every way.

never fought g rank Crimson Fatalis and man, it's such a weird fight especially solo. First time I got wrecked in sub 5 minutes since my armor wasn't exactly great against fire but now I'm using Empress X and it's a world of difference.

Prisoner

Omg beat the Great Jaggi in 10 minutes and only lost half my health, yay! Time for some Jaggi armor. Gives me confidence in beating that Kecha Wacha.

Congrats. :)

Kecha is where the game really starts!

The BaiBaiKaiser set is amazing! No wonder every GS user I see has this sick cape and skull face. Now if only I had a FastCharge/Evasion charm...

Yup. I've been waiting for a good fastcharge talisman for weeks to make baibaikaiser, but alas, the game hates me.

Prisoner

Fastcharge+5 is all my talisman has!

I don't even have anything that good. :(

EDIT: You know what, I'm an idiot. For some reason I had the idea that I must have a good fastcharge charm, not considering I can get all the skills I want with a different charm. Still, uka uka u sufficed for my GS needs for a long time.

Beat Kecha Wacha! Granted I got carted but still, did it in under 20 minutes. And without jaggi armor lol. Think I'm slowly getting the hang of this.

Prototype

Just throwing this out there for the new page.

If anyone has any of the following GQ with GS bias :

2x black Diablos
Black Diablos and S. Zin
2x seregios
Seregios and regular diablos

I would love to meet up with you. Started doing double monster quests, and the lower life totals make things go by much quicker. For instance, double Rajang is much easier then single Rajang.

Prisoner

This is why i made an alt. the damn stupid cape.

giphy.gif

Wolfe

But the c stick?

Well obviously the c stick, I just didn't mention it because how could it not be considered an upgrade having the CPP controls built in :p

The CPP is better in every way.

Ehhh maybe ergonomically (button placement wise) but end the end it's still a bulky attachment that protrudes significantly on one side. Much rather deal with the slightly different controls and get to use a proper grip (still waiting on the one I ordered) as while the CPP is nicer than holding the thing naked it still isn't as comfortable as I'd want given the size of my hands.

Although until I can test it out and compare the CPP is hands down the winner when it comes to the shoulder buttons. For MH it's not a big deal considering there's only functionality for 2 buttons (ZR and ZL do the same thing as R and L) but for something like Xenoblade I find myself hitting ZR and ZL when I mean to hit R and or L. Hoping it's mainly just an issue due to the way I have to hold it without a grip.

Shengar

Hori MH4G Slide pad shits all over the standard CPP. Better ergonomic, more symetrical, and claw camera control. I can't imagine playing Regios LBG without it.

cheesekao

Well obviously the c stick, I just didn't mention it because how could it not be considered an upgrade having the CPP controls built in :p

Ehhh maybe ergonomically (button placement wise) but end the end it's still a bulky attachment that protrudes significantly on one side. Much rather deal with the slightly different controls and get to use a proper grip (still waiting on the one I ordered) as while the CPP is nicer than holding the thing naked it still isn't as comfortable as I'd want given the size of my hands.

Although until I can test it out and compare the CPP is hands down the winner when it comes to the shoulder buttons. For MH it's not a big deal considering there's only functionality for 2 buttons (ZR and ZL do the same thing as R and L) but for something like Xenoblade I find myself hitting ZR and ZL when I mean to hit R and or L. Hoping it's mainly just an issue due to the way I have to hold it without a grip.
The thing is the C-stick has one of the worst analogue feedback ever from my experience. The C-stick is more or less an eraser stuck into a circular hole whereas the CPP is the exact same slide-pad as the one on the left side of the 3ds.

Hori MH4G Slide pad shits all over the standard CPP. Better ergonomic, more symetrical, and claw camera control. I can't imagine playing Regios LBG without it.
Is there a New 3DS version of that slide pad?

I could really use some help with my G3 urgent. I ate the right meal this time and everything!

Room 45-1273-1057-5573 if you don't mind.

Edit: One more?

Shengar

Is there a New 3DS version of that slide pad?
Sadly no. I really hope that Hori will make one for n3DS but it is very unlikel. The slide pad is my only reason as of now for not upgrading my 3DSXL. My gunner playstyle revolved around claw camera control and it'll be a very ruds awakening to play without it.

Top Bottom