• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

Renewed

Right but like, I've been to every area and there's no more people with yellow bubbles over their heads anywhere, and I've done every key quest leading up to what should be her quest :/

Says you get to Seltas Queen by starting with "Skiff Competition" where you hunt Monoblos. Then there are 3 Keys, "Take a Powderstone, Hide-and-Freak, and In The Pink ".

Beats

Thanks to Prototype for the Fortify set idea for expeditions.

Carted twice and with Challenger+2 I have 575 attack with my SnS and 40% affinity. I don't have Adrenaline+2 though. Gonna see if I can make a set with that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
When do you start getting decent weapons from G-Rank expeditions? It seems super rare to get a treasure area in G-Rank, and even rarer for a weapon to drop from a mining point. Would I be right in assuming that good weapons mostly drop in the really high-level guild quests?

Shengar

When do you start getting decent weapons from G-Rank expeditions? It seems super rare to get a treasure area in G-Rank, and even rarer for a weapon to drop from a mining point. Would I be right in assuming that good weapons mostly drop in the really high-level guild quests?
Expedition? Then it is depends on your luck. But if we're talking about guild quest, worthwhile weapon drops at GQ 126+.
What's the deal with hardhorns? I have like 30 of them sitting in my inventory unused
What hardhorns? Rajang Hardhorns? Yeah they're pretty abundant since people online have tendencies to target its hor. Diablos on the otherhand is different matter...

Renoir

Ok. I'm 2 coins away from making black belt helm/black belt vambrace.
Which is more useful head or hands.. Do heads come with more than 1 slots? Or hands comes with more than one slot later in the game? Is it worth to make both?

And Damn... I put more hours in this than FF tactics.. 192hrs. Only game that tops hours now is Dota.

tuffy

Ok. I'm 2 coins away from making black belt helm/black belt vambrace.
Which is more useful head or hands.. Do heads come with more than 1 slots? Or hands comes with more than one slot later in the game? Is it worth to make both?

And Damn... I put more hours in this than FF tactics.. 192hrs. Only that had more hours now is Dota.
It's probably worth it to make both. Both the Black Belt helm and vambraces are the few Torso Up pieces that can be worn on the head or arms. So they turn up in all sorts of mixed sets later on.

So I fought teostra for the first time, and I'm curious, is that nova on a timer? It seemed like it came at fairly regular intervals. Then again, i could just be imagining it.

jorgejjvr

I don't suppose anyone happened to acquire a Deviljho guild quest that's level 126+ with Freedom Series C (arms)?

-Alternis

Edit: At this point I'm willing to do or give anything (within reason) in return for such a quest.

tuffy

So I fought teostra for the first time, and I'm curious, is that nova on a timer? It seemed like it came at fairly regular intervals. Then again, i could just be imagining it.
The jumping supernova occurs exactly 100 seconds after he gets enraged. It's possible to reset the timer by knocking him out of rage mode, successfully mounting him, and so on. There's supernova timers available to keep track of it, if necessary.

I wish there was an actual G rank Rajang available to play against in MP.

And somehow I got two Hardfangs without even seeing them in the results screen. The fuck?

So I needed one silverpelt from Garuga and I thought how bad could it be at 101? Yeah nobody told me he goes frenzy >.>

Still got my pelt.

Wolfe

Can anyone weigh in on making a Lagiacrus X set specifically for using my Deified Grisblade? It seems like it would be perfect even for a regular GS.

I made the lagia x set just for the hell of it and then made a pale kaiser just for that set as it seemed geared towards GS. Molten tigrex seems like a great choice for it. I gemmed sharpness +1 and crit draw into mine.

Shengar

Can anyone weigh in on making a Lagiacrus X set specifically for using my Deified Grisblade? It seems like it would be perfect even for a regular GS.
I'm no regular GS user, but Lagiacrus X is indeed a pretty decent full set for GS. Good number of gem slots, innate crit draw, and Divine Protecion skill which makes a safety for attack honing your weapon if you choose to. Plus, it's a full set so you don't look like a clown when hunting.
Room???

Edit: G room 19-3188-5382-0965, pass 1111.

2 spots
I'll be there in 15 minutes

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If anyone needs to do the HR4 Sootstone delivery quest to upgrade the kitchen, I've got a room open (and could use some help).

44-2081-8931-0080

EDIT: Eh, never mind.

Ruby Basarios anyone? Going to need to focus on breaking the back for the Sharpness jewels. I'll share the quest with ya'll when you join.

12-7217-8406-6078

Ulthwe

I finally went for the blademaster Lobster set. WOW! You can really feel evasion+ and evasion distance working. Anyway I failed twice vs Emerald Conga as the armor is soooo weak against fire it's not even funny.

Is there a dedicated G-Rank Deviljho quest?

I need his parts for Vangis X armor; haven't found any guildhall quests for this...yet.

I'm only G-2, though...

Shengar

I don't suppose anyone happened to acquire a Deviljho guild quest that's level 126+ with Freedom Series C (arms)?

-Alternis

Edit: At this point I'm willing to do or give anything (within reason) in return for such a quest.

Tough luck, I got Deviljho with Freedom Series C just now but it drop chest piece.

Leezard

-Alternis

I just checked, and I sadly only have Leg/Chest versions of those quests.

tm24

So on a scale of 1-10, how insane was this charm run?

s50cs1O.jpg

Top Bottom