• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Rawk Hawk

Outta curiosity, can you block the wind tunnel?

And I don't suppose anyone here could give me a hand? Randos just aren't cuttin it.

Not sure, haven't really tried. Whenever I see him travel to an edge of the map, I just sprint to one of the sides and start making my way towards him. My goal is usually to try and making it to his side before the beam even comes out, although had to break a habit of sharpening when he starts to tunnel, as it came out fast enough that it could snipe me.

With the Evasion talk, has anyone used Nimbleness? Wondering what level of Evasion and Constitution it is. Some said it was +1, and others said it was +2.

Made a dumb set for fun:
3RHfcmI.jpg

Doesn't look too bad in person either.

It's a shame my room kept on dropping people but for what it's worth the runs were very good. Even got a reactor from the last one.

Outta curiosity, can you block the wind tunnel?

And I don't suppose anyone here could give me a hand? Randos just aren't cuttin it.
As a gunlance user I wouldn't recommend trying to block that. In fact, there's a few attacks that even with guard +2 and guard boost i still wouldn't want to be stuck behind if only because your stamina will drop like a rock and leave you defenseless.

CodeNfX

You can roll through a lot of stuff. You can roll through almost everything with evasion +3 and it's a lot easier with evasion +1 to roll through things like roars.

I have evasion +1. I'll try to time the rolls when monsters roar, should be fun :D

What time are you going to be on? I'm in the Mountain time zone.

I'll be on around 7-8pm pacific time. Will post the game room if anyone wants to join. If you need the urgent, we can take turns too.

jorgejjvr

Sweet. What's the set?

Vangis X set. I achieved those skills thanks to a protection +8 charm with 3 slots. But as long as you have something that can be activated with one slot and a three slot charm, it'll give you my skills and the skill on your talisman. Do you have what I mentioned?

-Alternis

Edit: It's a bit of a downgrade in terms of defense but I feel that the damage output and Sharpness skills are worth it.

Prisoner

Vangis X set. I achieved those skills thanks to a protection +8 charm with 3 slots. But as long as you have something that can be activated with one slot and a three slot charm, it'll give you my skills and the skill on your talisman. Do you have what I mentioned?

-Alternis

Edit: It's a bit of a downgrade in terms of defense but I feel that the damage output and Sharpness skills are worth it.

I don't know if I have any charms like that, and I haven't built any deviljho armor pieces since Tri, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

jorgejjvr

I don't know if I have any charms like that, and I haven't built any deviljho armor pieces since Tri, but I'll look into it. Thanks.

Its pretty nostalgic too. Examples would include any skill which takes 10 points to activate but the decorations for one slot grant two points (Sharpener, speed gathering, sneak, speed setup, protection, etc.)

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

For someone whose first MH was Tri on the Wii, Deviljho (even after getting to learn Rajang) will always have a special place in my heart for being the most invincible, ruthless, savage, hungry, powerful, and indestructible monster there is, spreading fear and terror with every footstep.

-Alternis

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
xwDgdMq.jpg

Decided it was finally time to make a G rank Gathering set. I had everything I needed for Obituary already and I had a +10 Charmer charm just sitting there. I could drop down Gathering one stage and gem up to Charm God, but I need more Rath Gleem.

Penguin Slap

Neo Member
I killed a frenzied Congalala, and I hope I never have to fight one again.
They're grossss. x_x
I'm catching up though, I'll be on G rank eventually!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
For someone whose first MH was Tri on the Wii, Deviljho (even after getting to learn Rajang) will always have a special place in my heart for being the most invincible, ruthless, savage, hungry, powerful, and indestructible monster there is, spreading fear and terror with every footstep.

-Alternis
Yeah he sure is scary.
dancing_pickle_gif_by_nch85-d8logqm.gif

Prisoner

Its pretty nostalgic too. Examples would include any skill which takes 10 points to activate but the decorations for one slot grant two points (Sharpener, speed gathering, sneak, speed setup, protection, etc.)

-Alternis

Turns out I have a Protection +7, 3 slot charm.

And yes, Deviljho is one of my favorites too. :)

jorgejjvr

Turns out I have a Protection +7, 3 slot charm.

And yes, Deviljho is one of my favorites too. :)

Sadly, it must be +8. However, that just mean you wouldn't get divine protection. Hmm... Are there any talismans with two slots that give you a +10 in anything?

-Alternis

OceanBlue

Just hit G2. What kind of armor should I be using? I'm still using my 500 DEF Rath Soul armor from high rank. I like the skills too much. :(

jorgejjvr

Is there anyone who has the Star Knight quest? Or does anyone know someone who does? I really want that Star Knight armor >.<

-Alternis

Do people generally find the 3DS XL is more comfortable to hold with the Circle Pad Pro? I'm fully invested in this game, so I figure it's probably time to upgrade.

Wow, I got bored and made Gore X and to make it even remotely survivable vs fire monsters you need to gem in fire res and then eat for more fire res and if the RNG is on your side you end up with +3 fire! Simply amazing that they would have gore and family so fire weak. It's kinda weird that any fire monster even catches the frenzy when they could have just fire balled him in the face and have been done with it.

Leezard

Wow, I got bored and made Gore X and to make it even remotely survivable vs fire monsters you need to gem in fire res and then eat for more fire res and if the RNG is on your side you end up with +3 fire! Simply amazing that they would have gore and family so fire weak. It's kinda weird that any fire monster even catches the frenzy when they could have just fire balled him in the face and have been done with it.

It's enough to eat for fire res. You will get +3 just from that.

Wolfe

Yeah the FR on it is so bad that I don't even bother trying to gem or food it out.

Ran into my first cheat charm user today, dude had a rare 6 or 8 charm with 28 attack, 2 expert and 3 sockets. I don't have a problem with unreleased DLC as it's something that's still a legit part of the game regardless of when it will be released outside Japan but shit like that charm are completely unnecessary.

Top Bottom