• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

The Akantor quest hasn't shown up for me in single player...I've made it to the level 9 quests but it hasn't shown up. There isn't anyone I need to talk to and I think I've done all the quests I can at the level that shows up at. Any idea why it's not showing up?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Akantor quest hasn't shown up for me in single player...I've made it to the level 9 quests but it hasn't shown up. There isn't anyone I need to talk to and I think I've done all the quests I can at the level that shows up at. Any idea why it's not showing up?

What HR are you? I think you have to be HR7 for it to show up. I could be thinking of another quest, though.

KimChi

You need to be at least HR7 to unlock it as an urgent for low rank quests. Should give you a bunch of other quests to do as well if you aren't HR7 yet.

MildSoss

You gotta do the cowardly cats quest line I believe. He's the last monster you have to fight.

Wolfe

At least that what people believe. Placebo is one hell of a drug you lnow?

They believe it cause it's true lol, Deviljho is a teddy bear compared to Rajang imo. Plus it feels like they nerfed his dragon breath attack a lot, I remember that shit going clean across the room in 3U but most of the time he uses it in 4U it's barely in front of him. (I just really hate Rajang lol)

Man Xenoblade has totally pulled me out of MH for the moment, I feel like jumping on and doing a few hunts so I don't get too stale. Anyone here?

Faiz

Yeah, I was leaning towards Tetsu X myself. I know a lot of people tend to go with Regios X, but I feel like I need something a bit earlier than that.

I tried to hold out till Regios as well but like you felt I needed something more before that. I'm just not that good haha. Ended up making Najarala X which served well. Wasn't long before I got to Seregios of course, but I think I'd have lost my mind trying to farm a lens in my old HR set.

Shengar

Why did a dude snap at me for having proxy dlc? Did i miss something?

Some people don't accept accessing quest via illegitimate way, that's not new. But I guess they're among the minority since most people either don't understand or just accepting it.

redcrayon

Deviljho is popular around this part, being easier than Rajang as Apex monster.
Rajang is such an arsehole, I struggle with him in his basic G-rank form, let alone as an Apex variant.

It feels so strange that I can wipe the floor with Deviljho and most of the Elder Dragons, even the ones the size of a castle, but the bloody cow-monster beats me up. I think I'm struggling even with his advance across the map (the way he jumps from side to side) as he hits me for massive damage fairly often. Plus spotting openings to get decent damage in with my lance. It feels like I barely graze him compared to the amount of resources I burn through when fighting him. Clearly I need to 'git gud' :D

Not that anyone cares but I'm now soloing my GQ Ruby Basarios at 136. Every time I think 'I can't take him, he's now too tough', I persevere and manage it. It's gone from a five-minute slaughter to a 40-minute epic battle though, the last one with a frenzied Deviljho on my heels the whole way!

redcrayon

I wish more people would bring Lifepowders with them. :( I feel like I usually play the role of party healer.
I wish more brought the odd Dust of Life too. It's there to be used, but it seems like some hunters would rather fail a tough Apex quest after 20 mins than actually use a consumable that has no other purpose and automatically restocks at the Wyseum. In the late game, small amounts of money have little worth as everything you find is so valuable, I really think it's the rpg hoarder's instinct where the idea of even using a common consumable seems to be a waste to some people!

Kudos to hunters using wide-range though.

Tom_Cody

Question:

Is damage scaled differently for the DLC quests?

Last night I was playing with randoms and someone selected "Mario: Oh, Brothers" and those damn Congalalas took forever to kill! I have hunted ~15 high rank Congalalas online and offline and these guys took by far longer than any that I've previously faced. Maybe the people I was playing with were just using bad equipment...

For context, this is the first DLC mission that I've done.

tuffy

Question:

Is damage scaled differently for the DLC quests?

Last night I was playing with randoms and someone selected "Mario: Oh, Brothers" and those damn Congalalas took forever to kill! I have hunted ~15 high rank Congalalas online and offline and these guys took by far longer than any that I've previously faced. Maybe the people I was playing with were just using bad equipment...

For context, this is the first DLC mission that I've done.
Some DLC quests may be more challenging, but those two didn't strike me as being worse than any other pair of high rank Congalalas. I remember a GAF room full of G rank folks mopping the arena floor with them. I'd chalk it up to being in a group that needed more experience or better gear.

Tom_Cody

Some DLC quests may be more challenging, but those two didn't strike me as being worse than any other pair of high rank Congalalas. I remember a GAF room full of G rank folks mopping the arena floor with them. I'd chalk it up to being in a group that needed more experience or better gear.
Ok.

I think they had LR gear so that was probably most of it.

Shengar

Most DLC monster pose higher difficulty than their non-DLC counterpart. I've seen some G Rank people struggling against the Duo Magala quest. Clearly this mission isn't intended to be tackled by non-coordinated team if you only have gear of the appropriate level.

Venfayth

I'm looking for some Firecell stones. Apparently you can gather them from the High version of Volcanic Hollow. How do I know if I'm in the High version?

I'm looking for some Firecell stones. Apparently you can gather them from the High version of Volcanic Hollow. How do I know if I'm in the High version?

High version means you're doing a high ranked quest. That mean rank 4 or above in gathering hall, or rank 7 and above in caravan

Grinding Seregios for a lens is way easier than grinding B. Gravios for a Pallium, it would seem. Downed 3 of them in a half hour last night. Still no Lens, but that was good fun and good money.

Tom_Cody

Most DLC monster pose higher difficulty than their non-DLC counterpart. I've seen some G Rank people struggling against the Duo Magala quest. Clearly this mission isn't intended to be tackled by non-coordinated team if you only have gear of the appropriate level.
I guess I don't have a definitive answer then. They definitely -seemed- to be more resilient than normal.

So, I have everything I need for Regios X except a Lens (big surprise!) Anyone wanna farm some angry pinecones?

ID: 07-9028-2856-9992
pass: 1234

Top Bottom