• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Leezard

God, the sleep charge blade is so powerful. Once I get people to not hit the Monster, I just put it to sleep, let the first hit be the ultra burst, and boom, it makes everything easier. Plus the first two ultras are almost always guaranteed stuns. I'm not going to use it against Jho and Rajang though.

Also the first weapon I own to not fully sharpen up with one whetstone.

-Alternis

Is it the nerscylla one or the gog one?

I'm thinking of trying charge blade next.

jorgejjvr

Is it the nerscylla one or the gog one?

The Nerscylla one. Fully upgraded and honed for defense. I use it so differently from other CB. I get the red shield and 5 phials, and spam X and X+A until it sleeps, then unleash the power and repeat. Once I find it takes too long to sleep (which rarely happens), I use it like any other CB.

-Alternis

God, the sleep charge blade is so powerful. Once I get people to not hit the Monster, I just put it to sleep, let the first hit be the ultra burst, and boom, it makes everything easier. Plus the first two ultras are almost always guaranteed stuns. I'm not going to use it against Jho and Rajang though.

Also the first weapon I own to not fully sharpen up with one whetstone.

-Alternis

I'm witness to this and my god it's like every time you do it it's a insta-ko!

jorgejjvr

How do you get the star Knight armor?

-Alternis

Edit: Does anyone have a quest with armor from Freedom Series C (arms)?

I just want to finish Death Stench armor ;-;

Anyone want to hunt HR Mohran? I need earth gems. >.<

09-0796-5055-1242

Randoms are dying like crazy, they grab the binder and don't use it, press the dragonator way too early... it's hell.

Anyone want to hunt HR Mohran? I need earth gems. >.<

09-0796-5055-1242

Randoms are dying like crazy, they grab the binder and don't use it, press the dragonator way too early... it's hell.

I have the opposite problem hunting HR Mohran with my family, we usually hold off on hitting him in the second phase after blowing up his legs until he reaches the ship because otherwise we'll kill him out-of-bounds. >.< He's so frustratingly weak.

Wanderer5

Okay now I have completed the main story offline.:p Honestly eh I like the final fight for what it was, but as the finale for the story? I don't know, just lack the oomph that Shagaru Magala fight had. Apex Seregios was laughably easy too, through maybe I was a bit lucky heh. Guess overall I not a fan of how the last couple fights were basically tutorials. Last cutscene was awesome through.

*10 is basically G-rank offline quests right?

Renewed

Okay now I have completed the main story offline.:p Honestly eh I like the final fight for what it was, but as the finale for the story? I don't know, just lack the oomph that Shagaru Magala fight had. Apex Seregios was laughably easy too, through maybe I was a bit lucky heh. Guess overall I not a fan of how the last couple fights were basically tutorials. Last cutscene was awesome through.

*10 is basically G-rank offline quests right?

You'll notice the difficulty of a quest when you tab over and look at the requirement to accept (10*, G2*, etc.). But yes, G quests go over to 10* Caravan.

Prototype

Anyone have Black Diablos GQ with GS bias they want to share? I really want one with a other monster, preferably another Black Diablos.

OceanBlue

Any tips for Kushala Daora? Am I basically forced to bring a poison weapon against it? Between the wind, it being in the air all of the time, and the fast projectiles and divebomb it does, I have a lot of trouble fighting it. I need to grind out some Daora parts for a Freeze LBG but I'm having trouble finding the quest online so I kinda have to rely on soloing it.

Thanks to everyone who participated for the hunts. I seriously didn't mean to bail on you all right after I got my urgent completed, but I couldn't get connected again for some reason.

Damn the Gem farming room is full I'll start a new one ID is 21-9559-6253-0866 zenith gems and large zenith gems got a lot of weapons to hone !

Ready to farm some Gore mantles!

JN3B6yk.jpg

(Carving God and Sharpness +1, I really wish we could forge the pirate set...)

PrankT

What do I build for (decorations) if I want to stop my dude from being stunned when a monster roars?
Hearing is the decoration. HG Earplugs to block everything besides screams that attack you (i.e. tigrex, ukanlos), Earplugs or Rock Steady (Steady) for smaller screams.

I wonder when we'll be able to use sound attacks? I mean yeah we have hunting horn songs for buffs but I mean a legit weapon who's attacks are soundwaves like how Tigrex or Akantor do it.

Top Bottom