• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

He's not so nice to swing a sword at. :C

I'm half contemplating going gunner just for this fight.

That and the fight is reeeeally bad when you play with randoms most of the time. But, I did get to kick someone with the white fatalis gear today.
lol I still don't understand those people.
No worries.

Apex Electric Monkey, anyone?
09-3931-8379-5707

I'll try the monkey, no promises.

upandaway

Well there we go. Teostra, Kushala, Akantor and Rajang all opened up at once in the caravan. This is dandy.

I'll give this a try um, later.

Mzo

Wow, the apex Seregios urgent caravan 9* > 10* was one of the easiest fights so far. He went down in like 5 mins and I only used a couple of potions. Didn't expect that at all.

Yeah, it's just an apex fight tutorial, right?

Seregios hits hard but goes down quick with a group, even the later quests.

Spent some time last night upgrading my friend's Velocidrome/Rajang guild quest up to the levels that matter 126+. Got some divine armor spheres and a whole lot of shit equipment and charms.

jorgejjvr

Discussion time!

What is worse, a G rank Apex Rajang or a G rank Golden Rajang? State your opinions and why you feel the way you do.

-Alternis

tuffy

He's not so nice to swing a sword at. :C

I'm half contemplating going gunner just for this fight. What gun/armor set would you suggest?
It's probably easiest to grab something like the Seregios LBG and some armor set with Normal Up, Evade Extender and whatever other damage boosters you can fit in. Brachy's head and tail (not tail tip) are good shot targets and an LBG's mobility should make it easier to keep up with all his bouncing around.

Discussion time!

What is worse, a G rank Apex Rajang or a G rank Golden Rajang? State your opinions and why you feel the way you do.

-Alternis

Apex for sure. You have to work on getting him out of it before the cheese can begin while Furious can be cheesed right away. :D

I'm trying to farm Silver Guild Tickets. I've been doing the mini Tetsucabra event quest for the past 5 times and I still don't have it. Is this a low drop rate item? What other event quest would give me a higher chance of getting this Silver Guild Ticket?

So what's the general opinion on g crown randoms who don't have their wystones? Should they be an insta-kick from frenzy/apex rooms or do you tell them they should do offline?

So what's the general opinion on g crown randoms who don't have their wystones? Should they be an insta-kick from frenzy/apex rooms or do you tell them they should do offline?

It's hard because I only have my regular LV2 Wystone, not the one that knocks guys out of Apex mode, because I just have a better time playing online.

Shengar

It's hard because I only have my regular LV2 Wystone, not the one that knocks guys out of Apex mode, because I just have a better time playing online.
Any Wystone could knocked monster out of Apex stage, assuming you can hit their small soft spots (Tigrex's head, Rajang's back and tail, Gravios feet). What Drive Wystone does is that it allows you to hit every part of monster you want without bouncing. Also second wystone and drive wystone is unlocked by doing a chain of quests in G Rank, not offline. There is a gaijinhunter video about it.

wiibomb

recently I was think about something...

before the release of MH4U I heard that both intros were included for the game, but I have only see the first one on the opening of the game, but the second appears only on the gallery for me.. is there a form to put that second intro as the opening of the game or is it locked to the Tigrex one?

Mzo

They're insta-kick for me. With the gear they have at that point they can tear through the requisite quests in no time at all.

Just selfish, really.

They're insta-kick for me. With the gear they have at that point they can tear through the requisite quests in no time at all.

Just selfish, really.

ask them to get drive first then come back, if they refuse then I kick

Yeah, screw those guys! Totally kick them.

...I totally just got mine yesterday despite being g-crown for 2 weeks.

Jhen takes two dragonspires?! Good thing I had them already.

*edit: why did they remove rock steady from his armor for 4U? That was my main reason I made it back in 3.

Shengar

When I was sure my Livid Grisscannon set doing wonderwork, I got disconnected again. It seems that I'm not allowed to play for today.

PrankT

When I was sure my Livid Grisscannon set doing wonderwork, I got disconnected again. It seems that I'm not allowed to play for today.
You knocked him out of apex in record time! It took us about 5 minutes in the end; if you stayed we might have been able to cut it below 4, which would have been impressive.

Tarps

Can I get some advice guys?

I've made it to HR7 and Caravan 9* without really crafting much in the way of armor or weaponry. Infact, I've only made LR and HR versions of Tetsucabra armor, and my main GS is an upgraded water GS I made from Kecha Wacha parts what feels like a million years ago.

It feels like I might not be a milion miles away from G Rank, so should I stick with what I have until G Rank, or is there other decent HR sets I might want to think about before going any further?

Wolfe

Wouldn't hurt to make one of the final high rank armors to ease you into the beginning of G rank. Plus you can use the opportunity to try out new skills.

Wolfe

I finally got a palico with unreal blocking, shit is crazy good, makes rajang into a joke heh. Must have really hurt his pride too cause I got 4 of his scraps without even using the reward boost :p

Shengar

I finally got a palico with unreal blocking, shit is crazy good, makes rajang into a joke heh. Must have really hurt his pride too cause I got 4 of his scraps without even using the reward boost :p

You should ask me if you need Unreal Blocking palicoes since I have five of them.

Wolfe

You should ask me if you need Unreal Blocking palicoes since I have five of them.

Tbh I didn't even know they existed until recently, figured if find one eventually. Don't really mind not getting one till now as they make the mini game way too easy :p

Pila

I heard that "Fire Fight" event quest (Akantor, it gives you that Zelda stuff) actually has silver tickets as rewards, GAF hunters confirm? Sounds good, I need couple of Zino plates and I wouldn't mind avoid the farming...

Top Bottom